Under Armour?

Yeah, they finally went away from the outsole design.  Not saying it's a good thing, but clearly a departure. Shades of Curry 1 in that heel counter.

Gradient upper is very welcome once again, although it's more like the toebox is just a solid color.  The Drive has been one of my favorite lines so I hope they continue.  Haven't realized it's full potential if you ask me.

For anyone that's an Under Armour fanatic or just needs a new gym bag I'm loving their new bag. Exterior pockets for days. Planning on using it as a gym bag and a weekend bag.

For anyone that's an Under Armour fanatic or just needs a new gym bag I'm loving their new bag. Exterior pockets for days. Planning on using it as a gym bag and a weekend bag.
Wish it had straps so it could be a duffle bag. Went with the backpack because of that. Backpack is awesome. You're not kidding about the pockets haha.

Wish it had straps so it could be a duffle bag. Went with the backpack because of that. Backpack is awesome. You're not kidding about the pockets haha.

Yeah I'm surprised it doesn't have that option. Not sure who would hold it from the handle they put on one of the bottom sides. Seems like a standard duffle strap would be used by more people.

I recently picked up the Under Armour Clutchfit drive from Marshalls. I've read alot of reviews from nightwing, kickgenius, schwollo detailing the shoe. I was very intrigued by the shoe, full clutchfit upper, micro g cushioning and $40 is not bad. I'm 6'3 225. I'm a pretty big guy, simple actions such as running and jumping put alot of torque and strain on my feet. After playing in them for about a month indoor, outdoor, good courts, and bad courts; I have a couple thoughts about the shoe. It gets very hot inside the shoe. My feet would be soaked by the end of five on five. When I first got them they were a blister factory. There was no place for heat to escape.

Cushion: micro g was pretty good when I first got them. Low too the ground, great court feel. Very bouncy. After a week I had too replace the insole though.The stock insole had become warped, it happens.

The shoe doesn't feature a torsion plate or arch support. The bigger you are the more support you need. It does features a plastic heel counter which is more for aesthetic than function. I rolled my ankle coming down for a rebound. The shoe is a high top but is not restrictive as I needed. I would have liked more ankle padding to slow down ankle inversion.

Traction is extremely tacky fresh out the box. It picks up every single piece of dust on the floor. In an odd situation the indoor traction improved by playing in them outdoors. Once it stopped picking up dust it was very good one of the best features.

Average shoe 6/10 great traction, good bounce while it lasted, cool design.

Bad breathability, lack of support and padding.

This is my first time writing a review any advice and critique's would be greatly appreciated.

Looks fine to me.  It's good that you listed your stats.  I'm 5 9" 175 and I had a completely different experience.  They're one of my favorite shoes of all time and my favorite UA bball shoe so far.

I don't know if anything could have prevented your ankle from rolling.  In my experience, a heavy duty ankle brace is the only thing I've worn that actually felt like it prevented my ankle from rolling when it was about to happen.

Looks fine to me.  It's good that you listed your stats.  I'm 5 9" 175 and I had a completely different experience.  They're one of my favorite shoes of all time and my favorite UA bball shoe so far.

I don't know if anything could have prevented your ankle from rolling.  In my experience, a heavy duty ankle brace is the only thing I've worn that actually felt like it prevented my ankle from rolling when it was about to happen.
 Agree its good to post stats. I also found it to be a great 8/10 shoe and I'm about 5 10" 160. Didn't find any support or cushion issues but like everyone said the ventilation is the biggest issue. I tried to poke some hole in the toe box but that clutchfit material is too tough.

Also found some traction issues compared to my Kobe's. Needs a lot more wipes compared to my Kobes.

Yeah I'm surprised it doesn't have that option. Not sure who would hold it from the handle they put on one of the bottom sides. Seems like a standard duffle strap would be used by more people.
Isn't this the Rock's collection with UA? He probably likes to curl everything like its a dumbbell so it made sense when he looked at the bag.

These will be a huge flop if this is indeed the curry 3. Doesn't matter how good the colorway is the design of the shoe is beyond horrible

^Since those pics are of replicas, I will wait to pass judgement.  Personally what I see so far is promising, they brought back some ankle padding and structure, kept a good traction pattern (although I'm mad they went what seems to be backwards from the pattern of the 2).  We'll see soon w/ pics of the real deal... looks like some serious heel cup/lateral support w/ what appears to be carbon fiber if you look closely in some pics

^Since those pics are of replicas, I will wait to pass judgement.  Personally what I see so far is promising, they brought back some ankle padding and structure, kept a good traction pattern (although I'm mad they went what seems to be backwards from the pattern of the 2).  We'll see soon w/ pics of the real deal... looks like some serious heel cup/lateral support w/ what appears to be carbon fiber if you look closely in some pics

I'm sure they will be very good performance driven but really disappointing from the 1/2 to 3 design standpoint. The company's most recognizable athlete shouldn't have Under Armour font running across the shoe like that. Makes them look like a team shoe.

I can't get pass how boxy they look. Maybe this allows Curry to not wear an ankle brace any more?

I shouldn't be too critical until official pics are seen and they are on feet. Pretty sure I'll still buy lol.

Last edited:
^The UA gaudy text and logos need to fade away... I completely agree, at least for Steph's models.

They do look a little off to say the least.  Straight cuts at the ankle usually look strange.  Got a little HD 2015 going on there.  Curving the collar or dropping the achilles would have done a lot to change the look.

Flat outsole, beefy heel counter and back to the flat herringbone.  I can already see the reviewers saying traction took a step backwards from the 2.  Eh.  Visually, my least favorite out of his 3 signatures.

Take away the over the top branding, and I'm totally in. Looks a bit blocky yes, but I'm imagining these of course had Curry's ankle braces in mind. From that standpoint, I think the design makes sense if people thought the support was a bit lacking on the 2. But change the materials a bit, and I think these will look dope.

^First two from the left are super clean.  Pretty set between currys, clutchfits but I am curious about this model

Do you mean Mudiay PEs?

Last edited:
I was going to say these look more like Mudiay PE's.  It would be really unusual to see a signature guy get PE's of a team shoe unless it's his team shoe a la Lebron Soldiers, Kobe Mentality, etc.

Black and yellow pair is pretty damn nice.

ah shucks forgot about Mudiay lol. I do see a small 0EM on the tongue tab. For sure they'll release, hope to see the colorways in lows too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom