Under Armour?

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like UA is about to fall off the map. Their product line feels better - the Curry 8 is good and some of their new shoes are good but I feel like they aren't even trying to grab the market, sell their products, or take advantage of anything when dissatisfaction with jordan brand and nike in general with all their shenanigans, seems to be at an all time high. Nike has 1s and dunks but just overall consumers are tired of not being able to get products. And UA has some good stuff but the top 3 things basketball people are looking for (we believe 8s, these, flow future x) are nowhere to be found and without even a release date.

flashsole updates like once a week at most, uabasketball on ig barely does and UA's in store and online people don't know ****.

Do you wanna go out of business? Cause this is how you go outta business.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like UA is about to fall off the map. Their product line feels better - the Curry 8 is good and some of their new shoes are good but I feel like they aren't even trying to grab the market, sell their products, or take advantage of anything when dissatisfaction with jordan brand and nike in general with all their shenanigans, seems to be at an all time high. Nike has 1s and dunks but just overall consumers are tired of not being able to get products. And UA has some good stuff but the top 3 things basketball people are looking for (we believe 8s, these, flow future x) are nowhere to be found and without even a release date.

flashsole updates like once a week at most, uabasketball on ig barely does and UA's in store and online people don't know ****.

Do you wanna go out of business? Cause this is how you go outta business.

Honestly, that’s why most of these other companies can’t catch up. They do it to themselves.

The marketing is poor (initial marketing was solid but fell off quickly). The colorways released are bland. And the interest wanes when it’s not in the front of consumers. Given the Curry brand is new maybe they will roll out more aestically pleasing models and colorways. Speaking of colorways, Everything released looks very team bank-esque. They have the nerve to try to try to give stories or nicknames to a black and white, grey and white, etc colorways. That’s comedy lol

The Curry 8 seems to have rave reviews from a performance standpoint. I tried on a pair (haven’t purchased yet bc the colorways haven’t moved me) and was impressed with initial try on. But colorways have been laughable considering this is a signature line.

Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt given this is a new venture but they really could steal some of the market if they played their cards right. I understand your frustration on the way they’ve handled the Curry line.

Another issue I have is, their endorsed players (not curry) but that’s another story for another time. Lol

JS”

Last edited:
I'm convinced UA is ran by idiots. I've been trying find where I can buy this Curry Brand hat that Steph has been wearing at the Howard golf tourny
curry1280.jpg

But it ain't even available for purchase anywhere, and when I search Curry Hat on the UA website, I can only find this non-sense that only has a photo of the back of the hat.
1361573-001_SLB_SL

At this point, it really does seem like they're idiots. I'm expecting some major negative news for them by the end of the summer, at this rate.

So, it's "Flow Futr X". Searching that lead me to this.

1626481058941.png

The same dates are listed for the curry 8 but dates are pretty useless in shoes these days.
Hope they release soon. If not I guess it's early september at the soonest.
Also, the new shoe could be the Hovr Havoc 4 Clone, but it doesn't seem to be because it has the same curry foam the flow futr x does, while the Clone has HOVR & Micro-G.

This is about right. It does seem that, like Wu-Tang, these are for the children. The Curry 8 foam is there but it just feels nowhere near as comfortable as those, even though those are obviously a sig. I bounced around a bit in the house and I'm probably keeping my pair because I got them at a good price, but I don't feel good about how these will feel under the weight of an adult, outside. The one good thing I like is that when you lace the shoe the strap is made to stay completely out of the way while you're tying your shoes, unlike something like the Kyrie 6.

Eventually I'll play outdoors in these and let yall know how it goes.

Last edited:
Finally they opened here. Don't have to drive an hour to Livermore or Gilroy location anymore. Haven't been to that mall in 4 months. They opened a month ago. Nice size with a lot of inventory, the basketball selection is small.
IMG_20210808_091800.jpg

This is a nice model. I wonder if the Curry 9 will have this same midsole
IMG_20210711_211818.jpg

Under Armour Breakthru 2
Looks like a womens only model. I don't know if Saucony came out with their "Breakthru" shoe first, or UA did.
Similarly, I don't know if UA led the way in putting out bball shoes just in women's sizes and Nike followed suit, or the reverse.

1629288509546.png

1629288275441.png

These look nice and I would love to try them but they definitely won't come in my size. Tried the Future X's and they did not work at all for me. I've seen dudes playing outdoors with the 8 but the FX setup just did not work for me at all outside. These mids seem like they'd give a bit more stability and possibly not have traction issues.

Under Armour Breakthru 2
Looks like a womens only model. I don't know if Saucony came out with their "Breakthru" shoe first, or UA did.
Similarly, I don't know if UA led the way in putting out bball shoes just in women's sizes and Nike followed suit, or the reverse.

1629288509546.png

1629288275441.png

These look nice and I would love to try them but they definitely won't come in my size. Tried the Future X's and they did not work at all for me. I've seen dudes playing outdoors with the 8 but the FX setup just did not work for me at all outside. These mids seem like they'd give a bit more stability and possibly not have traction issues.

thapointguy thapointguy Curry 9 is Flow but not the same as this shoe.

Blurry pics on Instagram of the Curry 9 appear to match up with the toe pics Steph shared. Based on what is seen these might be a bit lower cut than the 8

JS”

Tyasha Harris wearing the Breakthru 2s

1630197331170.png

Womens-only shoe, still not on UA yet. Outsole is the flow base. I like the setup way better than the futr flow x, which has a terrible name, performed poorfly for me, and ua is trying to 'make fetch happen' doing these 3-point shooting contests and offering up a golden futr flow x shoe. I mean nobody cares about UA in the slightest so it is what it is, but they really are about to head off a cliff.

But this looks nice:

1630197377839.png

Andy Murray's UA shoes failed him and SportsCenter did a whole segment on it. They never said "UnderArmour" but you could see the logo plain as day and first he slipped in them and fell.

Then he went to the side and sat down and took them off and looked at them and there was a clip of him slamming the shoes down pissed. He also yelled at his team in the stands because they only brought him one pair of shoes.

Then he talked about it in postgame (he lost in 5 sets) and said he'd never had that happen before and that it was a new pair of shoes too, so basically he wasn't expecting that. But he blamed himself, so I guess at least there is that.

I say that because that's exactly what happened to me in the flow futr x's. Brand new, slipping everywhere while playing. Nobody else was slipping. Luckily for me I always bring a backup pair. Bad thing for UA is that the shoes Murray had didn't look like they had the flow traction, just some standard ua tennis shoes.

The 9s had better be a hit, because the flow futr x's aint it, and the breakthrus aren't availabile in mens sizes, and the 3Z5's have gotten no traction.

The Rock collection seems to be doing well though - looks good and I see those get mentioned a lot. And UA has those front and center so maybe they're going back to their roots.

I wonder what options Steph has if UA gets bought. He has his own brand, so could he spin that off completely?

Back
Top Bottom