Under Armour?

Deadlifts and squats will do wonders for explosiveness.  Would highly recommend to include them in workouts if possible.
Definately. Those two are a must. Its kinda crazy how many people in the gym just do bench, flys, and bicep curls lmao but hey different people, different goals

Last edited:
Definately. Those two are a must. Its kinda crazy how many people in the gym just do bench, flys, and bicep curls lmao but hey different people, different goals

Preach brother! They are hitting them "T-shirt Muscles". That's who is referred at "Upper Body Guy". I had a buddy tell me he wouldn't do squats because "they hurt his legs".

Well, it's not always so simple.

I have days when I focus on chest, back, shoulders, or core.  I'll typically focus on one area for a workout.

But, you can tell when someone does nothing but upper body.  They got what Kevin Hart would call that prison body.  Developed chest, back, arms and shoulders and skinny legs.

And there are certainly days when I go to the gym and look around and out of maybe 15-20 people I'm the only person doing anything lower body related.  That's not a good sign.  People don't realize that doing squats and deads can do a lot for your entire body.

Weird FTL/Eastbay has this listed for $110 while the other colors are $125. Maybe because its mostly white?

Not a huge fan of the CF3. Not sure why they didn't just wrap the whole shoe in CF like the 1. Guess they were trying to differentiate, but just makes the toebox look weird to me. Like a bald spot. The lows are a little more interesting. Might try to grab for the low, but have a pair of CF1 that I ball in.

Not a huge fan of the CF3. Not sure why they didn't just wrap the whole shoe in CF like the 1. Guess they were trying to differentiate, but just makes the toebox look weird to me. Like a bald spot. The lows are a little more interesting. Might try to grab for the low, but have a pair of CF1 that I ball in.

Looks like the toe box is cf just that it doesn't have the black accents in it. Did you hold them in hand that it felt different from the CF part of the upper?

Yeah the pairs on ebay look like full length clutchfit, just the accents are the same color as the panel in the toebox.

I said it before plenty of times, it's not the upper that's the issue, it's the cushioning.  My knees don't like Charged for longer sessions.  Especially when Boost is out there in force these days.  Can't believe how much of a difference Micro G vs. Charged made for me.  I was cheerleading UA like crazy, but now I don't have any Curry 1's or 2/2.5's.  Still have a bunch of Spawns and CF Drives though.

Yeah the pairs on ebay look like full length clutchfit, just the accents are the same color as the panel in the toebox.

I said it before plenty of times, it's not the upper that's the issue, it's the cushioning.  My knees don't like Charged for longer sessions.  Especially when Boost is out there in force these days.  Can't believe how much of a difference Micro G vs. Charged made for me.  I was cheerleading UA like crazy, but now I don't have any Curry 1's or 2/2.5's.  Still have a bunch of Spawns and CF Drives though.
I'm in the same boat. Got one pair of spawns but a couple of CF Drive 1's. Really still loving the CF Drive 1's. Haven't even been following UA much after the CF Drive 2's and Curry 2's were out. Weren't really feeling it.

I'm in the same boat. Got one pair of spawns but a couple of CF Drive 1's. Really still loving the CF Drive 1's. Haven't even been following UA much after the CF Drive 2's and Curry 2's were out. Weren't really feeling it.
You're probably not missing out on much. CFD 1 mid is still my fav shoe from UA.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the cushioning improves from the 1. According to the specs, it has full length micro g with charged sitting on top of it in the heel.

Depends on what you mean by improvement.

The Drive 2's cushioning is firmer than the 1's, and that might be considered an improvement by many.  Not necessarily to me.  I said it before, I'd take the 2's if I'm only playing one important game and the 1's for normal, longer sessions.  Much prefer the Micro G in the first Drive.

Crazy as it might sound, my opinion is the Spawn/CF Drive era was the peak of UA basketball so far and it's kind of been either a plateau or a bit downhill.  I can't say the Curry 1 and 2 are better performers than the Spawn/Drive.

Pure speculation:  I think UA reeled in a bunch of fans with Micro G in the Black Ice, Bloodline, Spawn, and Drive, then pulled a Nike with their poor implementations of Zoom and gave us Charged.  I know a lot of people like Charged, but if I had to choose between Micro G and Charged it's a no brainer.

The Drive 2's cushioning is firmer than the 1's, and that might be considered an improvement by many.  Not necessarily to me.  I said it before, I'd take the 2's if I'm only playing one important game and the 1's for normal, longer sessions.  Much prefer the Micro G in the first Drive.

Crazy as it might sound, my opinion is the Spawn/CF Drive era was the peak of UA basketball so far and it's kind of been either a plateau or a bit downhill.  I can't say the Curry 1 and 2 are better performers than the Spawn/Drive.

Pure speculation:  I think UA reeled in a bunch of fans with Micro G in the Black Ice, Bloodline, Spawn, and Drive, then pulled a Nike with their poor implementations of Zoom and gave us Charged.  I know a lot of people like Charged, but if I had to choose between Micro G and Charged it's a no brainer.

You are 100% right ,at least in my case. The Jennings blace ice had me hooked on UA because of Micro G. Ppl would are just now coming to UA becauae of curry need to go back and check out the black ice and bloodline shoes

You are 100% right ,at least in my case. The Jennings blace ice had me hooked on UA because of Micro G. Ppl would are just now coming to UA becauae of curry need to go back and check out the black ice and bloodline shoes

No lie.....I tried UA because of Curry hype. The shoes, I like the looks of them and they are super duper comfy. I personally prefer the 2s. They feel a little softer without being "mattress like". My feet are in heaven in Currys

Honestly I was hoping they implemented the way the Fortis handled its cushioning with Charged being used as a carrier for micro g into their basketball shoes. In the Drive 3's it's backwards with micro g 1st then a charged heel plate on it probably for stability.

No lie.....I tried UA because of Curry hype. The shoes, I like the looks of them and they are super duper comfy. I personally prefer the 2s. They feel a little softer without being "mattress like". My feet are in heaven in Currys

Try and find a pair of black ice...for me personally those shoes are right on par with the CFD one as UA best basketball shoe ever. Bloodline is amazinh as well but ut is the heavier of the 3

Looks like the toe box is cf just that it doesn't have the black accents in it. Did you hold them in hand that it felt different from the CF part of the upper?

I see. Only seen pictures and you can see the CF on the toebox in them. I might try these on, but my CF1 are still going strong.

Plus I completely agree. MicroG is superior imo to Charged. Much better on the knees. I haven't balled in my Curry 2s but just from walking around I can tell. How do the Fireshots fair? Has anyone played in those in here?

Fireshots are reaaallly soft - almost too soft, but nice. I reviewed them on weartesters.com.

Back
Top Bottom