University of Phoenix

Has anybody graduated from University of Phoenix? I'm about to start going there to get my Masters in Information Systems since my job is going to pay for it. How do jobs feel about University of Phoenix degrees? Has anybody or anybody you guys know ever gotten a good job with a degree from here? 

A degree is a degree. Grab one if you can and anything you can use to come up is good.

I don't know or seen anyone with one of those degrees.

I would only go to the University of Pheonix if my job was paying for it and was getting a masters. So you are good in my book.

As far as jobs, smaller firms may not be attracted to you. They usually want the best bang for their buck and usually they feel they can get that with graduates of traditional graduates.

Larger firms may already have some Phoenix graduates, so they may be more accepting.

Why U OF P tho?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

A degree is a degree. Grab one if you can and anything you can use to come up is good.

False. ALL degrees are not created equal.

OP, since you are in more of an IT role, then the school where you get your degree from is not that important. For almost every other job, it is.

Thanks everyone for your input. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting my time for a worthless piece of paper.

Originally Posted by DuvalChevyBoy

Thanks everyone for your input. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting my time for a worthless piece of paper.
well u came to the right place to get the answer

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by DuvalChevyBoy

well u came to the right place to get the answer
roll.gif

I think the future of education and especially e-learning is not University of Phoenix or Devry but private certificate and other unaccredited programs. In reality the accreditation doesn't mean anything as long as the institute is respected and accepted in the market. I don't think its IT/MIS related but an example is Jack Welch Management Institute http://www.jwmi.com/ (former GE Chairman and famed investor)

^there is no way unaccredited schools will ever gain any real acceptance...

OP. instead of Phoenix. look into schools that have an actual brick and mortar location, but also offer online degree programs.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

OP. instead of Phoenix. look into schools that have an actual brick and mortar location, but also offer online degree programs.
Oh they have locations....

Spoiler [+]
They're just all empty
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

False. ALL degrees are not created equal.

OP, since you are in more of an IT role, then the school where you get your degree from is not that important. For almost every other job, it is.
you do know IT is a lot more than just fixing computers these days?

My girl has her M.Ed. from University of Phoenix. She graduated back in 2009. Had no problem finding a job after completion of her program.

My girlfriends a recruiter and she said anytime she sees one of these schools on the resume they get the Steve Nash....

My sister graduated from University of Phoenix with a teaching degree. Got a job right away at a school in Boca Raton, FL. Not a bad area. I don't know what these people are talking about. Sure, some recruiters might have a bias, but MOST do not. If you have a good resume AND a degree you're in pretty good shape.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

This.

Phoenix is just a cash cow, and does not have a good rep. ( Canadian perspective, in Canada they wont even look at those degrees)

Not so sure about that bruh...
I was in my adviser's office (master's EE) when he got a call from someone with an online bachelor's. Dude straight up told him that he had to do 2 more years of undergrad from an accredited school before he could be accepted in a grad program. 

Back
Top Bottom