Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

Jack Harlow sucks yet on a 3hr car ride I heard his dumb song at least 10 times on various radio stations. I blame Drake.

I got a client that is a radio DJ. He has admitted he doesn’t even like the music he plays. He can sound it off in the studio as it plays but when he does appearances at those default wine & cheese festivals hosted by X radio show in Y bougie city he’s grinding teeth throughout the day.

Most radio music I hear when my wife is driving is just tik tok viral sound songs. Literally the same damn songs 3-4 times an hour.

Im more confused about people complaining about the radio when we have the ability nowadays to listen to whatever music/playlist or podcast(s) we want in the car. I made a cross country trip a few weeks back, never once turned on the radio.

Im more confused about people complaining about the radio when we have the ability nowadays to listen to whatever music/playlist or podcast(s) we want in the car. I made a cross country trip a few weeks back, never once turned on the radio.
I’m a musician. Radio play is a big thing to musicians. (It’s where a lot of money is at for record labels and such) Unfortunately, the only music that makes it on the radio is over processed pop cookie cutter garbage. (Most of the time)

I don’t listen to the radio. But I do have my gripes about it, and the state of music on the radio.

Been to San Diego and Charlotte lately. I turn the radio on in different cities just to see how good the stations are. Was thoroughly impressed with one of the black stations in San Diego. The One in Charlotte was whatever.

I recently did a lot of driving while on vacation and it was kind of nice to hear the local stations. I usually listen to sports radio or have a play list when I'm working.

Yeah I like xm when I drove more, hip hop, reggae and comedy kept me entertained. You can get it for cheap but it's a pain in the neck.

And XM is as lenient with their free trials as AOL was with those 1000 free hours CDS.

Just call XM and tell them you want to try out their product.

I recently did a lot of driving while on vacation and it was kind of nice to hear the local stations. I usually listen to sports radio or have a play list when I'm working.
I moved away from my home market so almost every morning I listen to the replays of the local sports talk shows. Does that make me extra washed? :lol:

Had my nephew's on a road trip. No headphones allowed and we all got to catch up and talk. Radio was on in the background. It was jack Harlow bad.

Sounds like you missed an opportunity to put them on to different music.

People like to complain but don't anything to counteract their gripes. One of the best parts about riding in the car with different friends/family members growing up was the different types of music.

Even with streaming/youtube you can get stuck in a loop of what you already listen to or what the industry is pushing at the moment.

the world is constantly devolving in every way

Everything from society as a whole down to entertainment/sports

It's funny to see people argue against it because naturally things are supposed to improve, but this really isn't the case.

The new throwback station they play in NYC is fire. Forgot what the station is, 94.7 I think?

Sometimes I play the radio for short trips or im too lazy to look through what to listen to on my phone.

I moved away from my home market so almost every morning I listen to the replays of the local sports talk shows. Does that make me extra washed? :lol:
Bro this hit me in the feels haha. I moved away from Minneapolis a few years back but continue to listen to the local sports radio station there (add free obviously)

IMO The notion that cancel culture isn't "real" comes from people not believing whoevers up for cancellation has not been punished enough in their eyes.

People lose money, opportunities, relationships, peace but because the persons career isn't completely shut down as they would like, cancellation isn't real.

If details of someone’s actions come out and people make decisions on that basis, whether it’s NOT offering something, that is not canceling/defamation of them, that’s having the full story of what happened or perspectives of what happened, which would’ve been what the person suffering the consequences would be HAPPY to represent… if the results benefitted them.

Back
Top Bottom