*UPDATE 6/27/15*.......Legend of Korra OFFICIAL THREAD..........MIGHT BE GETTING A NEW AIRBENDER SER

I'd want to say air but they need to have some specialized skilled. Like mentioned earlier water benders can blood bend and heal, earth can do metal and sand, fire can do lightening and amaterasu

the next episode should be good im excited.. on the other note i would be a fire bender bending lightning would be :pimp: :pimp:

i got dat fire bender hand :pimp:

i just love how fire can destroy things so fast and easy :pimp: im a evil ************ at heart :pimp:

What's with the air bending bashing? With it you can fly, jump really high and run super fast or create a sweet air scooter or air wheel for y'all lazy ******.

Plus when it comes to fighting it's really flexible. It's not as soft as y'all making it seem. It can be super destructive.

You can either chop ****** down with wind blades or hit them with concussive air blasts and create tornadoes and ****.

Look how many firebenders monk gyatso murked before he died. And roku destroyed part of sozins palace when he got mad.

You can also use it to pull things towards you. Remote too far away? Airbend it towards you. Nothing is out of your reach anymore.

And for those that want an OP move like blood bending you can theoretically bend the air away from someone and force them to suffocate.

What's with the air bending bashing? With it you can fly, jump really high and run super fast or create a sweet air scooter or air wheel for y'all lazy ******.
Plus when it comes to fighting it's really flexible. It's not as soft as y'all making it seem. It can be super destructive.
You can either chop ****** down with wind blades or hit them with concussive air blasts and create tornadoes and ****.
Look how many firebenders monk gyatso murked before he died. And roku destroyed part of sozins palace when he got mad.
You can also use it to pull things towards you. Remote too far away? Airbend it towards you. Nothing is out of your reach anymore.
And for those that want an OP move like blood bending you can theoretically bend the air away from someone and force them to suffocate.
Uhh, what? How does air bending correlate to running fast?

You can fly with fire bending. Korra was doing that throughout the last fight.

Can't earth benders adjust gravity?

Every bending ability can allow the user to move in the air. Airbenders fly obviously with their gliders. Firebenders propel themselves with fire. Earthbenders can stand on rocks and then lift the rocks. Waterbenders can either slide on ice or just form pillars of water and float in them (Korra's done both) Just saying it's not really unique to any one group.

Last edited:
That was more like levitating than flying. It was like she was skating around on fire.

The only person shown who really could fly with it was ozai but that was under special conditions and he's no ordinary firebender.

And earth benders can't adjust gravity. They would be soooooo OP if they could. There would be no discussion
laugh.gif

And yeah a quick google search woulda shown him I was right. Must not have seen the eps where aang did it.

That was more like levitating than flying. It was like she was skating around on fire.

The only person shown who really could fly with it was ozai but that was under special conditions and he's no ordinary firebender.

And earth benders can't adjust gravity. They would be soooooo OP if they could. There would be no discussion
laugh.gif

And yeah a quick google search woulda shown him I was right. Must not have seen the eps where aang did it.
Pretty sure Iroh (Zuko's grandson) also showed the ability, and I know Azula did so it's not limited to when Sozin's comet is near.

Last edited:

To all those that chose Air...what if it was a packaged deal with them arrow tats?
Still would.

laugh.gif

Pretty sure Iroh (Zuko's grandson) also showed the ability, and I know Azula did so it's not limited to when Sozin's comet is near.
Iroh was freefalling and used it to propel himself towards a plane. Not flying. And azula, while also freefalling, used fire to propel herself towards a cliff wall. Not really flying.

If she could wouldn't it have made more sense for her to just fly back up instead of just hanging onto a cliff for dear life? Closest she came to flying was during sozins comet and that was also more like levitating. Even if they could fly they're not exactly your average firebender. That's like saying Vince Carter can do a 360 Windmill so every black person can.

Still would.

Iroh was freefalling and used it to propel himself towards a plane. Not flying. And azula, while also freefalling, used fire to propel herself towards a cliff wall. Not really flying.

If she could wouldn't it have made more sense for her to just fly back up instead of just hanging onto a cliff for dear life? Closest she came to flying was during sozins comet and that was also more like levitating. Even if they could fly they're not exactly your average firebender. That's like saying Vince Carter can do a 360 Windmill so every black person can.
What they did was the same as what Ozai did. They use fire to propel themselves in a direction, and have to shoot fire down to go up, up to go down, left to get right, etc. And they all have to land eventually. It doesn't allow them to indefinitely hang in the air, that would be levitating. Only diff with Ozai was that he jumped from rock to rock while using it, and also used it more masterfully as he was shooting fire in all directions to control his movement. He kept himself in the air by shooting fire downwards. In terms of Azula she uses the ability later during the Boiling Rock episode, flying through the air towards Zuko and co. 

Not really in terms of the analogy, as there's nothing really amazing Iroh's done except use lightning, which by Korra's time isn't so amazing anymore. I'd say he's fairly average besides being the grandson of Zuko. Azula's a prodigy, but he's not.

Still would.

What they did was the same as what Ozai did. They use fire to propel themselves in a direction, and have to shoot fire down to go up, up to go down, left to get right, etc. And they all have to land eventually. It doesn't allow them to indefinitely hang in the air, that would be levitating. Only diff with Ozai was that he jumped from rock to rock while using it, and also used it more masterfully as he was shooting fire in all directions to control his movement. He kept himself in the air by shooting fire downwards. In terms of Azula she uses the ability later during the Boiling Rock episode, flying through the air towards Zuko and co. 

Not really in terms of the analogy, as there's nothing really amazing Iroh's done except use lightning, which by Korra's time isn't so amazing anymore. I'd say he's fairly average besides being the grandson of Zuko. Azula's a prodigy, but he's not.
Ozai did far more than just jump from rock to rock
laugh.gif
Did you see him running from super aang? Azula was hanging from a wire during the boiling rock ep and Iroh is a well respected General who, being from the royal family, no doubt learned from the best masters. It's beyond safe to assume that he's well above average. My analogy works fine. Firebenders can't fly and even if some of them could it's an advanced technique for them, whereas airbenders all learn it as children.

When you think about it air benders can't fly. I've never seen those air balls used as anything more than ground transportation. They can jump higher sure, but thats it. Flying is reserved for the Bisons.

laugh.gif
Did you see him running from super aang? Azula was hanging from a wire during the boiling rock ep and Iroh is a well respected General who, being from the royal family, no doubt learned from the best masters. It's beyond safe to assume that he's well above average. My analogy works fine. Firebenders can't fly and even if some of them could it's an advanced technique for them, whereas airbenders all learn it as children.
I acknowledged that, but he did land on separate rocks at various times. And i'm talking about two diff occasions with Azula. Blood doesn't matter in terms of bending ability, and not even teachers matter as long as the person's a master. No master's been shown to be above another. He's a well respected General? So was Zhao, who was defeated by Zuko, who was hardly an expert.
roll.gif
 I never said they could fly. I said all benders can move through the air, which they can. They just can't stay in the air forever, which even airbenders can't do. Can an AIRbender move through the AIR more easily? Yes, but it's not unique to just them.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
I acknowledged that, but he did land on separate rocks at various times. And i'm talking about two diff occasions with Azula. Blood doesn't matter in terms of bending ability, and not even teachers matter as long as the person's a master. No master's been shown to be above another. He's a well respected General? So was Zhao, who was defeated by Zuko, who was hardly an expert.
roll.gif
 I never said they could fly. I said all benders can move through the air, which they can. They just can't stay in the air forever, which even airbenders can't do. Can an AIRbender move through the AIR more easily? Yes, but it's not unique to just them.
This entire discussion only began cuz i said they couldn't and then you cited a bunch of instances where they move through the air. If you believed what I was saying then why argue with me?
laugh.gif

When you think about it air benders can't fly. I've never seen those air balls used as anything more than ground transportation. They can jump higher sure, but thats it. Flying is reserved for the Bisons.
They can with gliders. I don't even know why they're called gliders. They can do waaaaaay more than just glide with them
laugh.gif

Last edited:

This entire discussion only began cuz i said they couldn't and then you cited a bunch of instances where they move through the air. If you believed what I was saying then why argue with me?
laugh.gif

They can with gliders. I don't even know why they're called gliders. They can do waaaaaay more than just glide with them
laugh.gif

First thing I posted:

Every bending ability can allow the user to move in the air.

roll.gif

Again flying was never mentioned from the start.

Last edited:
^ yeah, but they have airplanes and mechas now. Why would you want a glider? Even in Aang's time they had those hot air balloons. Fire bender could have whip up something like that himself.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

First thing I posted:

Every bending ability can allow the user to move in the air.

roll.gif

Again flying was never mentioned from the start.
Here's how it went. Silkboi said firebenders could fly. I responded to him saying they couldn't and the closest anyone came was ozai during the comet and then you quote me and say something about how iroh and azula have the ability. It's all right there for you to go back and look at.

Here's how it went. Silkboi said firebenders could fly. I responded to him saying they couldn't and the closest anyone came was ozai during the comet and then you quote me and say something about how iroh and azula have the ability. It's all right there for you to go back and look at.
I didn't quote you at all in my first comment. I all said was a comment about all benders being able to move through the air, and how the ability to move through the air isn't unique to airbenders. I then quoted you when when you said Ozai was the one who showed the ability, and said both Azula and Iroh also showed said ability. As you say, it's all right there for you to go back and look at.

I didn't quote you at all in my first comment. I all said was a comment about all benders being able to move through the air, and how the ability to move through the air isn't unique to airbenders. I then quoted you when when you said Ozai was the one who showed the ability, and said both Azula and Iroh also showed said ability. As you say, it's all right there for you to go back and look at.
Ok here's what happened. I responded to silkboi but you commented before I hit submit and thought I was talking to you and then quoted me and said sumthin bout how iroh and azula showed the ability. Then I said they didn't fly and even though you claim to believe that, you argued with me anyways. As you said, I said, it's all right there for you to go back and look at.

Ok here's what happened. I responded to silkboi but you commented before I hit submit and thought I was talking to you and then quoted me and said sumthin bout how iroh and azula showed the ability. Then I said they didn't fly and even though you claim to believe that, you argued with me anyways. As you said, I said, it's all right there for you to go back and look at.
Dude, I never thought you were talking to me with my original post on all benders being able to move through the air 
roll.gif
I was just making the comment. When I quoted you, I was just making another comment specifically pointing out that Ozai wasn't the only Firebender who'd ever shown the ability to move through the air, with me only talking about the ability and how others had it, I never called it flying. At this point I again didn't think you were quoting me, I was just making an observation. I never once said they were flying, merely that they were moving through the air with the same abilities, with me specifically pointing out that among Firebenders it wasn't unique to Ozai. That's what happened. You misunderstood me and thought I was saying they could fly when I wasn't. Again, it's all there. 

Last edited:
*****. You posted your original comment. Then I commented responding to silkboi saying korra didn't fly but ozai did during the comet. Then you quoted my response and said iroh and azula had the ability and it wasn't limited to the comet. I was, very clearly, specifically talking about flying and then you respond saying those two had the ability. Then I cited instances where they moved through the air but said it wasn't flying and then you responded again and clearly said azula flew in the boiling rock episode. You countered my argument that they couldn't fly. If you didn't believe they could fly then why do that? Why not point out that you weren't talking about flying, even though I was, so it made no sense for you to say anything in the first place, but that you were talking about simply moving around with the aid of fire?

Back
Top Bottom