*UPDATE 6/27/15*.......Legend of Korra OFFICIAL THREAD..........MIGHT BE GETTING A NEW AIRBENDER SER

ANYWAYS...i didn't know about this thread until it was too late but for those who didnt know the nov 15 episodes and the season finale were available over the weekend on nickelodeon website as part of a bet that if a certain tumblr post got 1mill plus reblogs they would put the episodes out early.

Lemme see if the link still viable.

they are

http://www.nick.com/videos/playlist/legend-of-korra-123-124-playlist.html?xid=LOKFB

http://www.nick.com/videos/playlist/legend-of-korra-book-2-125-126-playlist.html?xid=LOKFB

Last edited:

*****. You posted your original comment. Then I commented responding to silkboi saying korra didn't fly but ozai did during the comet. Then you quoted my response and said iroh and azula had the ability and it wasn't limited to the comet. I was, very clearly, specifically talking about flying and then you respond saying those two had the ability. Then I cited instances where they moved through the air but said it wasn't flying and then you responded again and clearly said azula flew in the boiling rock episode. You countered my argument that they couldn't fly. If you didn't believe they could fly then why do that? Why not point out that you weren't talking about flying, even though I was, so it made no sense for you to say anything in the first place, but that you were talking about simply moving around with the aid of fire?
I said they had the same ability as Ozai, propelling themselves through the air with fire. I again never called it flying, simply pointed out that all 3 (Ozai,  Azula, and Iroh) were doing the exact same thing. The conversation then turned towards the differences between the 3, and the possible effect of the Comet, and I brought in examples of all 3 doing the same thing. Once again, it's all there in my old posts where I describe what every single one of them are doing.

"What they did was the same as what Ozai did. They use fire to propel themselves in a direction, and have to shoot fire down to go up, up to go down, left to get right, etc. And they all have to land eventually. It doesn't allow them to indefinitely hang in the air, that would be levitating."

I think it was clear what I was talking about, which was Azula and Iroh being capable of doing the same exact thing Ozai did. You're the one who was stuck on calling it flying, though you then said firebenders can't fly anyways, which is when I then said I never said they could fly. You're the only one who ever said they could fly. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I think your arguments getting confused because people use "fly" too loosely.

Airbenders theoretically can fly by manipulating the air around them.

Fire benders can theoretically fly but they more so propel themselves in one direction or another in quick bursts.

Earh benders make earth levitate and ride it.  Not exactly flying.

Water benders at best surf/skate on water that is high up or make that giant tornado thing. None of which constitutes flying.

Fire benders can theoretically fly but they more so propel themselves in one direction or another in quick bursts.

Water benders at best surf/skate on water that is high up or make that giant tornado thing. None of which constitutes flying.
This is no longer about who can fly. It's about who started this stupid argument when apparently we both believe the same thing.

I was thinking the same, or that you could describe what both Air and Firebenders do as a form of flight.
The hell is the argument lol
Seems to be done now so it doesn't matter. 
laugh.gif

[COLOR=#red]1. I just finished season finale... will post my thoughts tomorrow. Initial thoughts are I really enjoyed it with some questions though.

2. Fire Bending for sure![/COLOR]

If I didn't ask which powers ya'll would choose, this wouldn't have happened...I feel like Avatar Wan when he saw his boys burning up some spirits...this isn't what I intended...having said that...

GENERAL IROH FLIES!!!

Haters gon' deny flight.

Last edited:
If we're talking about versatilty then the answer is fire bending. I would choose it anyways. You dont even need your hands to firebend, you can firebend out of your mouth. Sure you can airbend like that also, but it doesnt seem nearly as powerful as firebending.

If we're talking about versatilty then the answer is fire bending. I would choose it anyways. You dont even need your hands to firebend, you can firebend out of your mouth. Sure you can airbend like that also, but it doesnt seem nearly as powerful as firebending.
You kidding me.

You can actually build **** with earth and water bending...

what can u do with fire besides cook and destroy

You kidding me.

You can actually build **** with earth and water bending...

what can u do with fire besides cook and destroy
Destroy is the key word here. I'm basing it around what kind of power I would weild with said bending. It seems like the most powerful bending style so I would have to pick it.

The ending was also meh to me, didnt like the way they severed all ties with the past avatars.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]1. I just finished season finale... will post my thoughts tomorrow. Initial thoughts are I really enjoyed it with some questions though.

2. Fire Bending for sure![/COLOR]
i thought it was EXTREMELY underwhelming :smh:

[COLOR=#red]Really??

My "Issues":
- Unalaq's death was eh... should have been a little more to it I think.
- Nothing happened with Varrick really, I've enjoyed him this season.
- How, all of a sudden, does Korra figure Wan made a huge mistake and she knows everything and wants to keep it open? Just a weird part, with no explanation on WHY she feels that way. And at no point did she connect to Wan to ask him about this situation and why like Aang used to do. (My biggest and only real peeve)
- Having all the avatars from the past being lost, where does that leave her?
- Finally the explanation for Jinora's spiritual thing she did. She gave Vaatu a heart and that defeated him how?

To me Opening the spirit world brings on more problems rather than less, such as in the Fog of Lost Souls... just seems like it wasn't thought out enough.

With all that said I believe these are all open doors for Book 3, IF nickelodeon pulls their heads out of their *** and get behind this a lot more.

But I did enjoy it, I thought for the most part the last 5 or 6 episodes really tied together well and leaves a lot to be answered for book 3. Especially her past avatar connections. Should be fun.

SIDE BAR:
Anyone have Book 3 of The Search to read online by chance?[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^The part with Jinora was explained earlier to me in the thread because that confused me too. In the very first episode she gets a part of Raava.

^^^The part with Jinora was explained earlier to me in the thread because that confused me too. In the very first episode she gets a part of Raava.
[COLOR=#red]
No I know that part, I was talking about the whole giving a heart then some how it killed Vaatu thing. Like, what in the blue hell did she do, what was that light orb thing etc... just wasn't explained. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]
No I know that part, I was talking about the whole giving a heart then some how it killed Vaatu thing. Like, what in the blue hell did she do, what was that light orb thing etc... just wasn't explained. [/COLOR]

I feel it that part still confuses me along with everything else you mentioned. I really believe none of these are gonna get answers in the third season bro :\

They pretty much have to, especially as they made it very clear neither Vaatu or Rava can ever be destroyed, yet the season ends with Vaatu not sealed and the Spirit World open to all.

3 words for y'all. Deus ex Machina. They're never gonna explain what Jinora did.

If they do it'll be painfully obvious to anyone over the age of 10 that they're ************ us.

And the decision to leave the spirit portals open is the dumbest thing Korra has done so far.

Wan closed them for a clear reason. He has far more experience with spirits than she does.

She always just does **** without thinking about it and then when things go wrong everyone helps clean up her mess.

Only thing I like about this series so far is Wan's story and Varrick. They should've just retired happily or done a series on Wan or continue with the OG team avatar.

so why did Wan close the portal? to weaken Vaatus strength during the harmonic convergence?
and I liked the finale, getting Raava ripped out of Korra and each avatar beaten out of her was not underwhelming at all.
I thought Jinora simply reunited the piece of Raava she had with Vaatu(have to watch again)

Reactions: God

3 words for y'all. Deus ex Machina. They're never gonna explain what Jinora did.

If they do it'll be painfully obvious to anyone over the age of 10 that they're ************ us.

And the decision to leave the spirit portals open is the dumbest thing Korra has done so far.

Wan closed them for a clear reason. He has far more experience with spirits than she does.

She always just does **** without thinking about it and then when things go wrong everyone helps clean up her mess.

Only thing I like about this series so far is Wan's story and Varrick. They should've just retired happily or done a series on Wan or continue with the OG team avatar.
Yea Korra aggravates me too.  I know she's a teen but damn her mistakes are atrocious. 

The Legend of Korra: Book Three Title Revealed
Co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino talks about the upcoming season.

Not one week after The Legend of Korra: Book Two finale was released online, co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino revealed that Book Three will be titled -- drumroll, please -- Change. (Warning: Book Two finale SPOILERS to follow...)

IGN's The Legend of Korra: Book Two Finale Review

"The title of Book Three is going to be called Change," DiMartino confirmed to WSJ's Speakeasy in an interview this morning. "It's all about Korra dealing with the change of the world in this point in time. At the end of Book Two she says it's a new era. And it really is and we're going to show how Harmonic Convergence and her battle with Unalaq and Vaatu kind of shifted the world a bit."

While a premiere date for Change has yet to be announced, DiMartino added, "We're already working on the first few episodes of post-production for Book Three. So that's all going very well."

If you hadn't already heard, Korra's two-part finale for Book Two was released a week early and is now available to watch at Nick.com. Nickelodeon will also be airing the finale at Korra's regularly scheduled time on Friday, November 22 at 8/7c.

Keep it locked here on IGN for a full review of Book Two coming Monday.

The Legend of Korra: Book Three Title Revealed
Co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino talks about the upcoming season.

Not one week after The Legend of Korra: Book Two finale was released online, co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino revealed that Book Three will be titled -- drumroll, please -- Change. (Warning: Book Two finale SPOILERS to follow...)

IGN's The Legend of Korra: Book Two Finale Review

"The title of Book Three is going to be called Change," DiMartino confirmed to WSJ's Speakeasy in an interview this morning. "It's all about Korra dealing with the change of the world in this point in time. At the end of Book Two she says it's a new era. And it really is and we're going to show how Harmonic Convergence and her battle with Unalaq and Vaatu kind of shifted the world a bit."

While a premiere date for Change has yet to be announced, DiMartino added, "We're already working on the first few episodes of post-production for Book Three. So that's all going very well."

If you hadn't already heard, Korra's two-part finale for Book Two was released a week early and is now available to watch at Nick.com. Nickelodeon will also be airing the finale at Korra's regularly scheduled time on Friday, November 22 at 8/7c.

Keep it locked here on IGN for a full review of Book Two coming Monday.
Great now Korra is gonna force everyone to enroll in the new Avacare Spirit Health Insurance, so that they can maintain cheerful spirits to keep the evil ones at bay.
#Hope&Change

New forms of bending please.

They siad they were dozens of Lion Turtles and they've already shown that three of the four existing bending styles can evolve (lighting, blood, and metal)

Leaving the spirit portals open just makes it easy for people to go there and find the Lion Turtles (the one that taught Aang to take peoples bending away was still alive after all this time so I'm guessing others are) and get new powers.

DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Actually, the Lion Turtle that taught Aang energy bending was the last of it's kind.

Apparently they were hunted and killed ages ago.

Back
Top Bottom