*Update* Can Irv Gotti save Def Jam? Vol. passion buckets are full!, Vol 2. Joie Manda...who???

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

@Encore will we at LEAST see TM103 from jeezy by the end of the year and if u have heard it is it on some classic @@%#??
Haven't heard anything besides what's on the web .... And I hope so
tired.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

ATCQ and Clipse too.

Dudes job interview was taking his boss to the hottest clubs and showing him whats up....I mean historically Def Jams always done good when a whit e guy who knows the culture was running it anyway...at the expense of making this a race issue.

Dude, shut up

thread is fantastic

let me get something off my chest concerning IllPhillip.

Now....in my younger yrs on NT (been here since I was 14ish...23 now...do the math)....I felt dude was very condescending and rude...and used to +#@@ on us young and not so knowledgable about this business dudes........

now once I decided I wanted to be a part of the industry myself (always loved hip hop/got a late start etc)...I got an internship...and got my eyes opened to a lot of +#@@. I totally see why he comes off how he does...I respect it...a lot of knowledge in there....some of the words are fiery cause there sure is a lot of %%%%+%*$ behind the scenes...(I totally understand not wanting to read *$#+%!+ and misinformed BS)..and people who definitely dont care as much as you do. Much respect Phillip.

and shout out to K aka BlackMagnus too but we'll save that story for when I make it.

"Def Jam, tells you who I am..." - Chuck D

When that line actually meant something.

We need more ppl like Irv in those offices. Too bad Hip Hop is at a point where profit > passion. Whats even sadder is fans with that mindset.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

jive second best? damn so we're gonna pretend loud records didn't exist? 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
"Second to none" is an expression. It doesn't really mean LITERALLY second best.

You going to look at those names I put up and act like Loud hands down had a better roster?

Why? Because you love 90's rap? Which label had a better roster is debateable. #+*+, you could throw Tommy Boy in the mix and there would be no right answer.

But none of that was the point.

Yo Robby, I appreciate the kind words. Again, I know my personality is abrasive. When I fight, I fight to win.

And yes, a lot of it has to do with people thinking they know so much when they have no LEGIT experience.

Like, I try not to talk about things I don't know much about. So when I see people make what I believe are outlandish statements with such confidence and arrogance, and just spreading foolishness, my reactions will be strong.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by ninjahood

jive second best? damn so we're gonna pretend loud records didn't exist? 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
"Second to none" is an expression. It doesn't really mean LITERALLY second best.

You going to look at those names I put up and act like Loud hands down had a better roster?

Why? Because you love 90's rap? Which label had a better roster is debateable. #+*+, you could throw Tommy Boy in the mix and there would be no right answer.

But none of that was the point.

Yo Robby, I appreciate the kind words. Again, I know my personality is abrasive. When I fight, I fight to win.

And yes, a lot of it has to do with people thinking they know so much when they have no LEGIT experience.

Like, I try not to talk about things I don't know much about. So when I see people make what I believe are outlandish statements with such confidence and arrogance, and just spreading foolishness, my reactions will be strong.

I understand. I really do.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

We need more ppl like Irv in those offices. Too bad Hip Hop is at a point where profit > passion. Whats even sadder is fans with that mindset.

30t6p3b.gif
   Word

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

30t6p3b.gif
   Word

QFT!

Update:

The new president of Def Jam- Joie Manda

joie-1.jpg

[color= rgb(128, 128, 128)]“Running Def Jam is the greatest challenge of my career and I am appreciative to Barry Weiss for his faith in appointing me to this position. I’m excited to work alongside Steve Bartels, who is one of the most talented music execs in the business and who has played such an important role in building the IDJ team. The Def Jam artist roster has always been synonymous with the greatest in hip-hop, and I intend to carry that tradition into the future.[/color]

Irv wasn't gonna get that gig. Guys like Irv and Dame just won't get gigs like that at this point. They've kind of burned themselves politically.

Joie came from Warner Brothers. He was Head of Urban Music there. They've been on the come up lately. MMG is Warner. Warner signed Currency. Theophilus.

He started at Asylum I believe. Which is Gucci, Waka. Boosie.

He worked under Todd Moscowitz, President of Asylum (when it existed) and now WB, who used to work for Lyor and Russell.

Back
Top Bottom