UPDATE So my girl said she doesn't want to have sex anymore until we are married... Need Advice

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Alright NT I never make Girl related threads but as the title says my girl is going through what I believe is a transitional period in her life. We have been dating for a little over a year and she recently asked me if it would be ok if we no longer had sex because she feels it would help strengthen our relationship with God. She said she has always wanted to do this but never had the opportunity to because she knew it would possibly mean past men would no longer be interested.
From my perspective NT this is blows. This is one of those things I do feel should have been agreed upon at the beginning of a relationship. Honestly I know she has some good points but I can't lie I'm 23 (and we are already in a long distance) relationship. Taking sex away puts an unneeded strain on things imo.

What should I do?

Cliffs....

-I'm not smashing anymore apparently

- Been with Oh girl for a year

-long distance relationship so I really feel like taking this away is gonna hurt us more than help us

- YES I'm mad
So how come you suddenly don't apply? Does she not consider you a man?! Hmm.....

Alright NT I never make Girl related threads but as the title says my girl is going through what I believe is a transitional period in her life. We have been dating for a little over a year and she recently asked me if it would be ok if we no longer had sex because she feels it would help strengthen our relationship with God. She said she has always wanted to do this but never had the opportunity to because she knew it would possibly mean past men would no longer be interested.
From my perspective NT this is blows. This is one of those things I do feel should have been agreed upon at the beginning of a relationship. Honestly I know she has some good points but I can't lie I'm 23 (and we are already in a long distance) relationship. Taking sex away puts an unneeded strain on things imo.

What should I do?

Cliffs....

-long distance relationship so I really feel like taking this away is gonna hurt us more than help us

- YES I'm mad
So how come you suddenly don't apply? Does she not consider you a man?! Hmm.....

What should I do?

Cliffs....

- YES I'm mad

What should I do?

Cliffs....

- YES I'm mad

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

There's some faithful girls out there you know, not every chick is doing their man dirt
laugh.gif

this.  but this is NT so every girl is a cheater
laugh.gif

i've actually had a very similar situation with one of my exes.  ever since the beginning of the relationship she wanted to stop having sex because she wanted to be a better christian.  went out for a year and a half... had plenty of sex.  we both left for college and did fine until we came home for summer.  thats when we decided to end it (for that same christianity reason).  i was pretty mad about it but we were on speaking-terms again within like 4 months.  a while after that she got with a new BF and they broke up.  when i asked her why it was because she wouldnt have sex with him.  anyways.... flash forward about 3 years to today and now shes engaged to some equally religious guy. 

my advice op?  if you arent as religious as her, its better to just end it.  the whole religion debate is gunna start a ridiculous amount of arguments between the two of you, trust me.

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

There's some faithful girls out there you know, not every chick is doing their man dirt
laugh.gif

this.  but this is NT so every girl is a cheater
laugh.gif

i've actually had a very similar situation with one of my exes.  ever since the beginning of the relationship she wanted to stop having sex because she wanted to be a better christian.  went out for a year and a half... had plenty of sex.  we both left for college and did fine until we came home for summer.  thats when we decided to end it (for that same christianity reason).  i was pretty mad about it but we were on speaking-terms again within like 4 months.  a while after that she got with a new BF and they broke up.  when i asked her why it was because she wouldnt have sex with him.  anyways.... flash forward about 3 years to today and now shes engaged to some equally religious guy. 

my advice op?  if you arent as religious as her, its better to just end it.  the whole religion debate is gunna start a ridiculous amount of arguments between the two of you, trust me.

She's smashing other dudes! Seriously! Easiest way to break up long distance relationships!

She's smashing other dudes! Seriously! Easiest way to break up long distance relationships!

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Honestly it could be a test. A year isnt that long...however if you guys really see a future together and if you really want to be with her, you should consider it. Sex isnt a necessity more of an extremely desired want. If you can't handle it tell her this. Be honest and talk to her about your feelings.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]or she could be cheating...let's hope not though.[/color]
THIS...dont listen to these dude who are saying to call it quits and move on
indifferent.gif

Honestly it could be a test. A year isnt that long...however if you guys really see a future together and if you really want to be with her, you should consider it. Sex isnt a necessity more of an extremely desired want. If you can't handle it tell her this. Be honest and talk to her about your feelings.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by wanksta23

indifferent.gif

I'd agree with this if the relationship wasn't long distance.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

indifferent.gif

I'd agree with this if the relationship wasn't long distance.

Bro, if she wants to come now and change up the script on you, just tell her you respect her choice, but religiously you are not on the sane level as she is and as a man you need sex, so now she would have to understand if you occasionally sleep around with other women to fill that void, if she can deal with that, then you should be able to deal with the fact that your GF of over a year no longer wants to be intimate.

Bro, if she wants to come now and change up the script on you, just tell her you respect her choice, but religiously you are not on the sane level as she is and as a man you need sex, so now she would have to understand if you occasionally sleep around with other women to fill that void, if she can deal with that, then you should be able to deal with the fact that your GF of over a year no longer wants to be intimate.

Back
Top Bottom