UPDATE So my girl said she doesn't want to have sex anymore until we are married... Need Advice

This is the thing.. Ususally I dont agree w/the cats who are saying she's getting piped.. But. lets look at the details..

She's been away, I would assume at school? The semester is almost out, and memorial day is coming up.. But she chooses now to bring this up? Why? Wouldnt she be extremely excited to makeup for lost time.. even if that wasnt exhibited sexually? Why is her mind even on sex beign so far away, and with all the time spend apart? Wouldnt she prefer to bring this up face to face, eye to eye, if it was something that she felt with conviction about?

I would assume that once she told you about her position on sex, that you eventually agreed to such terms? Then she immediatley retorted with "but then you may cheat on me"? Shes not showing faith in you, or the relationship.. red flag.. and a tell-tell sign that her mind is elsewhere.

Can I assume this was brought up via a textual format as well? Text, FB et al.?

Something I also pickedup.. You said that you broached the idea of living together post college, while she rebuffed the idea? Feels like you are more invested than she.

Dont overthink this.. Acquire refunds on as much of your memorial day plans as you can.. pickup some new cole haans, and some 'lo.. and start interviewing potential free agents.

This is the thing.. Ususally I dont agree w/the cats who are saying she's getting piped.. But. lets look at the details..

She's been away, I would assume at school? The semester is almost out, and memorial day is coming up.. But she chooses now to bring this up? Why? Wouldnt she be extremely excited to makeup for lost time.. even if that wasnt exhibited sexually? Why is her mind even on sex beign so far away, and with all the time spend apart? Wouldnt she prefer to bring this up face to face, eye to eye, if it was something that she felt with conviction about?

I would assume that once she told you about her position on sex, that you eventually agreed to such terms? Then she immediatley retorted with "but then you may cheat on me"? Shes not showing faith in you, or the relationship.. red flag.. and a tell-tell sign that her mind is elsewhere.

Can I assume this was brought up via a textual format as well? Text, FB et al.?

Something I also pickedup.. You said that you broached the idea of living together post college, while she rebuffed the idea? Feels like you are more invested than she.

Dont overthink this.. Acquire refunds on as much of your memorial day plans as you can.. pickup some new cole haans, and some 'lo.. and start interviewing potential free agents.

I don't usual offer up advice on NT but since you're my boy I felt inclined to give my .02...

Just talk to her Prince. It seems as if you're reluctant to agree to what she's asking but that you haven't fully dismissed it. This is something that has to be decided upon mutually in order to avoid resentment from either party. Lay out how you feel about her proposal and any misgivings you may have about this arrangement going forward. If the sexual aspect of your relationship is that important, tell her that. If she respects you, she'll have to respect that. Same goes for you and her religious beliefs. If the respect is mutual, you two should be able to come to some sort of compromise that will work for the both of you. If not, then like others have said just cut bait now because it will probably just blow up in your face down the road.

That's my advice, but as far as my opinion... It's kind of shady on her part. Seems like she set the old "P-trap" on you. Gave up the goods to get you hooked then took them away once you got comfortable. Her decision wasn't based off some type of spiritual awakening, this feels like a calculated attempt to: A. Get you to commit to marriage, or B. A power play on her part to see how much control she has in the relationship. Either way, it's foul.

Like other's have said though, it's your life and in the end you'll do whatever you want to anyway... Just be sure to let us know how it all plays out...

I don't usual offer up advice on NT but since you're my boy I felt inclined to give my .02...

Just talk to her Prince. It seems as if you're reluctant to agree to what she's asking but that you haven't fully dismissed it. This is something that has to be decided upon mutually in order to avoid resentment from either party. Lay out how you feel about her proposal and any misgivings you may have about this arrangement going forward. If the sexual aspect of your relationship is that important, tell her that. If she respects you, she'll have to respect that. Same goes for you and her religious beliefs. If the respect is mutual, you two should be able to come to some sort of compromise that will work for the both of you. If not, then like others have said just cut bait now because it will probably just blow up in your face down the road.

That's my advice, but as far as my opinion... It's kind of shady on her part. Seems like she set the old "P-trap" on you. Gave up the goods to get you hooked then took them away once you got comfortable. Her decision wasn't based off some type of spiritual awakening, this feels like a calculated attempt to: A. Get you to commit to marriage, or B. A power play on her part to see how much control she has in the relationship. Either way, it's foul.

Like other's have said though, it's your life and in the end you'll do whatever you want to anyway... Just be sure to let us know how it all plays out...

Maybe she has an STD and she doesn't want to give it to you until she is healed? Seriously. It could be a possibility that she got something from someone and she would feel HORRIBLE for giving it to you. But she doesn't want to lose you.

Man you need to give us an update

Maybe she has an STD and she doesn't want to give it to you until she is healed? Seriously. It could be a possibility that she got something from someone and she would feel HORRIBLE for giving it to you. But she doesn't want to lose you.

Man you need to give us an update

^ if true...shes either cheating or got it from him which she needs to make him aware of. either way op needs to find out the real reason..if there is one. she could actually just be wanting to focus on her relationship with god.

my friend asked her fiance the same thing. i know for a fact she wasnt cheating. they were getting married though. they gave up sex for 6 months which was until they got married.

^ if true...shes either cheating or got it from him which she needs to make him aware of. either way op needs to find out the real reason..if there is one. she could actually just be wanting to focus on her relationship with god.

my friend asked her fiance the same thing. i know for a fact she wasnt cheating. they were getting married though. they gave up sex for 6 months which was until they got married.

^^FOR A FACT?!? women do lie to other women ya know.. I watch it happen all the time..

^^FOR A FACT?!? women do lie to other women ya know.. I watch it happen all the time..

OP whats the update ?
nerd.gif

Either Give Her A Ring Or Get Out Of There... What Is Her Purpose Anyways.? If You've Already Smashed Before Marriage Then Yall Have Already Sinned...

Either Give Her A Ring Or Get Out Of There... What Is Her Purpose Anyways.? If You've Already Smashed Before Marriage Then Yall Have Already Sinned...

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

What was her reasoning? To get closer to God? Unless they were doing a complete spiritual cleansing, why just give up sex. What else did they give up?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

What was her reasoning? To get closer to God? Unless they were doing a complete spiritual cleansing, why just give up sex. What else did they give up?

Back
Top Bottom