i can't even remember da last time i wore a pair of forces wit a nylon tongue
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

i'm just glad nostalgia and honest love won over greed, hype, and $$

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Real Talk, Still wish some canvas joints made it on thelist!

7paul7...

My beef is that you're throwin ' rocks when you live in a glass house...

You can say what you homie but you're not from here...like I said way before I was surprised that the uenos even won...but I don't belive it wasbecause of resale value or hype...but you might be right about the few who voted for them that know it's history...

Dudes here wasn't really even paying any attention to the one vote...there was no promotion for real here..except for some banners in mondawmin...

I just want you to understand that what you are saying goes both ways...

Prestige+Rarity=HYPE

Anybody with common sense knows that these retros will not have the same resalve value as the O.G.s

I said that dudes were gassed on these because of wdywtd...I heard no one ever talk about these..unless it was there..

I just think if they were only priced at $200 we would have a different winner
Not to sound like a hyped out person but, That is the whole point.

If I lived in one of the voting states I would vote for the hardest shoe to get that I liked because the others wouldbe slightly easier to obtain.

Harm...

I get what you are saying about the history of the shoe because if you throw the Uneo's in any mall in the 757 8 out of 100 people could call them by name.The other 92% would

jump on the shoe just because they haven't seen anything like it before. Bmore is pretty much the same from what I gather. A lot of people generally go forwhat is different b/c they

are on a mission of impressing people or "stunt'n". I wouldn't have voted for the uneo's but I wouldn't knock the whole state fordoing so. Nor would I have voted for the purp highs.

To each is really his own.

^Exactly, dudes in Baltimore voted for it because they've never seen anything like it. and it's an intriguing and different shoe.

Eddiebauer,DK thank you ....Thats what I've been tryin to say the whole time...

And real talk...it would be 3 out of 10,000 here...

Like I said only a handful of dudes here really know what's good with them...

Exactly, dudes in Baltimore voted for it because they've never seen anything like it. and it's an intriguing and different shoe.
laugh.gif
You make Baltimore sound like a third world country, Itake you have the internet in Baltimore? Yes, so if people have enough interest to vote for an AF1 I'm pretty sure they have searched the internet for apair too right? If that's the case unless you only started purchasing AF1's this year you would have seen Ueno's before.

My beef is that you're throwin ' rocks when you live in a glass house
Wrong, its the other way around you have proved that you know nothing about AF1's where as I know very much so I can throw rocks all day long.You can say I know nothing about Baltimore but its like the old saying ''you can tell a lot about the person by the shoes they wear'' the samecan be said by replacing ''wear'' with ''voted for'' and since a hyped shoe won that tells you somthing about the voters.

If I lived in one of the voting states I would vote for the hardest shoe to get that I liked because the others would be slightly easier to obtain.
Ueno's wasn't the hardest shoe to obtain they were the most hyped shoe of the 25.

I get what you are saying about the history of the shoe because if you throw the Uneo's in any mall in the 757 8 out of 100 people could call them by name. The other 92% would
Again you know this because you asked 100 people? No, your just guessing, as if you know what 100 people know and don't know, in future thinkbefore you type such BS.

Finlay though I'm not saying Baltimore is hypebeast central I'm just saying hype influenced a few select people that voted.

Exactly well done NY.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

eek.gif
pimp.gif
lol do realize the purple hi's got so many votes due to greed,hype and $$$$$ dont kid yourself

outta the shoes listed for NYC the biggest resell values were pretty much the purple hi's and stashes

i can tell you right now expect this re-release to resell for damn close to the OG price today for you non NYC'ers

NYC heads will get the chance to cop for cheaper of course but if they make it a hyperstrike release or sumthin get the camping gear ready

it would be hilarious if they make this a GR release though walk into a VIM cop for $90 bucks lol

Originally Posted by vamo

lol do realize the stashes got so many votes due to greed,hype and $$$$$ dont kid yourself

word
it would be hilarious if they make this a GR release though walk into a VIM cop for $90 bucks lol

*crosses fingers* I hope so, at least I cansecure a pair with little effort, but don't skimp on the quality Nike

Again you know this because you asked 100 people? No, your just guessing, as if you know what 100 people know and don't know, in future think before you type such BS
I see where the whole "smart dummy" thing comes into play with you. Lol. For some reason you are personalizing this. You*@@ume that everyone in the world knows what an Uneo is.

All I am saying is that I don't think it is that hard to believe that few people really knew about the shoe. I think they saw the shoe as unique vs. thepreviously released AF1's in that area.

"If you can't respect that... your whole perspective is wack. Maybe you would love it if the shoe would fade to..... Purple!"

"What more can I say?"
eyes.gif

"If you can't respect that... your whole perspective is wack. Maybe you would love it if the shoe would fade to..... Purple!"

"What more can I say?"
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
You idiot I already own Purple highs and Ueno's yes''Ueno's'' not ''Uneo's'' and don't say anymore because you have made yourself look stupid enough.

As for ''smart dummy'' its one of the worst insults I have ever heard it completely contradicts itself, to think you had time to sit there andthink and yet that's the best you could come up with
laugh.gif
just move onand stop trying to argue with me.

7paul7....

F*** it homie...I give up...

No headway is being made here...you just throwin insults homie....

Your whole argument makes no sense now homie ... and what I'm sayin' must be perplexing conumdrum for your brain to process into something you canunderstand..

Like I said your hook is weak man...And your jab has no sting...

You must be smokin that hard white..if you actually belive the nonsense you're sayin..

But I digress.....

Belive what you man....I'm done...for now

You idiot I already own Purple highs and Ueno's yes ''Ueno's'' not ''Uneo's'' and don't say anymore because you have made yourself look stupid enough
I don't really care what you own. My statment was that...

All I am saying is that I don't think it is that hard to believe that few people really knew about the shoe. I think they saw the shoe as unique vs. the previously released AF1's in that area

How is that a hard view to see. You really want this to be about you for reason. Lol. Get a blog homie. Im sure everyone in here knows you own both. I'malso sure that know one really cares.

"Some fools just love to perform"
laugh.gif

Your whole argument makes no sense now homie ... and what I'm sayin' must be perplexing conumdrum for your brain to process into something you can understand..

Its not even an arguement, I'm not even being serious just call it a difference in opinion, and I know what your view is, you think the mjority of votersin Baltimore haven't seen Ueno's before and therefore there was little hype in mind when people made there votes right? I just think in this day andage with the internet a majority of voters must have seen Ueno's before and people are naturally attracted to things with high prices and that high priceis because of hype. Both sides has its fair points so there is no need to continue the dicussion.

How is that a hard view to see. You really want this to be about you for reason. Lol. Get a blog homie. Im sure everyone in here knows you own both. I'm also sure that know one really cares.

It's not about me at all and obviously you didn't know I own both or you wouldnt have made a corny statement about fading Ueno's to purple so likeI said before move on and stop trying to argue with me, I'm sure Harmcityhustler can handle himself he doesn't need you as a body guard.

7 Paul I will end by saying this...

1. I'm not trying to argue with you. That is why is said to stop taking it personal. I was stating my opinion. I also stated that I saw the point that Harmwas trying to make. I guess
you felt back because I didn't have your back or however you took it.

2. I'm sure that Harm, a person who I have never met, doesn't need me as a bodygaurd.

3. If you, in your own words, say you see that man's opion then why would you attack me for seeing it also?

Originally Posted by harmcityhustler

Spacej23 I agree with what you are saying...

But the only reason I'm goin at dudes is only in defense..your statement shouldn't be just aimed at me..but whatever..

I just don't see how you can call guys out and say they're just as bad as Kamp.

As easy as them trying calling out Bmore & Philly for being hypebeast...I didn't start this..they did..Months ago

Like I said if you like the shoe...then cool..but don't knock other cities for what they choose and call the Hypebeast...Cuz NY NTer's and Lurkers ( i see ya'll
nerd.gif
) went crazy over two shoes...

As far as KK..yeah dude wasn't even out to make a whole bunch a dough if you listened to the interview..He just really, really, really wanted the shoe..sell a pair to recoup his money..I can dig that..And even if he was he was tryin' to come up I won't knock him.. Plenty of people do it all the time on here..

'to think that everyody voted for the Purp Hi's JUST because they really wanted it to come out..is ignorant in itself..Reseller are gonna swarm that shoe like flys on S***...thats all I was trying to state...

You gon' see the Ebay light up purple this summer...

My initial post wasn't directed at you or anyone my man.

I see why you're responding in defense and that's because you love your city andthere's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes though, you just have to learn to pick your battles. Who cares what someone thinks of your city? If you loveyour city and you know the real truth about it, then that's all that should matter. An eye for an eye will leave this whole world blind, so to me,it's not worth the retaliation.

I never once knocked your city for the Ueno's. That would make me a hypocrite because avery special someone is trying to help me out with a pair. I'm not going to blow him up, but I have tons of respect for him and it goes far past sneakersand the whole culture. Did the Ueno's win because of hype? Maybe, maybe not. All that matters to me is that I like them and not because they go for anarm and a leg. I despise that because it didn't give me a chance to get the originals.
I'm done talking about Kamp because he really isn't that serious, so I'll leave it at that.

To me, both the Purple Highs and the Stash's/Futura's are hyped to some degree. I personallythink that Purple Highs look better and that's why they're so hyped, but that's strictly an opinion. What's not an opinion is that theStash's/Futura's were a hyperstrike. On the other foot, the Purple Highs were not. It seems to me as if people spend a load of cash on theStash's/Futura's because of how limited they were for the most part. The Purple Highs demand so much money because they released such a long time agoand it's relatively difficult to find DS pairs. Sort of like original Air Jordan I's or what have you. They demand so much in price not because theshoe was hyped and seen in many WDYWT posts, but because it's so difficult to find in good condition.

I guess you felt back
?

Eddie, No worries its not personal at all I'm a peaceful person, but that doesn't mean I cant have a difference of opinion. Even if I did trade insultsdon't take offence, I'm English and over here insults are taken in a playful manner but I realise it doesn't appear that way on the net.

Lol... I meant to say felt bad.

It's all good Paul. No harm done. It's only the internet. Words and views are always being taken out of content and it's hard to catchsomeone's tone when they type. That's why I

don't really make this stuff personal. Even when you called me an idiot you smart dummy. Lol. Its all in fun

No thanks Kamp Kid but I know you want you want Stash/ Futura HS but you ain't getting them
laugh.gif
yet again you take another loss.

I agree with you 100% Eddie now that's a first lol.

Originally Posted by 7 Paul 7

No thanks Kamp Kid but I know you want you want Stash/ Futura HS but you ain't getting them
laugh.gif
yet again you take another loss.

I agree with you 100% Eddie now that's a first lol.

there are more and more reasons why i dont care about those shoes everyday

someone upload me a cookie

7 Paul 7 wrote:

I guess you felt back
?

Eddie, No worries its not personal at all I'm a peaceful person, but that doesn't mean I cant have a difference of opinion. Even if I did trade insults don't take offence, I'm English and over here insults are taken in a playful manner but I realise it doesn't appear that way on the net.

You're from ENGLAND!!!
eek.gif
......It all makes sense now
roll.gif
tongue.gif

7paul7 It's all good homie..No hard feelings dude..

Fish an and chips on me homeboy
smile.gif

Spacej23...

It all good man...but you're right I can't be goin' all in all the time (nh) as if I was at the WSOP
laugh.gif

7 Paul, the reason we (B-More heads) don't agree with the opinion "hype won the Ueno's" is due to many factors. The main one is that thepeople in the area that would have hyped it only step foot in the mall on a release date. The majority of those kids don't even live anywhere close andtheir parents don't bring'em into the city unless it is first thing in the morning. lol

Secondly, with B-More being first on the list, a lot of people weren't even fully aware that this was going on. Eyes of Hazel gave word, but based on thethread in our regional, the majority of us seemed to have forgotten.

So basically, hype could have potentially won them, but living in the area, we have a different opinion. Harm City, Sneakermane, et al (including myself) havebeen saying the same thing throughout this thread. The vote was a democracy. The people voted for what they wanted. I think the votes reflect it as well.

Back
Top Bottom