US Government Headed to Shutdown

lZ9o7Py.gif

Just flew atl international. They had one tsa boarding pass checker and two lines for security. TSA there was in great spirits coming and going. I thanked them for being there because I couldn’t imagine being in their shoes. The wait was still about 30 mins even with precheck.

because da bigger win would be doing it "bipartisan".

i don't see da break in da stalemate until Trump uses da emergency card.
There is no bipartisan win or loss, this debacle falls solely on Trump. Another few weeks of this and we start having irreparable damage.

ATL ...but security is always a mess in that airport anyway

I went through there last September, the TSA lady was trying to make jokes/small talk, but all I wanted to do was get through so I could smoke, next thing you know, I had to empty both of my bags and my book bag because I “randomly” was selected for check.

My experiences with TSA have ranged from good to awful based on the city. Never experienced or saw anything rude here in the Bay, but I've seen TSA in LA and NYC treat people like garbage . ESPECIALLY at JFK; it's like they take pride in yelling at and humiliating passengers by treating them like prisoners, even foreigners who ask them for help. That airport is a 4th world experience outside of the JetBlue terminal

Yeah there's no bipartisan to this, the 3 branches of gov't had a republican majority for 2 years yet Trump chose to fabricate a fight right the moment there wasn't, sacrificing people's livelihoods. This is still all surreal.

da full story is what i already said...Trump had da DACA wall deal and da immigration restrictionist wing of GOPer got greedy.

Yeah there's no bipartisan to this, the 3 branches of gov't had a republican majority for 2 years yet Trump chose to fabricate a fight right the moment there wasn't, sacrificing people's livelihoods. This is still all surreal.
Trump out of his own mouth said HE is the one who shut down the government.that it’s what HE wants to do. I’m sure mental gymnastics will try to swing that to “what he really meant is......” type debates but there’s nothing more to discuss

The longer this absurd standoff lasts, and the more discomfort and inconvenience it inflicts, the more petty Trump, Pelosi and the others appear. They aren’t fighting over a principle, they are hoping to force the other side to flinch. Trump wants money for a wall on the southern border; Pelosi and other Democratsrefuse. Both Republicans and Democrats do want to strengthen border protections. But they won’t compromise on their talking points, at the cost of a fully functioning government

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...i-government-senate-house-20190122-story.html

The longer this absurd standoff lasts, and the more discomfort and inconvenience it inflicts, the more petty Trump, Pelosi and the others appear. They aren’t fighting over a principle, they are hoping to force the other side to flinch. Trump wants money for a wall on the southern border; Pelosi and other Democratsrefuse. Both Republicans and Democrats do want to strengthen border protections. But they won’t compromise on their talking points, at the cost of a fully functioning government

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...i-government-senate-house-20190122-story.html
They already sent two bipartisan bills to Trump, bills he said he would sign before the midterms, once he lost the house and once they were on his desk he rescinded. The SCOTUS just said any decision on DACA will be a SCOTUS decision. So Trump just lost the bargaining chip. This is exactly where Pelosi wants it, with the high court. This just shows how out of his league Trump really is, he has no strategic plan

Last edited:
The Democrats are not petty for not budging on Trumps beaded curtain :lol:

Thought it was pretty obvious trump has been playing checkers while his opponents have been playing chess. He has no type of "long game" plan in his sleeves. 4 more years? yeah right!!
DcoqHYCVQAA-gk_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom