US Government Headed to Shutdown

ya rather let cats not get paid than let Trump have 5 bill from a trillion plus budget....its petty, it is what it is :lol: just own it.

I'm actively helping people who are feeling the effects, I have nothing to do with their pay. That's on them gumps in DC :lol:

Let us remember that a spending bill was passed in the Senate that would have avoided all this, a bill both parties seemed fine with. Trump refused to sign it because immigration hardliners started to shade him and he wanted to look tough.

Also, remember:

-5.7 billion can't build a wall. It is nowhere close to the money required

-Trump promised Mexico was going to pay for it. His *** did this repeatedly

It is not petty to demand this clown not hold people hostage just to get money so he can look good to his xenophobic supporters. So people indulge him this time, what happens when he asks for 5 billion more in September or next Spring? What happens when he asks for more ****** up **** or else? The GOP routinely shouts down things that cost less than 5.7 billion, that actually helps people, because they deem it wasteful spending.

The votes are there to stop this, by voting for a bill they already agreed to a month ago. The GOP needs to grow a spine and check this deranged bigot in the White House.

And of course, let us remember that on camera Trump said the shutdown was on him.

Last edited:
Surprised there aren't companies offering to hire govt employee on the spot. If they work for the gove, more than likely their background is clean. That would be wild if it happened.

Im just wondering how long could this realistically last, neither side appears to be backing down.

It's affecting my job slightly. We assist with helping people start llc's and corporations. People are PISSED because we can't get their ein, which is needed to open bank accounts.

Same.

There’s bs on both sides, but people will follow their party to the death and not acknowledge the bs. They’ll just look at the opposite party and bring up their deficienceis

It’s wild man, it’s like a cult these days.

I saw some dudes get into it at work over some political crap. White dude and a Mexican dude, they had been friends for 20 years. Now they hate each other over nothing more than politics.

Only reason I mention their ethnicities is becasue it’s clear their respective cult’s brain washing is working and their whole falling out was over some maga/wall/racism crap.

So two people were friends now can’t stand each other becasue of politics. That’s exactly what the politicians and media want.

So two people were friends now can’t stand each other becasue of politics.
I don't agree when people think that politics is something trivial that should be sidestepped in favor of personal relationships.

Political discussion is requirement if we are to govern ourselves. If we get to choose who should have the power to legislate, the discussion about which values we want to turn into laws and which compromises we are willing to make has to happen. "Political BS" actually lets you know what the people around you value, and you should want to know what those values are because in civil war (or any kind of internal social unrest), your enemy could be your neighbor or your drinking buddy or the guy you thought was your best friend for 20 years.

Say oth sides are the same, and/or it’s just politics just tells me you don’t know what you’re talking about or are a die hard rep that wants to half way play it off due to shame.

What dont understand is, for Republicans to be riding with Trump so hard, why arent they telling him the game. They are out here letting Trump walk into walls.

I believe they are, or are trying, but you know Trump "knows more" than anybody else so he most likely overtalking and screaming

or you could just give him his stupid wall money & end da shutdown.

Or he could approve the previous bipartisan agreements that he declined.

I love how all the answers revolve around Dems "caving" instead of Trump. Two parties both with their hills dug in on their points and you seem to only see one side needing to give in

those of yall who are saying "oh boohoohoo at fed workers not getting money they shuda been walked out" ... the veterans are also not getting paid. meaning, them old mf's that are suffering from PTSD & shhhh probly gonna kill themselves if this extends for another month.

Christ on a ******* cracker—can we stop with this “both sides” nonsense already?

Anytime I see someone say those words, the side eye is automatic, and I assume you’re either white, an idiot or possibly both. When it pertains to this specific situation, THERE IS NO BOTH SIDES. Stop perpetuating this myth.

People not getting paid for their work falls squarely on the backs of Trump and the Republican Party. If you truly place blame on the Democrats, see the above list for what you probably are. And this isn’t even about taking a side—this is about the pure FACTS of the situation. So miss me with that tribalism, choosing a side, all politicians do xyz BS.

those of yall who are saying "oh boohoohoo at fed workers not getting money they shuda been walked out" ... the veterans are also not getting paid. meaning, them old mf's that are suffering from PTSD & shhhh probly gonna kill themselves if this extends for another month.
I mean we’re talking either hundred thousand people get new jobs or ONE idiot changes his mind on an idiotic plan...... now I’m no master of math but......

I mean we’re talking either hundred thousand people get new jobs or ONE idiot changes his mind on an idiotic plan...... now I’m no master of math but......

this what happens when u chimp *** americans repeatedly have old *** senile candidates face-off against each other. this mf like 80 yrs old duh he's demented by now. yall the ones to blame, even if yall didnt vote for him, yall still to blame. smh @ u infidels

And lets say the people get new jobs TODAY. They’re still not seeing a check for almost a month. It’s not that easy even though I do think they should make some kind of change

Last edited:
One party is actively engaged in blatant racism and white supremacy. I fail to see how it’s “ Both Sides “

:lol:
There’s no question that Lyndon Johnson, despite championing the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 and signing it into law, was also a sometime racist and notorious vulgarian who rarely shied away from using the N-word in private

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-voting-democratic/

keep thinking one party got ur best intentions in mind.

im confused why people don't look at political parties with da same critical skeptical eye ya look at corporations. companies only want your money... parties only care about you when its time to vote.

There’s no question that Lyndon Johnson, despite championing the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 and signing it into law, was also a sometime racist and notorious vulgarian who rarely shied away from using the N-word in private

im confused why people don't look at political parties with da same critical skeptical eye ya look at corporations. companies only want your money... parties only care about you when its time to vote.

who cares he aint even alive anymore. we need the old generation to die off tbh old *** ppl ruining everything from hip hop to politics smh

I don’t think one party has my best intentions in mine ...but i know that one doesnt

Mexico is funding the wall through USMCA, however, specifically how that works has still not been explained though. So i am not sure why he needs the 5.7 bil if it is being funded through USMCA.

Back
Top Bottom