US Military Airmen Michael Giles denied Stand Your Ground defense in Florida, sentenced to 25 yrs

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
 Posted this on FB.. 

Last edited:
At 32, this why I don't go places to many unknown places. If it's new you find me close to the door, if it pops off I'm outside and across the street.

I want my CHL but it's legal action waiting to happen. You can be in the right but if you use it you may yourself in court defending your actions.

In this case I would have taken a couple licks and got out of there.

I wonder if that place was on a military banned list.

It really don't matter tho cause the military would have ruined his life, he violated basic Rules Of Engagement. They may still come after him after the state is done with him.

So he didn't hit ANYONE yet he got 25yrs... He shouldn't even have been charged with anything :smh:

Mandatory minimums are a ******g joke |I
I believe it "struck" his attacker in the leg, but then other articles say the bullet analyzed didn't show evidence of hitting anyone. Either way, the admitted attacker was not injured. Perhaps he was grazed

Even if he was grazed there would've been some sort of evidence/dna on the bullet.

This entire thing makes no damn sense. Either we're missing an entire section of the story or they're just arbitrarily throwing people under the jail.

Dude that is the charges from the night described. Note they are all the same date. Dude on another board, who is a huge troll so take with a grain of salt, is reporting dude has been arrested on a DUI before and held in contempt of court, not that either would even be relevant but putting it out there.

Thats another thing that I hate about this. These people bring up some ******** charges to somehow validate the punishment. First off the family said he has a clean history, and I doubt he would be in the Air Force if he didn't. But even if those charges were real, WTF does it have to do with what happened here?

Trayvon gets killed and they do drug test on him, and not the Killer with a criminal history :smh:

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/83712532.html

One male, Michael Giles, began shooting a handgun. Three adult males received non-life-threatening injuries. The suspect fled but was located by police officers in a nearby parking lot at 2101 West Pensacola Street.

An investigator from the Violent Crimes Unit (VCU) responded and at the conclusion of the investigation, Giles was arrested and transported to the Leon County Jail. The three victims of the gunshot wounds were transported to a local hospital.

So how many times did he shoot?

Dude that is the charges from the night described. Note they are all the same date. Dude on another board, who is a huge troll so take with a grain of salt, is reporting dude has been arrested on a DUI before and held in contempt of court, not that either would even be relevant but putting it out there.

Thats another thing that I hate about this. These people bring up some ******** charges to somehow validate the punishment. First off the family said he has a clean history, and I doubt he would be in the Air Force if he didn't. But even if those charges were real, WTF does it have to do with what happened here?

Trayvon gets killed and they do drug test on him, and not the Killer with a criminal history :smh:

There are dudes gang bangin in uniform.

My first thought was, why didn't dude just skoot out of there with the road runner take off?

Even if you're unfamiliar with the area and get separated from your boys, MOST people who don't want that trouble, get far enough from the situation even if you're curious and wanna see what's going on.

Sound like dude just stood there posted up in the midst of all this **** poppin' off. :smh:

A) this is a not so subtle reminder that $$$ equals justice.

B) this is a not so subtle reminder TO GET OUT!

******g disgusting. I hope the Judge loses his entire family in a car crash.

You serve "your" country and this how the ******g **** system repays you. :smh:

Sad thing is this is the second or third story like this to come out of FL this year.

And clowns on NT really think its all sweat.

Last edited:
Maybe he in fact shot 3 people nonfatally from the ground while being attacked, I had read that too but can't access that link from work to read the whole thing. I still signed the petition either way. I wonder if I can pull up the case docket using the numbers on his mugshot webpage. Some states have that ability, will try after work

Last edited:

Yes dudes gang bang in uniform. Trust me I see it everyday. But if his record wasn't clean he wouldn't be in the air force. I have an assault charge from when I was a minor and they denied me. I got into a fight and dude pressed charges. So I had to go army

Maybe he in fact shot 3 people nonfatally from the ground while being attacked, I had read that too but can't access that link from work. I still signed the petition either way.
So he was knocked to the ground first, then he drew his weapon and fired???

Where can I find the sequence of events that happened that night... the websites for the petition give barely any information.

How hard is it to twist your fingers when you're nowhere near any kind of gang activity?

What probably happen was what we all have done at some point. The fight didn't involve him, so he was watching. Then the fight came to him.

Mandatory minimums :smh:

One of main issues is the discrepancy in rich and poor and court appointed lawyers and if you can afford a good lawyer.

What probably happen was what we all have done at some point. The fight didn't involve him, so he was watching. Then the fight came to him.

Mandatory minimums :smh:

One of main issues is the discrepancy in rich and poor and court appointed lawyers and if you can afford a good lawyer.

Not saying $ don't matter in the legal system but y'all think a white serviceman is doing 25 YEARS in this exact same scenario? Yea ******g right.

Yes dudes gang bang in uniform. Trust me I see it everyday. But if his record wasn't clean he wouldn't be in the air force. I have an assault charge from when I was a minor and they denied me. I got into a fight and dude pressed charges. So I had to go army

Not really some judges will tell kids go to jail or join the military. I heard lots guys tell me this during my 6 years in.

Oh, my reply wasn't a question but letting the previous guy that just because your in military doesn't mean you don't have a troubled past. In some cases these kids were lucky not to get caught.

Not saying $ don't matter in the legal system but y'all think a white serviceman is doing 25 YEARS in this exact same scenario? Yea ******g right.

As a black dude I can't do anything about that...but I can make money to level the playing field. Don't care to complain about 'white v black' although I do see that exists. I prefer to focus on something I can change relatively easily, I can make money and not worry bout the world judging me differently because I'm black. $$$ > race in post civil rights America.

Later during trial his attacker admitted to not knowing Michael. Several witnesses stated that Michael was just standing to the side not provoking anyone, or causing a commotion. They testified that his attacker had been acting erratically the entire night and was responsible for several of the fights that had broken out previously. A close friend of Michael's attacker even stated that she was worried he would seriously injure or kill someone if he did not stop. His attacker admitted in open court "I wanted to badly hurt the next person I saw". He admitted that Michael did nothing provoke him.
mean.gif

Not really some judges will tell kids go to jail or join the military. I heard lots guys tell me this during my 6 years in.

Oh, my reply wasn't a question but letting the previous guy that just because your in military doesn't mean you don't have a troubled past. In some cases these kids were lucky not to get caught.

Yeah thats true but it doesn't go on their record if they aren't convicted of it. Believe it or not my First Sergeant got that deal. Caught a B&E and they gave him his options. He chose military so no conviction

You guys are concerned with civilian court, the military would have done him worse. It really don't matter cause dude was screwed either way. Just off that story op posted, dude discharged his weapon on domestic civilian population. Dude wasn't getting shot some one hit him. He responded to non-lethal force with lethal force. A big no-no in the military. Military personnel are to obey basic rules of engagement/UCMJ wether they are in or out of uniform. Dude may get his civilian ruling over-turned but he will still have to answer to the UCMJ. It really depends on the JAG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom