*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Unlike Wade, maybe other Olympic sport athletes just don’t understand one fact: The Olympics are a business, plain and simple. A tax-free juggernaut called the International Olympic Committee that generates revenues, on average, of over $1.4 billion a year. In fact, the IOC’s 2010 tax return shows a $1.4 billion net balance — as in cash in the bank.

And if Wade, and other Olympians don’t ask for and get a share, then who does? Answer: A handful of unaccountable, Switzerland-based bureaucrats hiding behind the veil of so-called “Olympism.

I'm still baffled at how you list 3 foreign guys as replacements then you list 2 post defenders. Say what you will about Javele, but Pick and Roll coverage is the most important thing for the center, its the reason Dwight worked at that position.
Would I be opposed to Hibbert? Nah but he isnt the type of guy I want at that position.

You raise a good point, Javale is athletic enough to cover ground on a P&R..... its just whether or not he's smart enough to react properly to it, fortunately his athleticism should allow him to cover ground for any mishaps..... plus he is a shotblocker................................

hmmmm

Tyson Chandler will be a lock now with D. Howard and Lamarcus out and possible Chris Bosh depending on the nagging injures

Or we can go Bynum and or Cousins get some experience but our big men has been pretty banged up but that Pg position will be the big question I'm sure D. Rose is the lock i like D. Williams also CP3 love him over Westbrook but westbrook has been playing at a high level

Now that Dwight's gone, i'm wondering what they should do.

Lamarcus was always on my radar, but cats here shot that down, cuz they didn't understand basketball and building a 'franchise' at the global level.

LOVE/LAMARCUS are crazy outside shooters w/ height and length. They could work on their defensive presence though, but regardless, they are very versatile big men for the international game. Bynum would be a lackluster selection because he is slow and operates in a 1/2 court set.

LOVE
ALDRIDGE
B.Griffin

are good selections

but LA is getting hip surgery in like 2 weeks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Guess not but dudes around here apparently understand basketball more the the average NTer and know how to build a global franchise
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Guess not but dudes around here apparently understand basketball more the the average NTer and know how to build a global franchise
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

It just slipped my mind.  In all seriousness though and I think we know this, we need to bring in younger guys that will play the game w/ passion.  I think Durant is one of these guys and he's showing it.  In terms of bringing along a big guy, there's quite a few out there that fit the international game.  However, not too many will be committed to this type of play.

Demarcus has had inter/intra personal issues and I don't think it'll be a good fit.

Don't you agree though?  All cats ever do is throw in big names from big cities, but they fail to see how the player might play at the international level.  This game is high paced in many regards, but more so, TEAM USA is faced with a lot of BIG GUYS that 'can shoot'.  Hence this is why a lot of big guys over seas are coveted.  (Think Pau's 3pters and Dirk).

Just my 2 cents. 

we dont need scoring outta whatever bigs we roll with jus defense and range.. Javale and Tyson are coo... sux Ibaka isnt a patriot.

Love n BG at the 4 is perfect.

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing Z-Bo go
laugh.gif

we gunna romp regaurdless

I'm just nitpicking and giving you a hard time. I 100% agree with you though, its all about the fit. Although I don't think Blake is a good fit, it'd be good to get him some experience...

Also we got enough large SF to play small ball, with Carmelo and Lebron.

Right now I think are frontcourt is looking like:

Bosh
Tyson
Love (if cleared from concussion)
Griffin

I would like to see a starting line up of:

Bosh
Carmelo
Lebron
Durant
CP3

Kobe/Wade leads the squad of the bench with Chandler coming thru to anchor the D if we need
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I'm just nitpicking and giving you a hard time. I 100% agree with you though, its all about the fit. Although I don't think Blake is a good fit, it'd be good to get him some experience...

Also we got enough large SF to play small ball, with Carmelo and Lebron.

Right now I think are frontcourt is looking like:

Bosh
Tyson
Love (if cleared from concussion)
Griffin

I would like to see a starting line up of:

Bosh
Carmelo
Lebron
Durant
CP3

Kobe/Wade leads the squad of the bench with Chandler coming thru to anchor the D if we need
pimp.gif

I question the velociraptor/lizard man.  He has no passion and might cry.

Griffin isn't super refined, but he has that 'OOMF'. He' probably given these POSTERIZED guys more ESPN coverage as the victim than they can get collectively!!!!

Imagine Griffin dunking on Louis Scola's cousin, or Dirk's aunt's friend's husband's son's friend's best friend.

US needs to beat peeps w/ swag though, not atrocious T-MAC/Vince Carter I wanna scrap you thuggish ruggish bone style.

If he's willing and able, put Marcus Camby on the team. He can play good defense, rebound the ball and move the ball for 10-12 minutes a game.

I wouldn't mind Greg Monroe or Anthony Davis as our 12th man, honestly. The 12th man on these teams hardly play & I think both would be perfectly okay with those roles.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I question the velociraptor/lizard man.  He has no passion and might cry.

Co-sign, but he was arguably our best post defender with Dwight and fits the bill as a stretch big..... plus he was a Coach K favorite
laugh.gif

I just see him being a big part of the team with Dwight and LA out, and especially if Coach K goes back to the 2010 WC game plan of going small.

So...

Paul/Kobe/Durant/LeBron/Chandler

as our starting lineup?

Deron Williams/Derrick Rose
D-Wade/Russel Westbrook
Carmelo
K-Love/Bosh

I like this lineup even though it leaves us very weak in the front court.
I would understand bringing BG over Russy though.

In my opinion, all the PF/C's left on the preliminary roster will make the squad.

Either, Deron or Russell will be left out.

Stop acting like Blake "Nike's Golden Child" Griffin isn't going to be on the Olympic team.

Back
Top Bottom