USC's Floyd to become Arizona Head Coach

I would love to see Capel come back home after K retires and if Dawkins doesn't return for the spot.

happy.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Not a good move IMO.

Arizona should have gone after a better coach.

[h2]Report: Floyd to take Arizona job[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Tim Floyd will be named basketball coach at Arizona, Mark Asher of Sports 620 KTAR,ESPN's radio affiliate in Phoenix, is reporting according to multiple sources.

Floyd is meeting tonight with Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood to work out the final details of the deal and an announcement is expected Thursday,according to sources.

Floyd, 55, has spent the last four seasons at USC with an 85-50 record. He led the Trojans to three NCAA tournament appearances -- including the Sweet 16 in2007.

Floyd previously coached in the NBA with the Chicago Bulls in 1999-2002 and the New Orleans Hornets in 2004.

He was also the head coach at Iowa State, New Orleans and Idaho.

Lute Olson retired as coach at Arizona prior to the start of the season. Arizona advanced to the Sweet 16 with interim coach Russ Pennell.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4035206

Hopefully he can bring back Soloman Hill and Maybe Noel Johnson, but other than that I don't care for it too much as an Arizona fan living in Tucson.

Its like Zac Efron on HSM wanting to take Vanessa Hudgens to prom. He waits and thinks "Oh man i'm Zac Efron I got this" until Corbin Bluesnatches her up. Then he panicks and ends up just scooping up Ashley Tisdale. While still not bad, it could have been so much better

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Hopefully he can bring back Soloman Hill and Maybe Noel Johnson, but other than that I don't care for it too much as an Arizona fan living in Tucson.

Its like Zac Efron on HSM wanting to take Vanessa Hudgens to prom. He waits and thinks "Oh man i'm Zac Efron I got this" until Corbin Blue snatches her up. Then he panicks and ends up just scooping up Ashley Tisdale. While still not bad, it could have been so much better
dude you just ruined HSM for me. i haven't seen it yet
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this was posted in the CBB thread

Arizona should have gone after a better coach.

they did though... they went after at least 5-6 guys, and they all rejected the job.

but i am SURE they could have at least gotten a no-name guy or something. somebody other than Tim Floyd. why would you go and hire the most hated head coach inyour own conference?

It was fun while it lasted Tim..

I wonder what happens to Derozan, Gibson, and Hackett....

Floyd coaches great Defense, but his offensive sets are terrible. I wonder who SC is going to get
nerd.gif

RIP to Arizona basketball. This is going to be on a Kevin O'Neill level. Except the players won't hate Floyd.

It's kind of bittersweet. On one hand you know some guys are going to jump ship. On the other hand Tim Floyd is gone, I wasn't a big fan. Defensively, Floyd is a superb coach. However, I think, he held Mayo back last season offensively. In fact, with the talent he has, he should loosen thereigns and let the kids play.

It really depends on who USC gets to replace Floyd.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

imo, Derozan and Gibson are gone and Sidney won't play college bball

Is derozan good enough to into the nba? The few times I saw him play I thought he was subpar

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

imo, Derozan and Gibson are gone and Sidney won't play college bball

Is derozan good enough to into the nba? The few times I saw him play I thought he was subpar
He did well in the tournament and towards the end supposedly from a few articles I read. His mid range game was improving. But he still has anon existent 3 at this point. He's a potential project pretty much. Now lets see his work ethic.

floyd is a good coach

what he's done at USC the past couple years has been great

they always play hard and make it to the tournament, despite losing many top recruits to UCLA

Back
Top Bottom