*** Usher "Here I Stand" In Stores NOW! ***

damn i'm at freakin' school right now, need the CDQ version
mad.gif

Sounds like they took Dream off of Moving Mountains on the album version. The album version of Moving Mountains sounds better. I always thought that track wasempty for some reason but I couldn't point my finger to it. Still bumpin' the album though. Gonna let this soak in before I determine whether its hotor not. I don't get how ya'll can judge a album so fast and determine if its good or bad.

albums super average...but i didn't expect much from all the songs that leaked...no better than most R&B albums that dropped in recnt years...FS/LS>>>> This

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

albums super average...but i didn't expect much from all the songs that leaked...no better than most R&B albums that dropped in recnt years...FS/LS >>>> This

laugh.gif

In before DMV.

But, I will agree. FS/LS is the far more superior album than this. It's not even close.

albums super average...but i didn't expect much from all the songs that leaked...no better than most R&B albums that dropped in recnt years...FS/LS >>>> This
your comparing to different type of RB singer(thats if you call JT a RB singer) i havent even heard Usher CD yet and i can tell u its 2 i differenttypes of RB

and For the record ANYONE with half a voice can sound good with timbo making all the tracks

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

your comparing to different type of RB singer(thats if you call JT a RB singer) i havent even heard Usher CD yet and i can tell u its 2 i different types of RB

and For the record ANYONE with half a voice can sound good with timbo making all the tracks

Usher should've had Timbo on speed-dial then for this CD.

damn for real it usually takes a few spins to really judge it

ill wait till the 27th to take a listen

your comparing to different type of RB singer(thats if you call JT a RB singer) i havent even heard Usher CD yet and i can tell u its 2 i different types of RB

... But you haven't heard the album yet. There's a lot of Pop R&B on this one (Will.I.Am track, for example).

So they really can be compared, and with that being said, FS/LS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Here I Stand.

Not even close.
However, I must say that the GR made the album better. I think it's pretty good. Not super average, like some claim.

I feel like this always happens on Niketalk... People always start out saying an album is "Fire" or "Trash"... The Trash always ends upgrowing on them (word to Lollipop)

Usher is a musical genius who has sold hundreds of millions of albums worldwide... I don't question his talent on this CD. Here I Stand will gomulti-platinum. A lot of you aren't feeling it right now, but Usher & his producers know how to make a hit CD. This album is grown & sexy and willgrow on damn near all of you after some spins. Try not to judge a CD based on a first listen. Listen to it in depth without distractions around you. Feel whatUsher is saying with each track. After you give it a few listens, THEN form an opinion. Don't form one after listening one time? Like I said.. Damn neareveryone on hear based on Lollipop... Now look, it's a #1 single and people like it. Form your own opinions.. Don't follow what others say onNT.
eyes.gif

Here I Stand..
pimp.gif

Just got it, gonna give it some detailed spins in a few.

I'm lookin' at some of these replies. Could it be that people were expecting TOO MUCH after Confessions?

Ya'll gotta remember, Ush is at a different place in his life right now. Married w/ child, etc...

It's refreshing to hear that he's on his "grown and sexy" vibe, cats like J.Holiday and Trey Songz can sing to the 10th power but thatsex/player !%$ gets repetitive at times.

after listening to this again....its actually pretty good... i can definitely vibe with "his mistakes"...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
song is crack

but i still feel the same way...WHY DIDNT HE GET BACK WITH JUST BLAZE? AFTER ALL THE SUCCESS IN CONFESSIONS...im surprised he didnt put blaze back on thisalbum...
ohwell.gif

but with the $$ blaze usually charges on his beats, it doesnt even surprise me people dont f with him like before
grin.gif

im also surprised he aint put echo on the album
grin.gif
being that he left songsof that nature out of the album, you can tell he was definitely trying to be on his grown and sexy this time around
nerd.gif

the song with jigga "best thing" is gonna be big if he drops it this summer

these albums are actually easily comparable...but it's not even all about production...the writing on this cd is sub-par too...Usher still has thevoice, but there's not much interesting going on in this cd...i've listened to it twice already and nothing new catches me...i do like a couple of thetracks (Danja & will.i.am =
eek.gif
, btw), but it's nothing special...myexpectation weren't even that high as i didn't really care much for Confessions...

i think this album might set the tone for the rest of his albums no more club type songs I mean the dude is getting older, so Here I Stand could have been hislast upbeat/club album but he chose to go with the grown up feeling

I mean there is nothing with Usher taking a different route this time. I commend him actually.

It's just not good enough. It's definitely not a dud, but it's definitely no "Confessions".

Usher had 4 years and some to get it right. He dropped the ball.

the song with jigga "best thing" is gonna be big if he drops it this summer
pimp.gif
love the song.

two listens straight through... this album is damn good. I didn't expect much after confessions, but setting the standard below that makes the album thatmuch better.

im diggin it most of the through....couple songs coulda been left out, but overall i like it

Back
Top Bottom