*** Usher "Here I Stand" In Stores NOW! ***

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by eye see soles

How much better?

A bit, since it's CDQ now, but it's still a very average album, IMO.

All in all, a disappointment.

franchise, usher has gotten a wife now with a newborn kid. he has to mature in his music somehow. this is more of a mature album and he did that. but i doagree with you that if he had made this a shorter album with less songs, it'd be a classic

Originally Posted by kmstivers21

I feel like this always happens on Niketalk... People always start out saying an album is "Fire" or "Trash"... The Trash always ends up growing on them (word to Lollipop)

Lollipop is trash...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
appetite

Originally Posted by kingkb34

I feel like this always happens on Niketalk... People always start out saying an album is "Fire" or "Trash"... The Trash always ends up growing on them (word to Lollipop)

Lollipop is trash...
So why is it a #1 single and doing so well if it's trash??? Facts can't be denied.. Just because you don't like the songdoesn't mean it's not good and successful.

YO!
nerd.gif
Be cool...
8701>Here I Stand>Confessions>My Way>first cd noone cares about
So many things wrong with this. First off, My Way is the BUSINESS. Secondly, Can You Get Wit It has HEAT. Al B. Sure, Devante Swing, and PuffyCombs?

I can't trust anyone's opinion on here anymore.
tired.gif
DF!!!

Lollipop is trash...
So why is it a #1 single and doing so well if it's trash??? Facts can't be denied.. Just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it's not good and successful.

ride a lil harder my man...I could reel off plenty of #1 songs that are trash

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
nerd.gif
Be cool...
8701>Here I Stand>Confessions>My Way>first cd noone cares about
So many things wrong with this. First off, My Way is the BUSINESS. Secondly, Can You Get Wit It has HEAT. Al B. Sure, Devante Swing, and Puffy Combs?

I can't trust anyone's opinion on here anymore.
tired.gif
DF!!!

i;m not saying they are garbage, they are all within a close fraction of eachother IMO, the "first cd noone cares about" is an inside joke b/c Icalled someone out in my local schools paper when Confessions came out b/c he said it was Usher's 4th cd...some hick dude that didnt know his backside fromhis frontside (i'll find the article and post it)
8701 is by far Usher's best cd, atleast it is for me but you also have to understand I also relate alot of music to more then just what is on thedisk but also what time period I was at in my life and the summer of 2001 was the best summer of my life so I think i'm partial to that cd

maybe I jumped the gun but I think people are too quick to call Here I Stand average after one listen at most

Lollipop is trash...
So why is it a #1 single and doing so well if it's trash??? Facts can't be denied.. Just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it's not good and successful.

Wayne is so in demand and popular that basically any song he released as a single would be #1..Another artist with that exact same song might not have evencracked the charts..The song is trash to me, but its something for the ladies and they like dancing to it so i aint mad..

I like the album, its not better than confessions. I think what ruined the experience for me was that the songs have been leaking out so i had already heardabout 7 songs off the album. Its still solid though.

Man, I think some of you guys are judging this album too quickly. I will admit, the first time I heard the album was in the car and I was saying to myself thatConfessions was killing this album. However, after giving Here I Stand another spin, this album is growing on me. Before I Met You, Appetite, What's A Manto Do, Moving Mountains, His Mistakes (I Can't Win)...all of these songs are bangers to me. Too each his own though, I def think Usher did his thing.
Oh yeah, Something Special has Robin Thicke written all over it. When the track first started to play I was like is this supposed to be a Thicke track?? Am Ithe only one who thinks this??

I think what ruined the experience for me was that the songs have been leaking out so i had already heard about 7 songs off the album.
i think thats what happend to me i was to anxious to hear his album then when i heard it i was thinking it didn't compare to confessionswithout listening to it enough but now after a couple rotations of the album i spoke to soon

I liked this a lot better when I first heard this then I did when I first heard Confessions, but I must say that I slept on Confessions hard initially. Ireally enjoy this album's older appeal and I think it will grow on me even more, and Danja is a beast for his production on Appetite.

this album is
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Trading Places
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Moving Mountains - much better mix than the previous one that leaked...
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Best Thing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Before I Met You
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
this joint is BONNNKERSS!!!!!!!
Whats A Man To Do
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Best song on the album.
Love In This Club part 2 with beyonce & weezy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe Usher's kind of music just isn't my thing. I thought Confessions was just bad sounding music besides a couple of tracks. I gave it one listen andthrew it in my closet. Then after it went Diamond or whatever, I thought that maybe I missed something so I listened to it again. Still garbage. This album isbetter but I only like a couple of the songs, with the rest being really, really bad. Usher really is a singles sort of singer kind of like Alicia Keys. Theyhave some amazing tracks, but their albums have so many boring, awful fillers on them.

album is pretty good after a couple of listens, good thing i didnt hear any of the other songs beside love in this club when they dropped early

Originally Posted by Beats05

Maybe Usher's kind of music just isn't my thing. I thought Confessions was just bad sounding music besides a couple of tracks. I gave it one listen and threw it in my closet. Then after it went Diamond or whatever, I thought that maybe I missed something so I listened to it again. Still garbage. This album is better but I only like a couple of the songs, with the rest being really, really bad. Usher really is a singles sort of singer kind of like Alicia Keys. They have some amazing tracks, but their albums have so many boring, awful fillers on them.

I would agree with you, but Diary & As I Am were both solid albums.

The Usher comment mirrored my sentiments exactly.

Back
Top Bottom