Using the N word while singing along to songs Vol. I'm not black

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

i'm non-black and use the word sometimes..
Why do you use the word? Because the people around you do?
I started using the word in the 90's because I went to school with alot of african-american kids...back then we used to listen to biggie and pac, so if your asking me why when I was 8 years old did I start using the word...I can tell you that it was because I became of aware of the word through my african-american friends and listened to music that used the word.
Why I continue to use the word today is because I can, have been, and will continue to use the word with my friends black/non black unless I feel like i'm hurting them in someway.

I started using the word in the 90's because I went to school with alot of african-american kids...back then we used to listen to biggie and pac, so if your asking me why when I was 8 years old did I start using the word...I can tell you that it was because I became of aware of the word through my african-american friends and listened to music that used the word.
Why I continue to use the word today is because I can, have been, and will continue to use the word with my friends black/non black unless I feel like i'm hurting them in someway.

I'm black and I personally do not care who uses the word as long as its in the peaceful manner like, " whatup my ... " or something like that.. I have plenty of friends of other races that use it and it doesnt bother me at all.. ::shrugs::

I'm black and I personally do not care who uses the word as long as its in the peaceful manner like, " whatup my ... " or something like that.. I have plenty of friends of other races that use it and it doesnt bother me at all.. ::shrugs::

So like I said, you use the word because people around you used it. Not sure why you felt the need to give an elaborate explanation to say exactly what I asked you.

So like I said, you use the word because people around you used it. Not sure why you felt the need to give an elaborate explanation to say exactly what I asked you.

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by henz0

I just don't agree the logic of, "I hang around black people so that is why I say it." I just can't get down with that.

Not sure what makes me the sickesT:
A. Others using it
B. Anyone using it
C. Black people just waving the white flag and accepting the word as a term of endearment

Yea I can see the logic of, "Well they say it so I will be fine saying it." But the word is a harmful word. The word has DEEP history that doesn't allow me to look at it as just a word. Or "not that serious."

I used to use it when I was younger and unaware of how serious it was. Wish I could take those days back.

I just view it as a serious issue unlike most.

I just don't agree the logic of, "I hang around black people so that is why I say it." I just can't get down with that.

A. Others using it
B. Anyone using it
C. Black people just waving the white flag and accepting the word as a term of endearment

Yea I can see the logic of, "Well they say it so I will be fine saying it." But the word is a harmful word. The word has DEEP history that doesn't allow me to look at it as just a word. Or "not that serious."

I used to use it when I was younger and unaware of how serious it was. Wish I could take those days back.

I just view it as a serious issue unlike most.

henz0 says it's ok to use it as long as it's in a peaceful manner  so that's everything that needs to be said.

hail henz0 
pimp.gif

A. Others using it
B. Anyone using it
D. Black people using a term of oppression as a term of endearment.
I don't use it in normal conversation, or as a term of endearment (
laugh.gif
).

I don't self censor either, you want the general public to stop using it, then stop using it.  Hip Hop/Rap hit mainstream a long time ago, that's why the term you are griping about lost it's luster a long time ago and it's meaning has become cluttered within the last 15 years.

Like you actually have no problem with calling your boy your %!$+! just because you're at a party kicking back drinking a brew? Negative connotation or not, the $*+% don't work like that and I've seen one too many fools get knocked up side their head when they thought it was gravy. You might say I'm too sensitive but I wonder whose gonna be sensitive when me and my boys ask you and your boys to step outside for a second.
laugh.gif

#youaintaboutthatlifesonstopfrontin

A. Others using it
B. Anyone using it
D. Black people using a term of oppression as a term of endearment.
I don't use it in normal conversation, or as a term of endearment (
laugh.gif
).

I don't self censor either, you want the general public to stop using it, then stop using it.  Hip Hop/Rap hit mainstream a long time ago, that's why the term you are griping about lost it's luster a long time ago and it's meaning has become cluttered within the last 15 years.

Like you actually have no problem with calling your boy your %!$+! just because you're at a party kicking back drinking a brew? Negative connotation or not, the $*+% don't work like that and I've seen one too many fools get knocked up side their head when they thought it was gravy. You might say I'm too sensitive but I wonder whose gonna be sensitive when me and my boys ask you and your boys to step outside for a second.
laugh.gif

#youaintaboutthatlifesonstopfrontin

I'm Latin... so I subscribe to the "Cypress Hill & Pun use(d) it.... so it's more or less safe" way of thought. It's not in my usual jargon though, just around certain groups of friends & listening to music.

I'm Latin... so I subscribe to the "Cypress Hill & Pun use(d) it.... so it's more or less safe" way of thought. It's not in my usual jargon though, just around certain groups of friends & listening to music.

I'm gonna start using it now and if anyone says something, I'll just tell em, "Henzo doesn't mind, my $*#$%!"

I'm gonna start using it now and if anyone says something, I'll just tell em, "Henzo doesn't mind, my $*#$%!"

Back
Top Bottom