VEGETARIAN COOKING THREAD VOL. LET THAT BOY COOK

Originally Posted by GTEK

I'm now progressing from starchs to subsitution of starch vegetables in their place. Ex. Squash, Zucchini, Red Potato. As well I'm slowly considering fruitarianism, increasing my volume of fruits has def been beneficial in exciting what can sometimes become bland. Don't want to jack the thread but after a long study into nutrition it seems as though fruit seems to be the intended food for human consumption. More power to the thread tho. When making the decision to become a vegetarian I was ideally thinking of RAW food, having to remind myself not to get stuck on meat substitutions and starches.
You should just keep the progressions going and have a full cycle of diets you switch up ever 4-8 weeks, shock the system if you will. Like for one month go with a strict meat diet, then another high carbs diet, then vegetarian, vegan, etc etc. 
Wonder how that would work out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GTEK

I'm now progressing from starchs to subsitution of starch vegetables in their place. Ex. Squash, Zucchini, Red Potato. As well I'm slowly considering fruitarianism, increasing my volume of fruits has def been beneficial in exciting what can sometimes become bland. Don't want to jack the thread but after a long study into nutrition it seems as though fruit seems to be the intended food for human consumption. More power to the thread tho. When making the decision to become a vegetarian I was ideally thinking of RAW food, having to remind myself not to get stuck on meat substitutions and starches.
You should just keep the progressions going and have a full cycle of diets you switch up ever 4-8 weeks, shock the system if you will. Like for one month go with a strict meat diet, then another high carbs diet, then vegetarian, vegan, etc etc. 
Wonder how that would work out
laugh.gif

Just had a Portabella Mushroom burger with some sweet potato fries.  Mushroom was marinated with EVOO, Basalmic vinegar, oregano, basil, S & P, garlic. 
pimp.gif

photo.JPG

Just had a Portabella Mushroom burger with some sweet potato fries.  Mushroom was marinated with EVOO, Basalmic vinegar, oregano, basil, S & P, garlic. 
pimp.gif

photo.JPG

Good timing seeing this thread, I've thought lately of including more vegetarian meals.

Good timing seeing this thread, I've thought lately of including more vegetarian meals.

i do alot of stir frys. i start out with some nice udon or yakisoba noodles. stir fry all the good veggies in some sesame oil. i usually do broccoli, asparagus, shallots, garlic, snow peas, bamboo sprouts, eggs, and crushed peanuts. you gotta add them all at different times cause of the way they cook, but that'll come with practice. fry all that !+++ up, toss it on the noodles, stir it up real good and finish it up with a squirt or two of siracha just for some slight bite. i eat this a couple times a week. you can substitute rice for the noodles, add tofu, etc. its very easy and healthy. go do it now.

i do alot of stir frys. i start out with some nice udon or yakisoba noodles. stir fry all the good veggies in some sesame oil. i usually do broccoli, asparagus, shallots, garlic, snow peas, bamboo sprouts, eggs, and crushed peanuts. you gotta add them all at different times cause of the way they cook, but that'll come with practice. fry all that !+++ up, toss it on the noodles, stir it up real good and finish it up with a squirt or two of siracha just for some slight bite. i eat this a couple times a week. you can substitute rice for the noodles, add tofu, etc. its very easy and healthy. go do it now.

Originally Posted by Smokey13

pimp.gif

photo.JPG

How did it come out? I have had portabellas grilled before but I am not sure if I can get down with it as a burger. Texture wise.

pimp.gif

photo.JPG

How did it come out? I have had portabellas grilled before but I am not sure if I can get down with it as a burger. Texture wise.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif

photo.JPG

It was great. The marinade made it taste like I was having a salad on a bun. Texture wise....it's pretty similar to a regular burger.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif

photo.JPG

It was great. The marinade made it taste like I was having a salad on a bun. Texture wise....it's pretty similar to a regular burger.

Im absolutely not a vegetarian, but I am trying to eat healthier. Does anybody have any good recipes for portabella mushrooms?

Im absolutely not a vegetarian, but I am trying to eat healthier. Does anybody have any good recipes for portabella mushrooms?

Originally Posted by baseballer10p

Vegan seitan italian sausage style, homemade
That's a lot of mustard 10p. Very methodical placement as well.

How was the "sausage" and what spices went in it?

Also, glad to see you finally got a real camera.

Back
Top Bottom