VEGETARIAN COOKING THREAD VOL. LET THAT BOY COOK

Like I said before, I dont like most vegetables, but I do like asparagus, peppers, corn, onions, broccoli and a couple others....would a pastaXvegetable diet be good for me, or would all those carbs be detrimental?

Like I said before, I dont like most vegetables, but I do like asparagus, peppers, corn, onions, broccoli and a couple others....would a pastaXvegetable diet be good for me, or would all those carbs be detrimental?

I would eat brown rice or quinoa pasta. I actually like the taste better. There's also corn pasta.

You can find brown rice pasta cheap at Trader Joe's.

The problem with your meal plan is that most of your calories would be coming from the grains as there's not many calories in veggies. You could add something like tempeh (crumble it up and simmer it in tomato sauce) or white beans. This way you'll get more calories (filling) and a wider variety of nutrients.

Asparagus and broccoli are good, eating those everyday ain't a bad thing. Perhaps try artichoke hearts, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, peas, frozen spinach, pine nuts. You could also use a pesto sauce.

I would eat brown rice or quinoa pasta. I actually like the taste better. There's also corn pasta.

The problem with your meal plan is that most of your calories would be coming from the grains as there's not many calories in veggies. You could add something like tempeh (crumble it up and simmer it in tomato sauce) or white beans. This way you'll get more calories (filling) and a wider variety of nutrients.

Asparagus and broccoli are good, eating those everyday ain't a bad thing. Perhaps try artichoke hearts, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, peas, frozen spinach, pine nuts. You could also use a pesto sauce.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Thanks man, thats alot of good stuff that im gonna try

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Thanks man, thats alot of good stuff that im gonna try

A little late, but this is my Memorial Day feast
Pasta salad, bean salad, baked beans, potato salad, mushroom burger, and corn (all vegan)

Hah!  Those look awesome, but I never would have expected to see ducting plans and a ductulator on NT...especially in a VEGETARIAN thread!  Right on! 
Originally Posted by baseballer10p

Seitan Tacos

Originally Posted by Nike Air GO LWP

Hah!  Those look awesome, but I never would have expected to see ducting plans and a ductulator on NT...especially in a VEGETARIAN thread!  Right on! 

All right, a fellow engineer!
Stir Fry - quinoa, tofu, broccoli, bok choy, red bell pepper, green onions, soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.

maybe a little to much to fit in the wok

baseballer10p wrote:

Originally Posted by Nike Air GO LWP

All right, a fellow engineer!
Stir Fry - quinoa, tofu, broccoli, bok choy, red bell pepper, green onions, soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.

maybe a little to much to fit in the wok

Hah, I am an architectural design intern, but I was the GA for our systems class and know them well!  I just recognized that and the backgrounds you were revising, plus the good food!  

Vegan burrito bowl - i just compiled a bunch of recipes and threw them together.  There's rice, guac, beans, corn, and grilled veggies in there.  Along with some spices, salsa, etc.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i have no interest in becoming a vegetarian but i wouldn't mind eating less meat....

i could give up beef/pork but i'm keeping my chicken/turkey...

will be keeping an eye on this thread...
Same here. Over the last 1.5 years I have eaten less and less meat.

I eat a LOT of beans. My man Ron Artest put me on, he says he eats beans all of the time. I make a big pot of beans about once every 2 weeks.

Go to Walmocks and buy the pack of 15 beans. No more than 2.50

I cook down onions and mushrooms, carmelize them, then add water to them and use that as my base. I add the beans (that I soaked over night), and cook. I usually add granulated garlic, cumin, black pepper. I add the salt at the end.

Good stuff man.

You definitely farting up a storm on the regular, aint chu?

Don't know if I like how the texture of cornbread comes out when using Almond Milk. Might have to use cow **** (milk) in the future. SMH

Made some chipotle "cheese" sauce and nachos.

And here's some brussels sprouts, pasta, and some homemade tomato sauce

Singapore Rice Noodles, Made this the other day. This is not my picture but this is what it looks like.

Vermacelli Rice Noodles
Curry Power
Oil (placed on noodles right after cooking)
Veggies (whatever you want)
Meat (whatever you want)

Pasta and broccoli with a butternut squash sauce. And that's my Belgian IPA on the side. Took 8 months to brew that

Homemade vegan sushi

Some pumpkin cake and frosting I made

Baseballs, can I get a recipie for that?

Sure, I just kinda threw it together

3/4 cup brown rice, dry
2 cloves garlic, minced
broccoli, chopped
mushroom, sliced
1/4 block of tofu, crumbled
frozen peas
carrots, chopped
couple slices of onion, chopped
couple slices bell pepper, any color, chopped
cayenne pepper
soy sauce
sage
turmeric
thyme
salt
pepper
olive oil

Start cooking rice, prepare vegetables while rice is cooking. When rice is done, set aside
Fry the garlic in some olive oil until you can start to smell it. Then add onion and carrot with soy sauce to taste. Cook for a couple minutes.
Add broccoli, tofu, and mushroom and 1 tsp of sage with some more soy sauce. Cook until onion becomes translucent.
Move vegetables to one side of the pan, add rice to empty side with some olive oil and soy sauce.
Add a dash of cayenne and turmeric to rice. Add 1 tsp thyme, and salt and black pepper to taste to rice. Mix with rice, flatten on empty part of pan, and let cook until it turns brown, turning occasionally. Be careful not to let the vegetables burn.
Mix together when done.

(not my photo)

i love the crispy chick'n, but the sauce that comes with it is kind of bland, so i pour in the panda sauce instead.

Back
Top Bottom