VEGETARIAN COOKING THREAD VOL. LET THAT BOY COOK

Originally Posted by baseballer10p

Vegan seitan italian sausage style, homemade
That's a lot of mustard 10p. Very methodical placement as well.

How was the "sausage" and what spices went in it?

Also, glad to see you finally got a real camera.

been trying to become a vegetarian for a long time. this summer ima definitely make it happen.
gonna put this thread to use.

been trying to become a vegetarian for a long time. this summer ima definitely make it happen.
gonna put this thread to use.

I gotta lose around 36lbs in 12 weeks to win a car and $1000. I'm not sure how neccessary it is for me to become a vegetarian though, I generally eat lean cuts of meat like sandwich meat and chicken breast tenderloins. I did convert to Almond milk though.

I gotta lose around 36lbs in 12 weeks to win a car and $1000. I'm not sure how neccessary it is for me to become a vegetarian though, I generally eat lean cuts of meat like sandwich meat and chicken breast tenderloins. I did convert to Almond milk though.

I really want to eat more vegetables but i HATE tomatoes lettuce and carrots, what am i missing out on? anybody have any advice for a former veggie hater?

I really want to eat more vegetables but i HATE tomatoes lettuce and carrots, what am i missing out on? anybody have any advice for a former veggie hater?

I'm glad this thread came up again. I was just thinking of trying out the vegetarian lifestyle again.

I'm glad this thread came up again. I was just thinking of trying out the vegetarian lifestyle again.

Originally Posted by solarius49

You could juice then add back the pulp and add a tasty fruit juice too it since the sweetness generally overpowers the tartness of the vegetablejuice. Try a V8 Fusion or Bottlehouse Farms/Otwolla Farms vegetable/fruit juice hybrid and see but generally, if you don't like the taste I'm not sure what can be done. There are collard greens, potatoes, cabbages, other types of lettuce, cucumbers, I like banana peppers, lots of other things you can try. I got some fresh butternut squash my Mom gave me that she got from someone at church who grew it but I have no idea how to prepare it. I fried some plantains yesterday too, drizzled them with honey

You could juice then add back the pulp and add a tasty fruit juice too it since the sweetness generally overpowers the tartness of the vegetablejuice. Try a V8 Fusion or Bottlehouse Farms/Otwolla Farms vegetable/fruit juice hybrid and see but generally, if you don't like the taste I'm not sure what can be done. There are collard greens, potatoes, cabbages, other types of lettuce, cucumbers, I like banana peppers, lots of other things you can try. I got some fresh butternut squash my Mom gave me that she got from someone at church who grew it but I have no idea how to prepare it. I fried some plantains yesterday too, drizzled them with honey

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I got some fresh butternut squash my Mom gave me that she got from someone at church who grew it but I have no idea how to prepare it.
1) dice up an entire onion
2) peel butternut squash & cut in cubes
3) place both diced veggies on a large baking pan, 4) drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the veggies
5) add salt & pepper
6) mix everything on the pan with your hands
7) bake for 400 for 50 minutes.

everything caramelizes and turns super sweet. thank me later.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I got some fresh butternut squash my Mom gave me that she got from someone at church who grew it but I have no idea how to prepare it.
1) dice up an entire onion
2) peel butternut squash & cut in cubes
3) place both diced veggies on a large baking pan, 4) drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the veggies
5) add salt & pepper
6) mix everything on the pan with your hands
7) bake for 400 for 50 minutes.

everything caramelizes and turns super sweet. thank me later.

Spaghetti Squash? 

Spaghetti Squash? 

gave up all meat except for seafood/fish a couple of months ago... just to see if i could do it. honestly, i don't miss it.

now going completely vegetarian will be a bigger challenge... i do eat a lot of fish.

gave up all meat except for seafood/fish a couple of months ago... just to see if i could do it. honestly, i don't miss it.

now going completely vegetarian will be a bigger challenge... i do eat a lot of fish.

Originally Posted by futura SB

Here's a recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=34513.0 
It was pretty good, but still not a real camera, just got a better phone

Originally Posted by futura SB

Here's a recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=34513.0 
It was pretty good, but still not a real camera, just got a better phone

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

thinking of doing this for the summer. 

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

thinking of doing this for the summer. 

Back
Top Bottom