~~| [Video] Dom Kennedy - 1997 (Off That "From The Westside, With Love) |~~

EDIT: O, should've read the other comments first...just the same.

While what the director said is dope, it wasn't executed properly. The girl is in too many other shots where the camera doesn't turn around for that to be the "reveal."

And of you have to explain it like that, it didn't work.

Could've got some special balloons with "25th, FS/DS, BAB, and FTWSWL" on them, respectively. (Maybe a bit too brazen but, something like that) I mean, nobody is going to think about that being the 4 projects...and that's no flaw in the thinking of people, it's a flaw in the execution of the concept. That's one of those things you put in the video and HAVE to explain or everybody misses it. And I promise, everybody did. When you HAVE to explain your art, it loses something.

I like the video...but if it's artistic, let it be artistic and rock out with nobody understanding it. That's just something you risk. Then in 10 years, when we're going through the career of Dom or the director, we can talk about what it all meant.

EDIT: O, should've read the other comments first...just the same.

While what the director said is dope, it wasn't executed properly. The girl is in too many other shots where the camera doesn't turn around for that to be the "reveal."

And of you have to explain it like that, it didn't work.

Could've got some special balloons with "25th, FS/DS, BAB, and FTWSWL" on them, respectively. (Maybe a bit too brazen but, something like that) I mean, nobody is going to think about that being the 4 projects...and that's no flaw in the thinking of people, it's a flaw in the execution of the concept. That's one of those things you put in the video and HAVE to explain or everybody misses it. And I promise, everybody did. When you HAVE to explain your art, it loses something.

I like the video...but if it's artistic, let it be artistic and rock out with nobody understanding it. That's just something you risk. Then in 10 years, when we're going through the career of Dom or the director, we can talk about what it all meant.

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

I think the video would of been good if they filmed Dom driving around Leimert Park/Compton in that BMW or some convertible having flashbacks of the different things he said in the chorus.

"Had my first drink," etc..
THIS... dope track tho. video coulda been better

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

I think the video would of been good if they filmed Dom driving around Leimert Park/Compton in that BMW or some convertible having flashbacks of the different things he said in the chorus.

"Had my first drink," etc..
THIS... dope track tho. video coulda been better

you know you made it when dudes trying to over analyze/low key hate on your video

keep doing your thing dom
pimp.gif

you know you made it when dudes trying to over analyze/low key hate on your video

keep doing your thing dom
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom