(VIDS UP)CNN reports briefing in Washington on UFOs **IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL YALL**

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Too many people in here claiming to know THE truth.

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

we know nothing. and we probably never will.
pimp.gif

Why does people hate when others try to expand their knowledge ?

Of course we don't know the truth , but we're trying to know something other than having blind faith .

You really think that's any better ?
But your not you are soaking in what someone is telling you i.e. a preacher on a pulpit. Instead of doing research on your own, its only considered knowledge when you gain knowing through experience. What your doing is the same as having blind faith
maybe this is an experience for her.

listen... i don't know why people need to argue about their beliefs -not you in particular... anyone. it's great to share and bounce off of each othersideas... seeing things from a different perspective is enlightening. but can you force another person to agree with you? and see like you see? how can youcrucify people for what they believe? how can you expect someone to see eye to eye with you if you are looking down onthem?
laugh.gif
i just don't get it... care to enlighten me?

in the end... does it even matter?
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

Of course we don't know the truth , but we're trying to know something other than having blind faith .

But your not you are soaking in what someone is telling you i.e. a preacher on a pulpit. Instead of doing research on your own, its only considered knowledge when you gain knowing through experience. What your doing is the same as having blind faith

listen... i don't know why people need to argue about their beliefs -not you in particular... anyone. it's great to share and bounce off of each others ideas... seeing things from a different perspective is enlightening. but can you force another person to agree with you? and see like you see? how can you crucify people for what they believe? how can you expect someone to see eye to eye with you if you are looking down on them?
laugh.gif

I completely agree, BUT what bothers me is when people claim that what they "know" is fact and feed it to people who are thirsty for any kindknowledge (truthful or not)instead of telling them to try to figure it out on their own. Sharing ideas & perspectives is cool, but tryin to preach toothers that what you speak is the truth isn't.

NT23 bring up a point I've often struggled with when I was younger. I use to say, if you cant trust books what can you trust(aside from what youview and perceive in the now)?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

NT23 bring up a point I've often struggled with when I was younger. I use to say, if you cant trust books what can you trust(aside from what you view and perceive in the now)?
Are implying that my way of thinking is childish?

listen... i don't know why people need to argue about their beliefs -not you in particular... anyone. it's great to share and bounce off of each others ideas... seeing things from a different perspective is enlightening. but can you force another person to agree with you? and see like you see? how can you crucify people for what they believe? how can you expect someone to see eye to eye with you if you are looking down on them?
laugh.gif

I don't understand how NTers expect people to take in their opinions & what they're saying when they're looking down upon their audience (orthe people disagreeing with them) .

MOST OF THE THINGS WE KNOW IN OUR ADOLESCENT YEARS ARE THINGS TOLD TO US .

How do we know that the sky is blue ? What is blue ? Society told us that .

So how can you guys sit in here & say we basically "don't know anything"?

How do we know what we know ? How do you know what you know ?

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I completely agree, BUT what bothers me is when people claim that what they "know" is fact and feed it to people who are thirsty for any kind knowledge (truthful or not)instead of telling them to try to figure it out on their own. Sharing ideas perspectives is cool, but tryin to preach to others that what you speak is the truth isn't.
Well said.

NT23 bring up a point I've often struggled with when I was younger. I use to say, if you cant trust books what can you trust(aside from what you view and perceive in the now)?

No. I was just implying I use to think about this kind of stuff a lot more when I was younger but its coming back now.
Gotcha.

All the information you will ever get online or in a book will always be from secondhand accounts. How is one to believe anything anybody else says? It's impossible to know if it's fact or not. Unless you witness the truth firsthand, you can never assume what you think you know is the truth. I can do all the research I want but at the end of the day how am I supposed to know it's 100% true unless I've witnessed it myself?
Thats not true.

Books and online information are often first hand accounts, which people have witnessed themselves and many times you can verify that information on your own.

No. I was just implying I use to think about this kind of stuff a lot more when I was younger but its coming back now.

Just a bunch o conspiracy theories. Sadly though one of them are right. I was watching top 10 things to kill the planet or something like that and @%*$ scaredme straight....

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by BTK

all you religious buffoons are about to meetcha maker. holla.
Are you implying the "aliens" created us?
Nobody created us.........Its similar to how all birds with similar traits came from one main source..........Everything simply evolved from one main source and mutated into the things they are right now............................................Dont ask me where that came from, it just came to mind when i read that post.
You told me.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

All the information you will ever get online or in a book will always be from secondhand accounts. How is one to believe anything anybody else says? It's impossible to know if it's fact or not. Unless you witness the truth firsthand, you can never assume what you think you know is the truth. I can do all the research I want but at the end of the day how am I supposed to know it's 100% true unless I've witnessed it myself?
Thats not true.

Books and online information are often first hand accounts, which people have witnessed themselves and many times you can verify that information on your own.

What if they're lying?

Its all the same. It all goes back to what makes the most sense to you I guess.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Fact: you only know what you can prove. YOU can only PROVE something that came into existence from the beginning of YOUR existence. For example.. if YOU were born in 1980, YOU can only prove what happened from 1980 forward. EVERYTHING ELSE...is based on what other people have told you. How do you know there weren't dinosaurs walking around earth in 1975? I say it's possible. You think I'm crazy for saying that...but how do you know? WERE YOU THERE?

Now who's crazy?

I'm going to leave it at that.

Well, if you become a super smart scientist and understand how carbon dating works, you can probably deduce that the dinosaur probably died a lot longer than before 1975.
wth.. so your telling me if i had a baby now. and i tell him about 9/11. i cant prove to him that planes hit the buildings? since he was bornafter 9/11. i can use things to prove to him that its true, like newspapers, videos.. etc..

Thats not true.

It's a firsthand account to the author but not to the one reading.

But I should have been more specific. I was referring to topics like the Illuminati. How are we supposed to believe anything we read about them when we reallycan't prove it ourselves. At the end of the end of the day you can go out and do all the research you want but you can never be 100% sure it's fact.It's all conspiracy theories.

Thats not true.

What if they're lying?

I think I'd rather believe something someone says from <10 years ago & passed down ,

in comparison to 2000 years & passed down .

That's why this is all a pull-and-pull game , what do we know what is the truth or what is lies ?

That's all on personal judgment , that's why it's hard to differentiate these things , it %%*@! with your mind .

Thats not true.

But a huge problem with the internet is the availability to say anything you want, factual or not, and have people take it as gospel. This leadsto a number of people being deceived. Obviously it goes both ways, whether it be the people in power or those who are against the people in power, it is mucheasier to do than it was, say, 70 years ago.

My comment about YouTube goes hand in hand with this as well. People watch videos on YouTube of people making ridiculous claims, and take it as fact. Anexample would be the videos about the FEMA Camps. While this can be done on the TV and Radio, people who use these outlets are usually more intelligent thansome fool with Photoshop, a digital camera, and a microphone.

Thats not true.

What if they're lying?
I think I'd rather believe something someone says from <10 years ago & passed down ,

in comparison to 2000 years & passed down .

That's a problem too. You'd rather believe someone just because the information is more recent? Your beliefs should be based on whatyou've witnessed or experienced not on what you've been told.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

in the end... does it even matter?
ohwell.gif
Im not looking down on anyone, Im soaking up every post I like these kinds of threads 'cause like you said it can be enlightening. Im verymuch a skeptic of everything so I tend to ask questions when questions arent needed sometimes. but the rebuttal I had towards Chi Ill was not an attack oranything I just felt she was talking down religious people who follow "facts" taught to them without doing their own research or thinking forthemselves. I found that ironic and had to comment. Aliens, UFOs always facinated me I've seen UFOs multiple times but I've also seen spirits so Ibelieve in an afterlife. I also dont understand the notion that proof of Aliens is going to destroy religion. As far as Im concern angels are what we calledaliens, Or maybe aliens are us in the future. I do my own independent thinking and I wish everyone else would too instead of beliveing people like Alex Jones,Peter Joseph they are masters of deception persuasion.

Dig this....you have to look at life through your own lens.

Keep an open mind, read from as many different sources and possible, give things a chance even if they sound different, use your own intuition, do your ownfirsthand experimentation and verification and you'll at least be on the the path to enlightenment.

With so much information out there today it can be overwhelming, especially when some of it spits in the face of what you base your reality on.....but takethings slowly, chew on your information, savor the taste, use your logic and your experience and decide if its for you. If you do ingest, give it time todigest and allow it to give you some type of tangible sustenance.

The journey for truth and can be extremely rewarding and fulfilling but if you are eating up everything that you are served you will get sick...and ifyou're standing back mocking others while they humbly try out different dishes that may look weird or scary to you....you'll starve to death, mockingothers while they look back at you with pity.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

his immediate was response (to our reason for existance) was "thats blasphemy". I had to re iterate my stance for sharing that type of information, that type of knowledge isn't easy to digest even the slightest bit.
Imagine how the world would react?

Imagine in places like the middle east where they kill over religion...The world would tear itself apart because people's entire belief systems would crumble.

remember the matrix?

"We never free a mind once it's reached a certain age"

that movie was more than special effects and cool pop culture references. the meaning is so true.

Back
Top Bottom