VIKINGS WAIVE RANDY MOSS [Claimed by the TITANS]

Not sure if posted but here's what Bruschi wrote:

I don't understand why the Vikings apparently cut ties with Randy Moss on Monday. Were they disappointed in how he was playing? Or was it his postgame news conference after the loss to the Patriots on Sunday? He gave a lot of love to New England in that news conference and let me tell you why.

Moss spent three-plus years with Belichick as his coach, then he spent three-plus weeks with Brad Childress. He sees the difference. He saw the difference between Belichick and the Patriot way of doing things and Childress and the Viking way of doing things. That's what he did not like.

The way that it's being done right now is what I'm upset about. You don't do this to Randy Moss. This is one of the best receivers ever to play football. You don't just release him on a whim like this after some postgame news conference and one bad performance. Look at the way New England "released" him: They traded him and got a third-round pick. I was a third-round pick.

It just shows how inept Childress is as a head coach and how inept the Vikings are as an organization. When the trade happened, Belichick called an unscheduled news conference, which is something he never does, to praise Randy Moss, called him a Hall of Fame player and thanked him for all of the service that he gave to the Patriots. If Childress is using this to make a statement to his team about the right way of doing things, he lost his opportunity. If he's trying to send a message, this is the wrong way to do it.

Some Viking players on board with dumping Moss

Profootballtalk.com

Though initial reports suggests that Vikings players generally disagreed with the decision to cut Randy Moss, Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that, when coach Brad Childress explained the situation to the team, "several" nodded approval.

Though Randy's bizarre post-game press conference on Sunday was likely the catalyst for change, Silver reports that "Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team's locker room last Friday afternoon."

Moss, per Silver, berated workers from a local restaurant that catered the team's Friday afternoon meal.

"What the [expletive]?" Moss reportedly said.  "Who ordered this crap?  I wouldn't feed this to my dog!"

Here's how an eyewitness explained the situation to Silver:  "It was brutal.  The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that.  It was such an uncomfortable moment.  You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small?  That's what it was like being there.

"This wasn't a chain - it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff.  They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it.  And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.'  You just felt so sad for them.  I had never seen anyone treated like that.

"And by the way, the food was actually really good."

This kind of stuff is old hat for Moss, when his true nature isn't otherwise suppressed by playing on a team that is chasing a championship.  The Vikings experienced the behavior during his first stint with the team, when he berated key sponsors on a team bus. 

That's why, even though Childress may have made the right call, Childress should be blamed for bringing Moss to town in the first place.  They knew or should have known that the guy is/was/always will be trouble.  And now they've handed to the Patriots a third-round draft pick for the privilege of re-learning in a month something that the organization previously had seven seasons to figure out.

Profootballtalk.com

Though initial reports suggests that Vikings players generally disagreed with the decision to cut Randy Moss, Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports that, when coach Brad Childress explained the situation to the team, "several" nodded approval.

Though Randy's bizarre post-game press conference on Sunday was likely the catalyst for change, Silver reports that "Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team's locker room last Friday afternoon."

Moss, per Silver, berated workers from a local restaurant that catered the team's Friday afternoon meal.

"What the [expletive]?" Moss reportedly said.  "Who ordered this crap?  I wouldn't feed this to my dog!"

Here's how an eyewitness explained the situation to Silver:  "It was brutal.  The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that.  It was such an uncomfortable moment.  You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small?  That's what it was like being there.

"This wasn't a chain - it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff.  They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it.  And [Moss] is at his locker saying, 'You know, I used to have to eat that crap -- but now I've got money.'  You just felt so sad for them.  I had never seen anyone treated like that.

This kind of stuff is old hat for Moss, when his true nature isn't otherwise suppressed by playing on a team that is chasing a championship.  The Vikings experienced the behavior during his first stint with the team, when he berated key sponsors on a team bus. 

That's why, even though Childress may have made the right call, Childress should be blamed for bringing Moss to town in the first place.  They knew or should have known that the guy is/was/always will be trouble.  And now they've handed to the Patriots a third-round draft pick for the privilege of re-learning in a month something that the organization previously had seven seasons to figure out.

ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Profootballtalk.com

eek.gif
if true.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Profootballtalk.com

eek.gif
if true.

I think it is funny how some dudes in this thread say he is a physical receiver.  He is one of the least physical receivers in the league, jam him on the line and he isn't doing anything.  Sure he is a good deep threat, but beyond that he doesn't do anything for a team.
I've been saying this for years.

He clearly likes playing in New England and in no way is it going to hurt the team by taking him back... He can go back to drawing double teams and Welker will beast in the slot again.

Just another example of how you and everybody else knows and or should know that Randy Moss is Wes Welker's meal ticket.

I think it is funny how some dudes in this thread say he is a physical receiver.  He is one of the least physical receivers in the league, jam him on the line and he isn't doing anything.  Sure he is a good deep threat, but beyond that he doesn't do anything for a team.
I've been saying this for years.

He clearly likes playing in New England and in no way is it going to hurt the team by taking him back... He can go back to drawing double teams and Welker will beast in the slot again.

Just another example of how you and everybody else knows and or should know that Randy Moss is Wes Welker's meal ticket.

After watchin folks post game interview...man I would have cut dude that night! FOH

I don't care about what skills he has when it comes to him making snide remarks and comments during the interview and massive sack riding of the Patriots while he is a viking is absolute disrespect.

Dude is sitting at the podium talking about what he is not gone do n say...i'm like "huh? bruh go sit ya %*$ down or go back to the Patriots with that crap" Glad the Vikings had the balls to let this clown go. I uesed to lightweight like Moss but after that interview...i'm cool.

If he is such a Patriot homer and heartbroken then I agree with the cut and now he is free to try to back. Job well done by the vikings in that manner.

Yeah Childress' coaching is suspect and whatever else but as a supposed teammate you cannot try to front on the organization and your fellow teammates n coaches like that, smh

Moss is suffering from a classic case of not knowing how to shut the fugg up n play

After watchin folks post game interview...man I would have cut dude that night! FOH

I don't care about what skills he has when it comes to him making snide remarks and comments during the interview and massive sack riding of the Patriots while he is a viking is absolute disrespect.

Dude is sitting at the podium talking about what he is not gone do n say...i'm like "huh? bruh go sit ya %*$ down or go back to the Patriots with that crap" Glad the Vikings had the balls to let this clown go. I uesed to lightweight like Moss but after that interview...i'm cool.

If he is such a Patriot homer and heartbroken then I agree with the cut and now he is free to try to back. Job well done by the vikings in that manner.

Yeah Childress' coaching is suspect and whatever else but as a supposed teammate you cannot try to front on the organization and your fellow teammates n coaches like that, smh

Moss is suffering from a classic case of not knowing how to shut the fugg up n play

That was straight unnecessary for Randy to say, disrepectful as hell.

I wouldn't cut him over it though. Reprimand him yes, but cut him? 

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Hella disrespectful

I felt it was just to draw the line with this dude...you give him an inch n he'll try to bury you 6 feet deep with nonsense plus it is no telling what lack of effort he would have displayed in the next game.

Hella disrespectful

I felt it was just to draw the line with this dude...you give him an inch n he'll try to bury you 6 feet deep with nonsense plus it is no telling what lack of effort he would have displayed in the next game.

This. I'm sure there are plenty of locker room rants that players have gone off on and it'd make Randy's look like child's play.

This. I'm sure there are plenty of locker room rants that players have gone off on and it'd make Randy's look like child's play.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Got cut for not liking the carving station?

That's what I'm thinking.  Was it a #%%$@* up thing to do/say?  Of course.  Worthy of being cut?  I'm not buying it.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Got cut for not liking the carving station?

That's what I'm thinking.  Was it a #%%$@* up thing to do/say?  Of course.  Worthy of being cut?  I'm not buying it.

laugh.gif
He didnt get cut for a carving station.

It was one player giving an example of Moss acting like a 14 year old again when he was probably asked for any examples by the writer. Some players might get sick of Moss' effort on the field, some might get sick of his attitude off the field, and some don't care either way. At the end of the day Childress made the call and I'm sure several players were cool with that cause he was only here for a month and had dang near zero impact.

laugh.gif
He didnt get cut for a carving station.

It was one player giving an example of Moss acting like a 14 year old again when he was probably asked for any examples by the writer. Some players might get sick of Moss' effort on the field, some might get sick of his attitude off the field, and some don't care either way. At the end of the day Childress made the call and I'm sure several players were cool with that cause he was only here for a month and had dang near zero impact.

Back
Top Bottom