Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Tmobile didn't even have 4G yet

They have 4g, just no LTE. For all those considering tmobile i say go for it. I came from at&t with an iphone 4 having only 3g speeds. Coverage and data speeds were garbage and i'm in Los Angeles. Switched to the Gnex and Tmobile's $30 monthly plan and i'm getting consistent 3-6 mbps data speeds around LA which is much faster than the 1mb speeds i was getting with at&t. $30 a month opposed to $68 with at&t. No contracts, no ********, etc. Couldn't be happier with the service and i'm saving money every month. I will probably never sign another cell phone contract ever cause the money saved is huge.

That new Nexus 10 is looking :pimp: looks like i'll be copping one for my parents for christmas.

Last edited:
just peeped the $50 thing with tmobile. looks like a family plan only thing
You have to go to the T-Mobile prepaid website.

They don't have unlimited data though. I prefer to buy Nexus devices anyway. So I'm just cutting out the middle man.

What's the point of unlimited data when it's unusable.
i have t-mobile and they do have unlimited data with zero caps, i have a plan though, no contract.

I just switched to Tmobile from ATT and couldn't be happier. Cut my bill damn near in half and 4g is plenty for me. It is worth noting tmobile plans on launching LTE services in late 2013 from what I was told. 

I'm interested in the Nexus 4, but I was just curious:

1. It has no SD slots, correct¿

2. I remember a lot of folks dissing LG phones before. Why is that¿

1. Correct.
2. Before they loaded up their phones with disgusting useless software and build quality was meh. Now google controls what software is on the device & build quality looks good.

glad i got the note 2, that nexus looks like garbage

no expandable memory :x

no 4g :x

Last edited:
Now I'm compelled with Nexus 4. Put me down for the 16gb model. The Nexus 10 give me one of those too. I'm really liking how Google and the Android team is taking Android to even higher heights in getting amazing affordable devices to consumer hands.

1. Correct.
2. Before they loaded up their phones with disgusting useless software and build quality was meh. Now google controls what software is on the device & build quality looks good.

Thanks. I was thinking that it looked really good myself. I wish there was 32GB, but I think I could work with 16. I have a 32GB SD card now, and I'm only using maybe 8-9GB.

Also from the Verge:
Free scan and match coming to Google Music November 13th in Europe, 'soon after' for US

Offering a viable music locker in the cloud is tough when you require users to manually upload every file in their library, but thankfully that won't be the case for Google Music much longer. As part of its Google Play announcements today, the company revealed that it will finally bring scan and match functionality — already available from both Apple and Amazon — to its service starting November 13th. Matching will debut alongside Google Music in Europe for those in the U.K, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. The rollout will extend to the US "soon after" according to Google.

Google's solution works virtually identically to those offered by the competition: Google Music will scan your library for content that is available in the Google Play store, with any matches becoming instantly available for streaming (and download) without the need for uploading anything. There is one key difference however: unlike Apple, which charges an annual fee for iTunes Match, Google is providing the functionality at no cost. That means you can maintain a library of up to 20,000 songs through Google Music for absolutely free — a distinct advantage over Amazon's Cloud Player which maxes out at a measly 250 songs unless you decide to pay for more storage.

It remains to be seen whether Google's implementation will prove more reliable than existing options: results of matching through both Apple and Amazon have been utterly inconsistent. Nor do we know if users will be able to disable matching and upload files in the old manner to avoid those headaches — something Apple and Amazon simply won't let you do.

I always wondered exactly how this worked. Google scans the library on your phone, on your computer, or both¿

Last edited:
i have cdma sprint version.
the battery life surprisingly is pretty great. it can easily last the whole day comfortably
didnt really get to test the battery yet, but will test it more monday

Bruhh!!! Caint wait til my Sprint store restocks on da Note2s, that *** is OD big and i love it :wow:

Nexus 4 looks great, love the glassed hologram back, but the bezel is kinda of a turnoff. Nexus 10... ehh, not so much. I don't care how you spin it Duarte, plastic is PLASTIC. It's cheap. Light weight? Obviously, durable, yes, but STILL cheap.

Nexus 4 looks great, love the glassed hologram back, but the bezel is kinda of a turnoff. Nexus 10... ehh, not so much. I don't care how you spin it Duarte, plastic is PLASTIC. It's cheap. Light weight? Obviously, durable, yes, but STILL cheap.

I love the look of the Nexus 4 but ima pass though for the Note 2.

Plastic may me cheap but i'd prefer that > metal and glass, plus it's more durable.

Nexus 4 for 350 bucks is an excellent price. I'm gonna need some hands on time with it to see if it's worth ditching my Galaxy nexus. No LTE is a not much of a factor because the prepaid plans where I am don't offer it anyway. If the tmobile coverage wasn't so damn poor out here I'd hop all over it with the Nexus 4 or my GNex

I had my mind set on the Note 2, but now...
tired.gif

So obviously I can't get the Nexus doesn't work on Verizon?

Just gonna wait for the note 2 then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom