Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How you liking it?
Absolutely love the Note 2. Beast of a phone, and if you don't mind the size, I don't see any realistic cons with it. I personally never use my phone as an actual 'phone' anyways, as I'm constantly texting, email, web browsing, etc. So the size is a non-issue for me, I love the expanded real estate on my screen for doing everything than else than actually talking on it. Plus, if I really wanted to talk on it, I'd just invest in a nice bt headset.

Last edited:
Honestly, those on LTE, how much data are you all using monthly? And is the high speed truly necessary? I considered moving to Verizon strictly for LTE but I just can't justify the price. What are you all doing on your smart phones that makes LTE type speeds necessary? I don't need 50Mbps speed to buffer a netflix movie..
CDMA(Verizon and Sprint) users NEED LTE.

3G speeds on Verizon and Sprint are terrible compared to T-Mobile and ATT. 

Absolutely love the Note 2. Beast of a phone, and if you don't mind the size, I don't see any realistic cons with it. I personally never use my phone as an actual 'phone' anyways, as I'm constantly texting, email, web browsing, etc. So the size is a non-issue for me, I love the expanded real estate on my screen for doing everything than else than actually talking on it. Plus, if I really wanted to talk on it, I'd just invest in a nice bt headset.

Nice. I multi window working?
I'm still stuck here waiting on VZWs version

If you plan on signing another two year contract with at&t i wouldn't even bother with the nexus 4. Cop the Note 2, Optimus G, or S3. All three have LTE if that's what you're looking for. Don't get updates as soon as they're out like you would with a nexus device but if you don't mind than i would go with one of the three phones i just mentioned.

LTE isn't a deal breaker is what I meant. What I like most about the iPhone and Nexus is that they're unskinned and work the way Apple and Google intended for them to work respectively. Also that they both get updates right when they come out. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for your input.

Honestly, those on LTE, how much data are you all using monthly? And is the high speed truly necessary? I considered moving to Verizon strictly for LTE but I just can't justify the price. What are you all doing on your smart phones that makes LTE type speeds necessary? I don't need 50Mbps speed to buffer a netflix movie..

makes sense
i love tmo :pimp: good prices on their plans too

Last edited:
I think it's an awesome deal if you want to go straight talk or something similar, ^ after reading that article "no LTE" sounds like another plus to me especially if you're concern with updates. I don't have LTE but I don't know pple who rave about it....

I think it's an awesome deal if you want to go straight talk or something similar, ^ after reading that article "no LTE" sounds like another plus to me especially if you're concern with updates. I don't have LTE but I don't know pple who rave about it....

Yeah i think where nexus devices really shine is when you go unlocked and go with tmobile pay as you go, straight talk, solavei, simple mobile, etc.

Last edited:
ATT 3g speeds were complete basura when i had them so if that's quicker i can't even imagine 3g on cdma networks.

depends on the city your in. ATT 3g is horrid when your in over populated cities like NYC because the voice and data goes over the same channel, so people being on the phone and using data can bog down the network, while CDMA yea its slower and yea you cant use voice and data at same time, but you dont have to worry about heavy pop cities destroying your data speads. Heck try to use an ATT phone at a sporting event, its unusable literally.

LTE can handle the load much better and right now ATT doesnt have many people on their LTE network compared to a VZW so in alot of cities you can get 40mb down but when the network is full you will be avg 10-15 mb down

LG and Google Announce the Nexus 4, Available November 13

Key specifications
• Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon[emoji]8482[/emoji] S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs
• Operating System: Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
• Network: 3G (WCDMA), HSPA+
• Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels)
• Memory: 8GB / 16GB
• RAM: 2GB
• Camera: 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP HD front
• Battery: 2,100mAh Li-Polymer (embedded) / Talk time: 15.3 hours / Standby: 390 hours
• Size: 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm
• Weight: 139g
• Other: Wireless charging, NFC

does this mean the battery isn't replaceable? :smh:

same could be said for those wanting faster processors just to open angry birds faster

i was on verizon lte in houston for 3 weeks before i canceled and took my iphone back to my unlimited tmobile account
heres the BEST speed test result i got under lte, no other test came close to that
13.26 mbps down 2.72 up ping 58

tmobile is edge speeds but they are opening those towers and theres a few surrounding my hood already but not in my neighborhood so at my house (where im on wifi im on edge)
heres the BEST but consistently the same result i got on tmobiles 3g tower close to home
9.96 mbps down 3.70 up ping 29

verizon lte was nothing special for me in houston, i kept my tmobile unlimited plan open while i tried verizon out bill was way expensive for 1 line, would be different if i could add my other lines and have the bill be the same which is what i thought that shared crap they do is, but no they charge 40$ extra per every smartphone and 30$ for every dumb phone :lol:

i pay 112$ for 3 lines on tmobile, all have myfavs, unlimited text, mobile to mobile, and my line has unlimited data for 20$

tmobile forever!

Last edited:
was looking into the note 2 when it came out but these tmobile reps are turning me away from it saying that i need to change my grandfathered g1 unlimited data plan to their newer, more expensive $30 unlimited data plan and that's without texting. also said that i won't be getting "4G speeds" if i don't change my data plan which i'm pretty sure is BS.

nexus 4 might be the phone for me since it'll be around the same price as the note 2 and i'll be able to keep my plan without having to deal with the BS tmo gives me. i also have insurance on my line, will it cover the nexus 4 since it's not sold by tmo? i've been searching online and some have said no since it's not directly offered through google and some have said yes but won't be replaced with another nexus device

And that is why a GSM phone that uses both ATT and Tmobile bands doesn't need LTE,  the 3G speeds are great.

CDMA carriers need LTE because their 3G sucks

It's funny seeing iphone users use LTE as a knock against the Nexus 4 when they JUST got it and 95% have never used it because it's not widely available at all.

HSPA+ is more than enough for GSM phones.

Last edited:
Nexus 4 WILL have LTE, just not this (year) version.

There will be an LTE Verizon, AT&T and Sprint version coming out next year.

LTE versions are just speculations @ the moment.
I guess they waiting for the Nexus 4S. 
laugh.gif

was looking into the note 2 when it came out but these tmobile reps are turning me away from it saying that i need to change my grandfathered g1 unlimited data plan to their newer, more expensive $30 unlimited data plan and that's without texting. also said that i won't be getting "4G speeds" if i don't change my data plan which i'm pretty sure is BS.
nexus 4 might be the phone for me since it'll be around the same price as the note 2 and i'll be able to keep my plan without having to deal with the BS tmo gives me. i also have insurance on my line, will it cover the nexus 4 since it's not sold by tmo? i've been searching online and some have said no since it's not directly offered through google and some have said yes but won't be replaced with another nexus device

I read somewhere that T-Mobile will be offering the nexus 4 on contract for 200$

I read somewhere that T-Mobile will be offering the nexus 4 on contract for 200$

yup :pimp:

i think if you buy your nexus 4 from tmo instead of google tmos insurance will cover it
im not sure if tmo will cover it if you buy it unlocked from google
i could be wrong though

http://bgr.com/2012/10/29/nexus-4-nexus-10-release-date/

Surprise, surprise. It looks like Hurricane Sandy can’t hold Google (GOOG) down, as the company has just gone ahead and unveiled the Nexus 4 smartphone and Nexus 10 tablet even though its press conference was canceled. Nexus 4 specs include a 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display with 1,280 x 768-pixel resolution, an 8-megapixel camera, a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 8GB or 16GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. The phone starts at a shockingly affordable $299 without any contract or subsidies, and it will launch in the United States on November 13th.

The Samsung (005930)-built Nexus 10 tablet sports a 2,560 x 1,600-pixel display with a pixel density of 300 PPI, a dual-core 1.7GHz Samsung Exynos chipset, 2GB of RAM, NFC and a 5-megapixel camera. Pricing starts at $399 with 16GB of storage and tops out at $499 for the 32GB model, and both will launch on November 13th alongside the Nexus 4.

Both devices will be available through the Google Play store beginning November 13th, and the Nexus 4 will be available from T-Mobile with 16GB of internal storage for $199.99 on contract beginning November 14th.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom