• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://gizmodo.com/5909262/how-to-use-android

Apps:
Dropbox (Storage)
Rocket Music Player/Poweramp Music Player
Falcon Pro/Carbon (Twitter clients)
iSyncr (helps sync iTunes library)
Noozxoide EIZO-rewire (Sound enhancer; one of the best apps out there plus it's free - have to navigate to Sound -> Music Effects in Settings to activate it)
Google Chrome (Web browser - also recommend Opera, Firefox and Dolphin Browser HD)
AirDroid (transfer files to and from computer to your phone through Wi-Fi)
Chomp SMS (3rd party SMS client - also recommend Handcent and GO SMS Pro)

Repped. Thank you sir!

Made the switch from Handcent to the new app Textra for my SMS app.  Its way faster, smoother, and looks way cleaner.  Handcent always looked ugly and out of place on my phone and was slow as  ****.  Try it out

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

Props for this app. Been looking for a chomp sms alternative since they never update the app. How does this one handle group messaging?

I'll give this a shot. Handcent was my favorite out of the top 3 (Handcent, Chomp & GoSMS), but still generally hated it :lol:

Looks like Textra is from the same devs as Chomp though :\

Made the switch from Handcent to the new app Textra for my SMS app.  Its way faster, smoother, and looks way cleaner.  Handcent always looked ugly and out of place on my phone and was slow as  ****.  Try it out

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

Props for this app. Been looking for a chomp sms alternative since they never update the app. How does this one handle group messaging?
I'm using GoSMS right now, but gonna give that app a try.

Last edited:
Yeah for whatever reason I haven't tried any 3rd party SMS apps until recently. Tried the major ones but wasn't blown away.. But I'm trying Textra now

[h1]HTC’s upcoming 5-inch+ phone is codenamed T6, multiple carrier versions spotted[/h1]
by Bogdan Petrovan  on May 27, 2013 7:32 am
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]7[/color]

htc-logo-aa.jpg

After a well-known leaker revealed the codename of HTC’s future Galaxy Note competitor, more clues about the upcoming smartphone have been uncovered.

Rumors about an upcoming supersized smartphone from HTC have been doing the rounds for a while now. Most recently, we’ve heard about a device featuring a 5 to 6 inches display, that is supposedly similar to the successful HTC One in terms of specifications.

Now we have a new piece of the puzzle. First, @evleaks, the notorious mobile industry insider that has supplied accurate information on many devices before, tweeted the following:

The codename of the device doesn’t tell us much. Some have speculated that the “6” in “T6” could stand for the size of the display (6-inches), but I find it a bit improbable. The HTC One, with its 4.7-inch screen, was codenamed M7, while a supposed Mini version of the One goes by the name of M4. While HTC may certainly go crazy with a 6-inch device (Samsung  and Huawei  have already done it, Sony isrumored to do it), there’s simply not enough evidence for now to correlate the codename with the size of the display.

A Japanese site dedicated to HTC has uncovered references to several versions of the T6, seemingly differentiated by their cellular connectivity.

From the looks of it, HTC is gearing up to launch the T6 globally, offering compatibility with multiple standards:
  • T6_UL: cassiopeia Communication system: GSM / WCDMA / LTE
  • T6_U: columba Communication system: GSM / WCDMA
  • T6_ULA: delphinus Communication system: GSM / WCDMA / LTE
  • T6_WL: crater Communication method: GSM/WCDMA/CDMA2000/LTE
  • T6_WHL: eridanus Communication method: GSM/WCDMA/CDMA2000/LTE
HTC was reported last week to have sold almost five million units  of the flagship HTC One, but given the exodus of executives and engineers going on at the company, the embattled company will need more to stay afloat. Will a competitor to the Galaxy Note 2, like this T6 shapes out to be, be the solution?

Having a issue with my gnex from the play store

All of a sudden the speaker started acting weird.

The speaker doesn't work for any media at all

On a phone call it only works on speaker phone, if I take it off speaker we can't hear each other at all so my mic doesn't work either

I get phone call and text email alerts and media works with headphones

I called Google and they told me to call Samsung, Samsung wants me to send it in but that's the last thing I want to do.

A battery pull did nothing to help, anybody ever had this issue before and know a solution? Thanks
Roms or Stock? If stock then reset the phone if not then zap a rom on it

2 questions,

1) Using Google Access, if I decide to cancel after the free trial will the music I added to my playlist get removed?
2) When doing a fresh install for roms are you guys wiping system as well?

2 questions,

1) Using Google Access, if I decide to cancel after the free trial will the music I added to my playlist get removed?
2) When doing a fresh install for roms are you guys wiping system as well?

1. Yes because your no longer paying for access to those songs
2. I did but you can back it them.

Gotta question...my son's mother and I both have S3's on ATT but on hers, she can see Iphone's emojis but I can't on mine. They only show up as a lil box. She said it could be an app she downloaded but she's not sure. Anyone know why mine won't?

Gotta question...my son's mother and I both have S3's on ATT but on hers, she can see Iphone's emojis but I can't on mine. They only show up as a lil box. She said it could be an app she downloaded but she's not sure. Anyone know why mine won't?

I'm not sure if the Galaxy phones are the same way, but my N4 had a different Android keyboard installed in addition to the standard one. I think it was iWnn IME or something like that.

Last edited:
I got chomp sms yesterday because the group SMS with Go SMS pro is too poor, I cant stand the double message thing and when multiple people are sending messages at once its a disaster. The one in Chomp was sending messages to their phones individually as opposed to the group so now I'm trying Textra which seems to work just the way I want it to. Chomp looks better though but I'll get over that.

Just discovered that Textra has that issue where you cant have emojis in a text that goes over one page, going back to chomp. My stock app supports group text so I'll just use that

Last edited:
Going to test out Textra. Really liking the interface...Hopefully all the features will be just as nice. I felt that Go SMS lagged and the double notification I'd receive in a group text was pretty annoying. But as long as I'm able to group text in one thread and use Emoji's, then I'm all good.

For textra, is there a way to get pop-up notifications like so?

Textra's interface is clean, kinda choppy animation switching through screens, but not bad so far. Only other complain is the thread list is too wide for my liking and needs to be compacted. I can only see 6 threads on one page.

Last edited:
For textra, is there a way to get pop-up notifications like so?

Textra's interface is clean, kinda choppy animation switching through screens, but not bad so far. Only other complain is the thread list is too wide for my liking and needs to be compacted. I can only see 6 threads on one page.
Any changes you wanna see/feature requests, just comment on the App in the Play Store.  They read all the comments and sometimes comment back.  Its still a beta app from a small developer so its being tweaked and features added.  I just randomly happened upon it when I was looking to get rid of my laggy *** Handcent and saw that it had 5 stars lol.  Not disappointed yet.

Back
Top Bottom