• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h1]The HTC One 'Google Edition' is official![/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | May 30 2013 | 11:47 am  | 139 COMMENTS

ge-m7.png

[h3]HTC One with Nexus User Experience arriving June 26 for $599[/h3]
It's been reported since last week, but now it's official -- in addition to the the 'Google Edition' Samsung Galaxy S4, Google will offer an HTC One  running its 'Nexus user experience' software -- that's vanilla/stock Android to the rest of  us.

Android boss Sundar Pichai revealed the news on-stage at the D11 conference, saying it runs the same core UI as Nexus devices. The 'Google Edition' HTC One, he says, will hit Google Play on June 26, priced at $599. It'll run on AT&T and T-Mobile in the U.S. Pichai also mentioned that the Nexus line will continue alongside these 'Google Edition' handsets.

So now that it's all official, who's planning on picking up Google's HTC One? Or will you be sticking with the HTC version, or even the Google Edition GS4? Share your thoughts down in the comments!

Update:  Google's Hugo Barra has followed up with an official render, and says the HTC One with Nexus User Experience will come with Beats Audio. HTC's official statement on the device confirms the launch date, and the fact that it ships with Android 4.2.2 and will get updates straight from Google.

Source: Engadget liveblog+Hugo BarraHTC

HTC Statement:
A special edition of the new HTC One running stock Android will be exclusively available through the Google Play store in the United States starting on June 26th.  This edition pairs the all-metal unibody design, low-light capabilities of the UltraPixel camera and dual front-facing stereo speakers of the new HTC One with the stock version of the latest Android software, Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
It's 32GB, comes with Beats Audio, and is $50 cheaper than Nexus edition GS4.

Last edited:
so whats the difference between the "google" htc one and the htc one I copped about a month ago?

so whats the difference between the "google" htc one and the htc one I copped about a month ago?
hardware wise, nothing ...software wise ..its pure android, no bloatware or htc software just straight Android/google soft and its unlock 

and updates are handle by google, so you don't have to wait for HTC to update it 

Last edited:
you're one has the sense garbage on it while the google one will come with stock android 4.2.2
k that doesn't bother me, payed retail for mine anyway, I don't care much for the software, the htc stuff is fine with me.

no aws band love on the stock htc one 
mean.gif
.  hopefully details on this 5-6in htc t6 comes out soon.

[COLOR=#red]Tired of the OEM wars...at the end of the day people who prefer Android OS devices have something to be happy about regarding the news for the Vaniila SGS4 and HTC One.

Now I have to decide whether to get the Sense HTC One, or the Vanilla. I like some of the features on the Sense version to be honest. [/COLOR]

We've come a long way. It's funny that just 6 or 7 years ago, this was considered top of the line technology. The iphone was seriously a game changer.

This phone was a beast tho :pimp: I thought I was the man.

more rumors...hopefully some concrete info comes out soon.
[h1]HTC T6 rumored to offer 5.9-inch 1080p display, 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800  Mobile[/h1]
By Brad Molen  posted May 30th, 2013 at 2:49 PM49  

If the HTC One  is just too small for your needs, perhaps the latest rumor will perk you up: a 5.9-inch HTC device code-named the T6 is purportedly in development. Notable leakster @evleaks  has dug up a few details about this handset, and -- if true -- this is going to be one heck of a refresh to the company's premier lineup. Here's what we've heard so far: it's consistent with the One's general look, sports a 1080p display, a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset (MSM8974), BoomSound, an OIS-equipped UltraPixel camera, 2GB RAM and a 3,300mAh battery. The T6 will supposedly feature a dedicated pen / stylus as well as a biometric fingerprint scanner around the back. Curiously, it's also reported that the T6 will have a microSD slot -- an addition that would be inconsistent with HTC's current design strategy -- and will run on Android Key Lime Pie. The latter rumor seems unlikely, given the high chance that 4.3 will be a Jelly Bean release, but we suppose anything can happen between now and late summer / early fall (the T6's supposed launch timeframe). That said, all of the above rumors are making us very excited -- and hopeful -- for what HTC is cooking up, provided it still fits comfortably in our hands.

HTC is def goin hard in 2013

gimmie a One with a 5" 1080p screen and a 13mp camera, unlocked bootloader and you can take my money

Is that stock HTC one about to be worth 250 more than the nexus 4?

depends on whether you need the higher res screen, additional 16gb, more horsepower & better sound quality.\
and of course htc is going hard, this is practically their last chance.

Last edited:
5.9"? I dont know if i want a screen that big, 5" screens are perfect imo.

I like the size of the HTC one a lot, but I've been using the og note for like a week and the size of this phone is about perfect for my hands. I can use it one handed like any other phone. The HTC t6 will probably be taller and narrower so I'm definitely set to cop if its real.

:x

HTC means business in 2013
[COLOR=#red]
I agree, they are going strong. And it's absolutely needed. As far as Android goes I was stannin for HTC before I would even touch a Samsung. Good to see them bringing back superior hardware. I held my OG Nexus One the other day and even back then their build quality was amazing and the G2 was also.[/COLOR]

Too bad T-Mobile won't be getting these versions directly. I don't want to pay 6-700 straight up.

:x

HTC means business in 2013
[COLOR=#red]
I agree, they are going strong. And it's absolutely needed. As far as Android goes I was stannin for HTC before I would even touch a Samsung. Good to see them bringing back superior hardware. I held my OG Nexus One the other day and even back then their build quality was amazing and the G2 was also.[/COLOR]

Repped for the G2 shoutout. That's still one of my favorite phones. Maybe that's why I'm still holding onto it... :lol: :wow:

If you can afford to upgrade every 2 years at $600 a shot (for the HTC One), you can afford to upgrade every 14 months at $350 a shot (for the Nexus 4).

This is of course assuming they depreciate at the same rate, etc.

Back
Top Bottom