• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I suppose I should go ahead and root my S4... Had my S2 rooted... Doesn't it void warranty?

It does void warranty but just unroot if you ever need to use your warranty. Ive never had any issues using the warranty and I rooted every phone I had.

There is always a way to unroot. The only phone I was never able to put back to stock was the Nexus One with the unlocked bootloader.

Ugh, I hate Handcent cause I don't like my messages popping up on the screen...

Get your fambs on Hangouts. I'm working on getting all my peeps using Hangouts for cross collaboration :pimp:

SMS/Google Voice ish is coming so I ain't eem mad.

Verizon needs to quit playing around and announce a definite release date for the HTC One already. Considered the S4 but after playing with it at the Verizon store, not as impressed as I was when I first came across the S3. Time to leave the iPhone world, been lurking this thread for some time, thanks for all the info.

VZW doesnt want a defective product plain and simple. They go super hard on testing devices before launching. Heck HTC isnt even admitting there is an issue with the camera glass cracking by itself that many are complaining about.

HTC x Verizon :x :smh: word to

htc-thunderbolt-review-22.jpg

Last edited:
Sup guys. I currently have a 16gb ip4s with sprint and don't want to extend my contract. Someone wants to trade his HTC One with my phone plus 250 on my end. Do you guys think its a fair deal. We're with sprint btw

Sup guys. I currently have a 16gb ip4s with sprint and don't want to extend my contract. Someone wants to trade his HTC One with my phone plus 250 on my end. Do you guys think its a fair deal. We're with sprint btw

sounds about right, Sprint iphones have the worst resale value. Sprint iPhone 4s go for about 350 on ebay, I would talk him down to about 150-200 then you could come out getting fair value.

so im up for an upgrade for tmobile. i log onto the website to peep the phones and i see no phones discounted. called the rep and was told they dont offer discounts anymore on upgrades but instead they offer installments at retail..which was better according to them...whaaaaaaa!

not sure why tmobile would do that...looks like ill be going to best buy. im looking that the note 2.

Where have you been for the last 2.5 months to not have heard about this?

That's how we roll now, if you have any questions about it DM me, I work for T-Mobile

Man just go into settings and disable popup messages & voila!!

I can't ever get use to anything besides swype, swiftkey just didn't do it for me.

my simple *** home screen

Anybody else having issues with the GS4 wifi? its very slow and disconnects and re connects by itself. 

[h1]'Google Edition' Sony Xperia Z coming soon[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jun 07 2013 | 5:18 am  | 42 COMMENTS

xperia-z-feb-23.jpg

[h3]Sony Mobile will partner with Google to release a ‘Nexus user experience’ version of its flagship Xperia Z phone, Android Central  can confirm[/h3]
First came the Samsung Galaxy S4 "Google Edition."  Then last week brought news of the HTC One "with Nexus user experience."  In the past couple of days, rumors have been circulating that Sony will join the "Google Edition" club and release a vanilla Android phone of its own, with Romanian site AndroidGeeksbreaking the story. Today we can confirm through our own sources that the Japanese manufacturer is indeed preparing a "Google Edition" of its flagship Xperia Z  handset.

The "Google Edition" Sony Xperia Z should be sold in the U.S. through the Google Play Store later in the year, just like the two other Google Edition handsets. Being a "Nexus user experience" phone it’s very likely this new Xperia Z will benefit from speedier system updates, though we weren’t able to specifically confirm this point. (Nor could we nail down any details on possible international availability -- though we’re not holding our breath.)

The Xperia Z is Sony’s leading international handset, and it comes with an impressive spec sheet. There’s a 5-inch 1080p display, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, microSD expandability, a 13-megapixel Sony Exmor RS rear camera and IP57-rated water and dust-resistance credentials. Like all modern Sony phones the Xperia Z features on-screen keys, which makes it an ideal candidate for Googlification. (By comparison, the Galaxy S4 and HTC One have their own unique physical/capacitive button setups that stray a little further from the Android design guidelines.)

It’s unclear which software capabilities from the Sony Xperia Z will be making their way over to Google version. For instance, Sony’s own firmware includes features such as the mobile Bravia Engine, which reduces noise and boosts contrast in photos and video. And the manufacturer’s camera software incorporates an impressive "Superior Auto" shooting mode that’ll probably be absent from the barebones Android camera app in the Google variant.

Historically, Sony has been a strong supporter of the Android Open Source Project, sharing code back to the open-source repository and even releasing AOSP-based software for certain devices, including the Xperia Z. The release of a "Google Edition" Xperia Z seems a natural next step for the Japanese manufacturer, considering rivals Samsung and HTC are already getting in on the vanilla Android action.

So we’re now looking at at least three "Nexus user experience" versions of popular Android phones this summer. On the consumer side, a Xperia Z "Google Edition" means more choice for those wanting to pick up a vanilla Android phone direct from Google. For Sony, it’s another opportunity to actually sell some phones in the United States. Neither the Xperia Z nor its smaller cousin the Xperia ZL are sold on U.S. carriers at present -- though the ZL is available to buy outright through the Sony online store, and the Z is rumored to be headed to T-Mobile. Working on a shared device would also strengthen the partnership between Google and Sony.

Would you pick up a "Nexus user experience" version of the Sony Xperia Z? Shout out in the comments -- and if you want a recap of our thoughts on the Sony version, be sure to check our full review  from earlier in the year.

This is starting to line up with the rumors a while ago that each manufacturer would make their own "Nexus" device

Last edited:

Man just go into settings and disable popup messages
This.
I looked for that setting but couldn't find it. Guess I'll try it again...
Go to the home page where your list of conversations are and then hit your settings button (not sure what phone you have but its the bottom left on my S4)

Then go to Settings>Notification Settings> Uncheck "enable popup.

THat should take care of it.

NEXT LAUNCHER 3D FREE!!!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...cher-3d-free-today-with-this-code-usually-16/

Choose the Activate option, and put in "nextlauncher3d" as the account, and "appoftheday" as the code (both without the quotes). The app should be unlocked and you can play around without worrying about the trial period expiring.

good looking out.

just unlocked my free trial.

+1

Let me know what you guys think about it.

NEXT LAUNCHER 3D FREE!!!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...cher-3d-free-today-with-this-code-usually-16/

Choose the Activate option, and put in "nextlauncher3d" as the account, and "appoftheday" as the code (both without the quotes). The app should be unlocked and you can play around without worrying about the trial period expiring.

good looking out.

+1

I been messing with it for a couple days now.

its a bit confusing but its seems pretty cool.

there are alot of cool added features and widgets you can download for it..

Themes are cool, im actually using the Jellybean theme for it.

I have the Note 2 BTW.

Illl post some screen shots later.

Last edited:
NEXT LAUNCHER 3D FREE!!!

good looking out.

+1
Seems like its resource hogging like crazy on my phone right now... Not sure I can dig it.

Back
Top Bottom