• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was fine just download one file and one program plug your phone into your computer and hit the button on the program. I have twrp recovery which is also easy to install just download goo manager from the play store and it installs it for you. And right now I'm on a android 4.3 ROM Euro skank smoothest rom I've had so far.

I guess that's the problem I'm running into. I have NO idea what most of this stuff means. TWRP, Goo Manager, Euro Skank, etc., etc. I don't really know what a kernel does. I'm a pretty smart guy but I feel just dumbfounded by all the rooting terminology :lol:

It's humbling :rofl:

I guess that's the problem I'm running into. I have NO idea what most of this stuff means. TWRP, Goo Manager, Euro Skank, etc., etc. I don't really know what a kernel does. I'm a pretty smart guy but I feel just dumbfounded by all the rooting terminology :lol:

It's humbling :rofl:

Lol I'm telling you I was the sameway at first but if you just watch the YouTube vids they explain everything to you pretty much lol

Lol I'm telling you I was the sameway at first but if you just watch the YouTube vids they explain everything to you pretty much lol

I just gotta commit to it and I'll understand it. I suppose I get intimidated by how complex it seems and then never progress any further. I'm getting on XDA and I hope to visit those forums more often and do a little more reading up on the subject.

I just gotta commit to it and I'll understand it. I suppose I get intimidated by how complex it seems and then never progress any further. I'm getting on XDA and I hope to visit those forums more often and do a little more reading up on the subject.
I could give you the video I used to root mine its very simple if you want to see it

Yeah, sure if you wouldn't mind posting it. Any and all resources are helpful for me!
smile.gif

the description in the video has the link to the download file you need

No worries. I rooted it and installed TWRP. Now I'm working on understanding Titanium Backup and then I'd like to get a nice, new ROM on here by the end of the night :tongue:

I just downloaded blackmart and it says loading for a while then internet connection error. Anybody ever have this problem?

how are u guys liking the new nexus 7? im thinking of getitng one soon. dont know if i shud get 16 or 32
I am enjoying my 16gb Nexus 7. Definitely a lot better than my Kindle Fire. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to sideload books that weren't downloaded from Play Store or Kindle? I need to add books!

how are u guys liking the new nexus 7? im thinking of getitng one soon. dont know if i shud get 16 or 32
I am enjoying my 16gb Nexus 7. Definitely a lot better than my Kindle Fire. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to sideload books that weren't downloaded from Play Store or Kindle? I need to add books!

this. im going to want to use the 1080p to read some digital books that r not from play or kindle store

so I got rooted and finally got a flashed rom to work (LiquidSmooth 2.9) and it seems to be working quite well. Occasionally I'll get a message saying, "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." I had this happen earlier when I was flashing the wrong gapps package but I'm not sure why it's doing it now.

I've also noticed that it takes forever to charge the battery. is this pretty common place? thanks for the help, NT

I'd suggest posting in the ROM's thread if you haven't. You can probably get a lot more help there.

[h1]Galaxy Mega 6.3 hits AT&T, Sprint and US Cellular[/h1]
19 August, 2013 | Comments (2)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroidAT&TSprintUS Cellular

Today, Samsung has that it will be bringing its Galaxy Mega 6.3 phablet to the USA, where it will be offered by AT&T, Sprint and US Cellular.

So far AT&T is the only one to send out information regarding its release - the device will premiere on AT&T's network on August 23 for $149.99 on a two-year deal or for $24 a month on AT&T's Next program.

Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3

The Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 can entice US customers with a 6.3" 720p display, an IR Blaster, Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with TouchWiz's Air View, Multi Window, S Translator and more. The device also supports LTE speeds, which is always welcome.

Sprint  also confirmed it will carry the Galaxy Mega 6.3 but didn't disclose any specific information on dates, plans or price.

And here's an AT&T promo video of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.

You can find the AT&T press release here.

One Max looks enormous
[h1]HTC One Max leaks again, shows its fingerprint scanner[/h1]
19 August, 2013 | Comments (10)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidRumors

The Taiwanese site ePrice has got hold of a live image of the HTC One Max  posing for a family photo HTC One Mini and HTC One. The said shot reveals an HTC One Max feature that we haven't heard of so far - a fingerprint scanner.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Last week, evleaks outed an allegedly official render  of the HTC One Max, which doesn't have a fingerprint reader on its back.

This makes us think that the cool feature might just be available for select regions. Judging from the photo, the HTC One Max appears to have 3 dock connectors, which suggest that it will be getting such an accessory at launch.

The HTC One Max is rumored to come with a 5.9" 1080p display, Snapdragon 800 chipset and 64GB of built-in memory. Robert Downey Jr. is already working hard to promote  a mysterious device in HTC’s new ad campaign 'Here’s To Change' that's most probably the One Max itself.

HTC is expected to lift the curtains of the One Max in September. According to the latest rumors, we should expect the phone to hit store shelves in October
Source

so I got rooted and finally got a flashed rom to work (LiquidSmooth 2.9) and it seems to be working quite well. Occasionally I'll get a message saying, "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." I had this happen earlier when I was flashing the wrong gapps package but I'm not sure why it's doing it now.

I've also noticed that it takes forever to charge the battery. is this pretty common place? thanks for the help, NT
did you make sure to wipe dalvik and cache?

thats usually the cause

and charging depends on the kernel so try switching to a different one

checkout illusion rom if they have it for the s4

Back
Top Bottom