Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone sign up for that Theme app beta?

Being developed by Mycolorscreen I believe so it should be pretty solid.

Excited to see what it can offer.

I agree with the Max but how did they screw up the mini ? Its by far the best "mid range" device that's out there

I agree with the Max but how did they screw up the mini ? Its by far the best "mid range" device that's out there

Price.
unless you buy the mini from from AT&T directly it's around $500.
for that money you get can get a Xperia ZL or ZR if you want a smaller phone, both giving you more for your money or just spent the $100 extra for the better one.
hell the xperia sp is practically the same thing minus boomsound & sense 5 and starts at $320 which is the price I would expect for a mid range device.
------------------
Reminder

If you're like me and you got a $25 google play credit for buying an OG 2012 Nexus 7, apparently your credit expires on the 30th :frown:

Link

Last edited:
It's pretty much like buzz but much easier. Ill see what the official beta launch is like when it drops. I only have the prototype app.

I dropped my GS3 today and my SD card popped out. Popped it back in and all my pics and music vanished. :x

I dropped my GS3 today and my SD card popped out. Popped it back in and all my pics and music vanished. :x

You should consider getting Drppbox and turning on instant upload. That way any pic you take is automatically uploaded to the cloud. Also Google Play Music let's you upload 20,000 songs for free. Only downside is if you happen to have a restrictive plan

I was considering selling my note 2 for around 275 and getting the note 3 with Verizons edge program. It seems like it's essentially buying it outright, but I just spoke to a rep and he said that you would have to switch to an edge Internet package, which is 6 gigs I think. I don't want my plan to change at all since I'm grandfathered in with unlimited data.

I was considering selling my note 2 for around 275 and getting the note 3 with Verizons edge program. It seems like it's essentially buying it outright, but I just spoke to a rep and he said that you would have to switch to an edge Internet package, which is 6 gigs I think. I don't want my plan to change at all since I'm grandfathered in with unlimited data.

you already know what to do

Looks like the note 2 will have to hold me down for a little longer. Note 3 doesn't seem to impressive.

You should consider getting Drppbox and turning on instant upload. That way any pic you take is automatically uploaded to the cloud. Also Google Play Music let's you upload 20,000 songs for free. Only downside is if you happen to have a restrictive plan

Didn't know that. I'll do that from now on.

Didn't know that. I'll do that from now on.

You can also use google+ to upload pics automatically (and you can tell it to only upload when you have a wi-fi connection). Only problem is when it uploads pics that I didn't want uploaded. :nerd:

Anyone listen to podcasts? What are some of the best podcasts with nice widgets? And are there any podcasts you guys recommend?

I need that nexus 5 in my life ASAP. I'd be cool with paying $380 for a 32gb model.
:lol: naw bro...

that's gonna be the price of the 16gb MINIMUM.

Anyone listen to podcasts? What are some of the best podcasts with nice widgets? And are there any podcasts you guys recommend?

i need some ways to get the podcasts directly to my android device....

i used to have them automatically download to itunes then wait for them to upload to google play music... but that **** got too tedious..

if i can get them directly to the phone, a la itunes of the iphone... that'd be GOLDEN...

podcasts i recommened:

bill burr monday morning podcast
svp and rusillo

[h1]Lenovo Vibe Z with 1080p display, Snapdragon 800 goes official[/h1]
30 September, 2013 | Comments (10)  | Post your comment

Tags: LenovoAndroid

After announcing the Lenovo Vibe X  at IFA 2013, the company has added a second member to the Vibe family dubbed Vibe Z.

gsmarena_003.jpg

The Lenovo Vibe Z was previously known as K910 and sports a metal body and a design similar to the Vibe X, which the company hopes to appeal to the younger demographic outside China.

The Lenovo Vibe Z sports a 5.5" display of 1080p resolution. The phone is powered by the a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. As you'd imagine, this configuration runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean without problems.

gsmarena_002.jpg

At the back, there's a 13MP camera with LED flash, which is similar to the one found on the Lenovo Vibe X. At the front, there's a 5MP snapper. The phone measures just 6.9mm thick, but battery size hasn't been detailed yet.

Lenovo has announced its plans to update the device to Android 4.4 KitKat in the future. Specific plans aren't yet revealed, as isn't the pricing and availability of the Vibe Z.

Source  | Via

[h1]Leaked Nexus 5 log reveals most of the specs[/h1]
30 September, 2013 | Comments (44)  | Post your comment

Tags: LGAndroidRumors

Myce.com  got their hands on a log  from the Nexus 5  (also called LG D820 and Hammerhead) andAndroidWorld.it  dug though it. Some 133 thousand lines were searched but the reward was probably worth it - a number of interning specs for the upcoming pure-Google phone were confirmed.
gsmarena_001.jpg

Most of the stuff is no surprise – a 5" screen (actually, 4.97") with 1080p resolution, 442ppi pixel density, a Snapdragon 800 chipset with 2GB of RAM and 16GB storage (on that concrete model, there might be others with more and hopefully not less storage). The phone ran Key Lime Pie (a.k.a. Android 4.4 KitKat), build version KRS74H.

It seems that the camera has been changed to an 8MP snapper (the Nexus 4 also got a lower-res camera than the Optimus G it was based on). It's too early to tell if there will be optical image stabilization (probably not though). There's a 1.2MP front-facing camera too.

The Nexus 5 will pack dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and GPS connectivity. The model whose log file leaked ran on North American LTE bands, but we should expect a Euro version too.

Pieces of the leaked log with the salient info

The phone will have wireless charging built in and while battery capacity wasn’t in the logs, FCC docs point to a 2,300mAh unit. There will also be a full set of sensors – accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity and light sensors as well as a barometer. The FCC measured  the phone at 131.9mm tall and 68.2 mm wide, there's no info on thickness.

A case maker, SPIGEN, puts the Nexus 5 launch date at October 31, a month from now.

Thanks for the tip, Emanuele!

Source  (in Italian)

How do I turn off the text/cal alert that says "incoming text from..." and reads the number? It's weird because I never turned it on. This happened before for a few days. It just randomly started doing it then stopped randomly without any intervention from me, but I can't find a setting for it to keep it gone

Terrified over what the Nexus 5 pricing may be, particularly after how far off the rumors for and how disappointing the moto x was.

Also, I bought a Kit Kat bar and won $5 in google play credit :smile: Felt like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...

Back
Top Bottom