• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our Sammy rep came in w/ the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear. Both are pretty dope but the "leather" on the back is out of place for me. If I end up getting it I'll put a case on so its not a deal breaker to me.

[COLOR=#red]Rinse and repeat...

Next year the Nexus 6 stats will be 5.2" 4k screen, Snapdragon 900 with 11 Cores, 16 MP backlit sensor camera with even more lowlight performance. 4GB of RAM. Android 4.4.2.1.1/2 , 2900 mAH battery....and we'll be like WOW LOOK AT THOSE SPECS, while not being able to do anything more with our phones than we could in 2010.

[/COLOR]

Multicultural-Obama-handshakes_original.gif

/beensayingthis

Not to start something, but you both would go ahead and throw the iPhone in this category as well right? What do they change other than the camera, processor, pixels, and/or RAM? I guess I will hear about the fingerprint scanner for this year's model.

And I have had and used both systems before I get called a fanboy. I just like to keep things even and play the devil's advocate sometimes. :D

Agreed. Why don't you guys stick to the original SGS if you feel that way?

apple HARDLY had to make changes to cash in big time for each release. case in point, didn't they just set a record with their iphone 5S? that phone literally will not operate ios7 any faster than the 5. only big changes is a camera and a fingerprint scanner. that is all. but apple is way too hyped so they'll cash in anyways.

samsung (example) just takes android and tries to copy and 1up apple. just look at their touchwiz UI, their home button bs, now they are gonna produce a gold galaxy phone. oh and octa core.

you could run windows with quad core power wtf u need that to run a simple mobile OS like android, let a lone EIGHT cores?

im just repeating myself at this point, im just pointing out a lot of people, even in this thread is buying into the specs marketing gimmick. which is funny, because if a saleperson tried to push that lingo out to a typical customer, that customer is just gonna be like :stoneface: "so...its fast?"

mad processing power and ram, a great phone doesn't make. end of the day, u buy what you like.

All of this is true.... However if I'm going to cop a brand new phone, I need the specs to justify the price. Especially considering these phones cost more than new laptops, desktops, and tablets that offer more functionality.

imo, all phones should cost as much as a nexus 4, give or take. i have this phone and its great. and looks :pimp:. there is no reason why a phone should cost as much as some laptops, ive always thought that incredibly ridiculous.

iphones of today are only a few hundred shy of the base macbook pro. that's unacceptable.

Next year the Nexus 6 stats will be 5.2" 4k screen, Snapdragon 900 with 11 Cores, 16 MP backlit sensor camera with even more lowlight performance. 4GB of RAM. Android 4.4.2.1.1/2 , 2900 mAH battery....and we'll be like WOW LOOK AT THOSE SPECS, while not being able to do anything more with our phones than we could in 2010.

[/COLOR]

Multicultural-Obama-handshakes_original.gif

/beensayingthis

Not to start something, but you both would go ahead and throw the iPhone in this category as well right? What do they change other than the camera, processor, pixels, and/or RAM? I guess I will hear about the fingerprint scanner for this year's model.

And I have had and used both systems before I get called a fanboy. I just like to keep things even and play the devil's advocate sometimes. :D

Agreed. Why don't you guys stick to the original SGS if you feel that way?

apple HARDLY had to make changes to cash in big time for each release. case in point, didn't they just set a record with their iphone 5S? that phone literally will not operate ios7 any faster than the 5. only big changes is a camera and a fingerprint scanner. that is all. but apple is way too hyped so they'll cash in anyways.

samsung (example) just takes android and tries to copy and 1up apple. just look at their touchwiz UI, their home button bs, now they are gonna produce a gold galaxy phone. oh and octa core.

you could run windows with quad core power wtf u need that to run a simple mobile OS like android, let a lone EIGHT cores?

im just repeating myself at this point, im just pointing out a lot of people, even in this thread is buying into the specs marketing gimmick. which is funny, because if a saleperson tried to push that lingo out to a typical customer, that customer is just gonna be like :stoneface: "so...its fast?"

mad processing power and ram, a great phone doesn't make. end of the day, u buy what you like.

All of this is true.... However if I'm going to cop a brand new phone, I need the specs to justify the price. Especially considering these phones cost more than new laptops, desktops, and tablets that offer more functionality.

imo, all phones should cost as much as a nexus 4, give or take. i have this phone and its great. and looks :pimp:. there is no reason why a phone should cost as much as some laptops, ive always thought that incredibly ridiculous.

iphones of today are only a few hundred shy of the base macbook pro. that's unacceptable.

I'm not sure why you guys are comparing the price of phones to laptops and think it's unbelievable that a high-end phone is around the price of a mid-range laptop. these days, smartphones can do about as much as a laptop (and sometimes more) while being just a few mm's thick. remember when laptops were still novel and in its infancy? yea well they were $2k+ then.

i also find it ridiculous that people are complaining that phone manufacturers (the folks who make the hardware) are making advancements in technology then go and complain that the software that's out now won't be able to take full advantage of it. Take it up to Google and the devs instead.

I'm not sure why you guys are comparing the price of phones to laptops and think it's unbelievable that a high-end phone is around the price of a mid-range laptop. these days, smartphones can do about as much as a laptop (and sometimes more) while being just a few mm's thick. remember when laptops were still novel and in its infancy? yea well they were $2k+ then.

i also find it ridiculous that people are complaining that phone manufacturers (the folks who make the hardware) are making advancements in technology then go and complain that the software that's out now won't be able to take full advantage of it. Take it up to Google and the devs instead.

[COLOR=#red]The point, missing you are.[/COLOR]

you generally can't be as productive on a phone as on a laptop...no1 is doing a 20page paper, or making a presentation on a nokia lumia. and macbooks are like over a grand...almost 2 if u want that "retina" madness. people are buyjng a phone to text, surf the web a bit, email, text some more, sext, vine, and instagram and check in. some also buy a phone to make phone calls...

and your last point...you...you're mad confused son.

you generally can't be as productive on a phone as on a laptop...no1 is doing a 20page paper, or making a presentation on a nokia lumia. and macbooks are like over a grand...almost 2 if u want that "retina" madness. people are buyjng a phone to text, surf the web a bit, email, text some more, sext, vine, and instagram and check in. some also buy a phone to make phone calls...

So we're basing the cost of an electronic item on productivity now? I guess I shouldn't buy the new PS4 for $400 since I can't look up cancer research papers as efficiently compared to a netbook. Different items, different purposes. Again, I don't understand why we're comparing the price of two completely different items. What people do with their high-end phones is on them. If they're buying the latest and greatest just to do simple things like texts and instagramming, then that's they're own dumb fault for wasting money. If you yourself don't need the next year's model of your phone, then don't upgrade. No need to complain about phone manufacturers pushing tech boundaries because people aren't taking advantage of their devices.

I'm not sure why I'm the unreasonable one here.

[/COLOR]

and this folks is why you buy a nexus

the specs on your phone wont be upgrading once you buy it but the software always will so if you do get to do new **** nexus will be getting it first :pimp:

(unless you bout that root life root >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>)

Last edited:
450 for those specs is still a deal compared to other phone prices. count me in.
yeah, but that's what set the first nexus apart...

$350 for 16gb? that was a STEAL and it made the appreciation for google rise.

i'm pretty sure they're making money hand over fist with their main rrevenue producers... this is more for the people...

they dont NEED the sales from this phone...

i just think that the fact that it was $350 was what made it enter into so many people's radar...

i'm still going to cop, and i'm sure many else will... but i wont have that same feeling like i did when i copped the nexus 4...

i've read reports that the 16gb would be $380... b/c the nexus 7 went up $30 ... so i'm praying for that...

anything over $450 and i'll cop another nexus 4 and be done w/ it... not paying all that damb money for a phone.

[h1]HTC One Max to go official on October 17?[/h1]
28 September, 2013 | Comments (6)  | Post your comment

Tags: NokiaDual SIMRumors

big.jpg

HTC One Max is a familiar name in Rumorland, the phablet making quite a few  appearances  in various forms  before its official announcements. We know most of its specs and have a pretty good idea about its design, so the biggest mystery remaining was when will we be able to get it.

If the latest report from the Chinese website ePrice, quoted by Slashgear, is to be believed, HTC has already set the date for the unveiling of its latest flagship. The 5.9" One Max is said to debut on October 17, which is just over 2 weeks away now.

We also got another confirmation about the pricing of the device. The HTC One Max will reportedly cost NTD 23,900, which translates to just over $800 SIM-free. That will make the phablet one of the most expensive devices on the market and not only in the Android world at that.

Of course, there's no way to confirm the validity of these rumors at this point so take it all with a pinch of salt.

Source  | Via

you generally can't be as productive on a phone as on a laptop...no1 is doing a 20page paper, or making a presentation on a nokia lumia
You'd be surprised. Did you also forget that Samsung put out a projector phone?

..did that really sell?

So we're basing the cost of an electronic item on productivity now? I guess I shouldn't buy the new PS4 for $400 since I can't look up cancer research papers as efficiently compared to a netbook. Different items, different purposes. Again, I don't understand why we're comparing the price of two completely different items. What people do with their high-end phones is on them. If they're buying the latest and greatest just to do simple things like texts and instagramming, then that's they're own dumb fault for wasting money. If you yourself don't need the next year's model of your phone, then don't upgrade. No need to complain about phone manufacturers pushing tech boundaries because people aren't taking advantage of their devices.

I'm not sure why I'm the unreasonable one here.

im not complaining. im just saying its a gimmick that people are buying into. android by itself is a simple OS. and it doesn't need much to run. companies are pushing this latest tech marketing gimmick and its paying off. fine w.e. but when i was talking moto x people were saying that phone is trash...FOR THE WRONG REASONS. thats all.

the battery life for my s4 really annoys me...

I had great battery life before the MF9 update. After that update came out, I rooted my phone and I'm on AOKP right now. I'm assuming with their 4.3 update it will be better and I'll probably try a TW rom at that point.

I had great battery life before the MF9 update. After that update came out, I rooted my phone and I'm on AOKP right now. I'm assuming with their 4.3 update it will be better and I'll probably try a TW rom at that point.

Hows the aokp rom run? Any bugs?

Hows the aokp rom run? Any bugs?

AOKP 4.2 is perfect. They're working on squashing a couple of bugs on 4.3, but even then their nightlies are running really smooth now. This is on the N4.

Last edited:
AOKP 4.2 is perfect. They're working on squashing a couple of bugs on 4.3, but even then their nightlies are running really smooth now.
i just downloaded the 9/28 nightly 4.3 ima flash and see how it runs. does the camera force close?

..did that really sell?
It probably could have, but Samsung, didn't back it as much as it did with the note and the various other devices. Phone companies tend to push out innovative products, but there is usually that device that is overlooked. Hell, look how Motorola put out the finger print reader years ago on the atrix and it was overlooked, but apple put out the new Iphone with a finger print reader and it's considered to be a big thing. :rolleyes

Is there an app that if I'm listening to Play Music I can set a timer and the phone will stop playing music? I like to listen to music before I go to bed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom