Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone here own a laptop and phone?

Help me justify a tablet purchase :lol:

lol, I'm pretty sure everyone has a laptop and a cell phone :lol:

But I had a tablet, never used it for more than pandora when I was in mood for music while doing something or to surf NT while I was taking a dump.

lol, I'm pretty sure everyone has a laptop and a cell phone :lol:

But I had a tablet, never used it for more than pandora when I was in mood for music while doing something or to surf NT while I was taking a dump.

Same as me just sold my iPad mini cause I never used it

Anyone here own a laptop and phone?

Help me justify a tablet purchase
laugh.gif
Dont do it. Save your money.  Had one, collected dust after a while.  Most things a tablet can do, your smartphone or laptop can do either more easily, faster, or more convieniently.  If you do get one, get an iPad.

Last edited:
I have a Samsung Galaxy note II. I noticed my phone battery is going by faster any apps you guys can recommend me to help . Thanks.

Tets, I see you using Apex Launcher on a lot of your themes. Would you have any for Nova prime? I understand they have different settings and paddings but I'm use to Nova and dont feel like purchasing another launcher.

They're pretty much the same, use the same methods.

But make sure you're able to allow widgets on the dock in Nova

Anytime I mention Apex on my setups, you can use Nova as well.

Edit. My setup made it on da front page on mycolorscreen.com :x :nthat:

Last edited:
I have a Samsung Galaxy note II. I noticed my phone battery is going by faster any apps you guys can recommend me to help . Thanks.
I had the same thing.  Turned out I just had an app or two draining my battery that I couldnt find
mad.gif
.  A backup + factory reset got my battery life back to where it was.

I actually do not have a laptop or computer at home....just at work. My phone has kept me from purchasing a computer the past 3 yrs

use a small tablet if you plan on reading.  tablet definitely worth it if you read books/comics/magazines.  Started reading bc of this damn thing, and i love it.

Bamez I eff with u my man. I use my ipad almost solely for reading (most of which I rarely pay for). I also use it when I'm at work with my students and don't feel like having to drag around my Macbook. I still prefer a computer over a tablet any day tho

Damn guys I dropped my G2 in water last night :frown: :smh: first time I have ever done that...I put it in a container with rice literally 30 seconds afterwards. Took it out this morning to remove the sim card out and its working but it has the headphone sign on but its not acting right. I put it back in the rice for now...

I've only had the phone for about a week and didn't get insurance but Verizon did tell me I had 10 days to get it if I wanted to add it. Should I add the insurance and then send it back for water damage or should I call them and tell them that I'm having "issues" with the phone and try to get a replacement :lol:

This sucks...the phone was in the water for no more then 2 seconds :lol: feel like such an idiot right now.. at least I have my N2 as my backup

I would take it back in and say the phone is doing weird things.. Tell them the headphone sign won't go away and phone isn't acting normal.. Just say it randomly restarted when you were streaming music or some ****

Last edited:
I would take it back in and say the phone is doing weird things.. Tell them the headphone sign won't go away and phone isn't acting normal.. Just say it randomly restarted when you were streaming music or some ****

I'll probably just do this. I'll have to send it back since I ordered it online and the closest corporate store is about 4 hours away. Hopefully they don't check for water damage when I send it back

I was just about to say that :lol:

All they have to do is crack it open and see the little tab is red and the plan is dead.

Last edited:
For those with chromecast, can I stream with another app besides Netflix and YouTube? Like lets say if I torrent a film to my phone.. .? And use the basic video player on my phone...

For those with chromecast, can I stream with another app besides Netflix and YouTube? Like lets say if I torrent a film to my phone.. .? And use the basic video player on my phone...

Yes you can, I downloaded Kevin Hart Let Me Explain and watched it the other day on the Chromecast.

I just go through my gallery and select the movie I downloaded and play it through the regular video player which has the little allshare icon on the top left corner.

Im on a Galaxy S4 btw.

Last edited:
I still dont see the need for chromecast, at least for my situation.  Already have a PS3 which has those TV apps.  ANd its hooked up to my network so i can watch any movie i have on my computer and stream it to my ps3, (with the exception of some mkv files).  But i can see the market for those without media centers.

Testing the waters with bloatware

For most OEMs, leaving the Google ecosystem and still being successful is nothing more than a pipe dream. One way for an OEM to experiment with a Google-free existence without incurring the wrath of Mountain View is to produce alternative versions of Google's apps. This is what most of us dismiss as "bloatware." Bloatware works as a software engineering "what if" thought exercise, where OEMs set out to replicate all of Google's core apps to see just how hard life outside of the walled garden would be.

Samsung does a particularly "good" job of this, going as far as having its own user account system, backend syncing, and app store. It also maintains the most complete set of alternatives to Google apps. A lot of these, like Internet, E-mail, and Calendar, have roots in AOSP, but Samsung continued to add features long after Google abandoned them for closed alternatives.

On a phone with Google apps, it seems silly and redundant to have two calendar apps. But many OEMs view bloatware as an important strategic fallback—a "Plan B"—for if things ever get really bad. If Google does something out of line and an OEM is forced to leave, the company needs at least something to show prospective customers. OEMs include them with their shipping phones—because, hey, why not?—and gain valuable feedback. While this creates redundancy and adds to user confusion, a few users might even like the OEM's version of a core app.

With such a huge list of alternative apps, it might seem like Samsung is poised to jump ship at any moment, but replicating the Google apps is only a small portion of the massive effort it would take to break free of the Google ecosystem. The aspect of Android that an OEM really wants is the gigantic third-party app selection. Google knows this is its biggest weakness, and the company has started working to make the app ecosystem Google-dependent as well.

Link: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013...ntrolling-open-source-by-any-means-necessary/
I guess this is why Samsung ruins great devices like the Note series with garbage software no one wants or uses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom