• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From Android Community:

Google+ update event scheduled for tomorrow

While much of the Android focus seems to be on Kit Kat and the Nexus 5 at the moment, Vic Gundotra has offered a reminder that Google also has some other things going on. Coming by way of his Google+ page, we have learned there will be an event tomorrow. The catch, this is a Google+ event.

This event was set up by the Google+ team and will take place at 12:30 (9:30AM PST) on October 29. There wasn’t much revealed in terms of what can be expected, but there was a teaser. Along with the event being called, A Morning with Google+, it looks like the team will be “sharing a few updates.”

And for those wondering, in addition to the coverage you can expect here, Google will be live streaming the event. This brings the question of what will be discussed. Speculation seems to point towards Hangouts. Or maybe more accurately, those commenting on the Google+ page seem to be hoping this will be Hangouts related.

Possibly the Google+ team will be discussing SMS and Google Voice integration. That all being said, the fact they are streaming this, as opposed to simply offering a text update on G+ suggests this could be something slightly more exciting. Then again, that could be more hope than anything. Not to mention, that thought still does not give any idea as to what can be expected.

Bolded the important part so folks won't get excited about KitKat. :lol:

Last edited:
never knew negri electronics was such a piece of **** :smh:
they better sell these damn nexus 5's at brick & mortar stores
might just be a cheap **** and get the 32gb n4 if that evleaks is accurate
buying a damn phone shouldnt be this difficult. :smh:

can't wait for the N5, if it gets restocked right away then I'll get it within a few weeks.

got the N4 and took some pics at the Yeezus concert about a week ago and a J. Cole concert yesterday and pics were meh. I wasn't expecting high res pics or anything from where I sat but looking at all the other phones out around me and they have better pics.took some vids as well, the audio on mine was blown the eff out while on my girl's iphone 5 the audio was clear. anyone know if I can fix that through settings or is it just the N4?

Idont think the pics on my N4 are bad... I just hate the focusing and it takes too long to take a pic, only compliant about the camera

I didnt set aside any money for the N5 but I still think I might just order it anyway... Technology always wins me over :lol: :smh:

can't wait for the N5, if it gets restocked right away then I'll get it within a few weeks.

got the N4 and took some pics at the Yeezus concert about a week ago and a J. Cole concert yesterday and pics were meh. I wasn't expecting high res pics or anything from where I sat but looking at all the other phones out around me and they have better pics.took some vids as well, the audio on mine was blown the eff out while on my girl's iphone 5 the audio was clear. anyone know if I can fix that through settings or is it just the N4?
many camera apps. use camera +

Wish my Gnex held some value man. If be happy if I could sell this for $150 to help get the nexus

[h1]Meet Ara, Motorola's open and modular smartphone project[/h1]

By Andrew Martonik   | Oct 29 2013 | 2:22 am  | 47 COMMENTS

ara1blogpost.png

[h3]Joining forces with Phonebloks and developing a platform in the open[/h3]
Building off of a project it called "MAKEwithMOTO," Motorola is ready to unveil its plans for modular smartphones called Project Ara. Ara, for short, is all about building a system that makes the process of creating smartphones that are upgradeable, customizable and open. Partnering with the folks at Phonebloks that recently brought this idea to a wider audience, Motorola wants to do with smartphone hardware what Android has done with smartphone  software.

Motorola thinks that you, the end user, should be able to decide how much your phone costs, what it's capable of, how it looks and  how long it will be in use. The concepts — shown above, and once more after the break — certainly have our gears turning. The basic idea at this point is to have a main "endo" (endoskeleton) that acts as a frame to hold various other modules in place. Those modules could be anything from a camera or a battery to a physical keyboard or various sensors.

Best of all, Motorola plans to work on Ara in the open, getting the community involved in the process as much as possible. The hope is to have invites heading out in the coming months to get developers on-board to start making modules, and Motorola expects to release a Module Developer’s Kit (MDK) by this winter. Is this really the future of mobile devices? On some level, Motorola surely seems to think so.

ara2blogpost.png

Source: Motorola

Moto x is a very solid phone, especially now that it's at it's rightful price of $100. But then again, Bestbuy is offering the G2 for $100

Last edited:
speaking of the moto x
 [h1]Moto X gets treated to an off-contract price cut[/h1]
28 October, 2013 | Comments (11)  | Post your comment

Tags: MotorolaAndroid

After having its on-contract price slashed  last week, the Moto X  got treated to another discount, this time attractive for those who don’t like carrier commitments. The colorful smartphone is now available for $479.99 for the 16GB version, and $529.99 for a 32GB device.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The new pricing of the US-made Android smartphone is available for the AT&T version through Moto Maker. T-Mobile and Verizon customers will need to shell out $599.99 for a 16GB version without contract, while Sprint customers will be set back by $549.99 for it.

[h1]WSJ: Google watch with Google Now in late stages of development[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Oct 29 2013 | 7:33 am  | 14 COMMENTS

bldg44-robot_3.jpg

[h3]Google's Android-powered smartwatch 'could be ready for mass production within months'[/h3]
Rumors of Google working on its own Android-powered smartwatch are nothing new  — we've been hearing whispers to that effect from several sources over the past six months. But a report in The Wall Street Journal today gives us our clearest indication yet as to when the elusive wearable might make itself known. Citing "people familiar with the matter," the paper reports that the Android-powered watch is in the late stages of development, with Google currently working to fine-tune the device to improve power efficiency and battery life. The company is reportedly now in talks with Asian suppliers to begin mass production of the device, according to today's story.

What's more, the WSJ  reports that the watch will be based heavily around Google Now, Google's predictive search app. As we said in an article back in March, the advantages of having Google Now on a wearable device could be immense. If it's properly implemented, Google Now could be a perfect fit for wearable devices, and a key differentiator for Google in what could quickly become a very crowded market. Samsung  and Pebble  are the main players right now, but Fitbit recently inched closer to smartwatch territory with the launch of its Fitbit Force  device, and HTC is said to beprepping its own smartwatch  for a late 2014 launch.

The Google watch could be ready for mass production "within months," according to the WSJ, which suggests the possibility of an early-to-mid 2014 launch for the product. Google has been getting Android ready for wearables with new features like Bluetooth Low Energy support and notification listener services, but today's news casts doubt on the possibility of any watch-specific announcements alongside Android 4.4 KitKat, which we're expecting to see later this week.

For more on how Google Now might work on a watch — and why it makes too much sense not to happen — check out our write-up from earlier in the year, linked below.
[h3]More: The Google Watch with Google Now - A wearable computer for the present[/h3]
Source: The Wall Street Journal

A watch with Google Now would kill the game!!!
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom