• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm about to list my GNex on eBay, is it better to sell it whilst rooted with CM on it, or should I try and get it back to 100% stock (which I dont even know how to do really but I found guides). Anyone have advice?

I don't know what the development community is currently like for the Galaxy Nexus, but if I were buying the phone I would prefer it to be stock but rooted.

I'm about to list my GNex on eBay, is it better to sell it whilst rooted with CM on it, or should I try and get it back to 100% stock (which I dont even know how to do really but I found guides). Anyone have advice?
I don't know what the development community is currently like for the Galaxy Nexus, but if I were buying the phone I would prefer it to be stock but rooted.
Thanks. Will work on that tomorrow.

I got the N5 need to play with it for a few days before I change it from stock.

Any themes, roots, or advise can be recommended before i start backtracking this thread. Also how do I improve my battery life on the phone??

I'd definitely revert back to stock before selling any phone.

And superzat my favorite has been kangakat x francos latest kernel. Using slimkat right now it ain't bad might go back soon or try another new rom.

Some say cataclysm x elementalx is a great combo

Last edited:
I've been meaning to ask, I've seen people post and say that when they use third party launchers they experience high battery drain and slowdown, and I've seen many a person speak to the contrary. What are you guys' experience with them? I would love some custom icons, but not at the expense of phone performance.

I don't ever notice slowdown or lag when using third party launchers. If anything it makes my phone feel faster when I use Nova or some other third party launcher.

Using KK Launcher right now.

If only the stock launcher let you use custom icons ..

Hope third party launchers get the "ok google" thing soon.

Last edited:
Using KK Launcher right now.

If only the stock launcher let you use custom icons ..

Hope third party launchers get the "ok google" thing soon.

You know what, i was just saying that to myself the other day bout the same thing.

That would be hella nice.

I really want that nexus but I need a honest opinion about the battery life. That's the main reason I want to get rid if this HTC one but I've been hearing not so great things about the nexus' battery. I really don't wanna root either so how is it straight out the box?

I really want that nexus but I need a honest opinion about the battery life. That's the main reason I want to get rid if this HTC one but I've been hearing not so great things about the nexus' battery. I really don't wanna root either so how is it straight out the box?
It depends what you do with the phone. I'm still stock (Not running any roms), I only rooted so I can get power amp installed. I can get though a day on my phone with no problem (typically 9am-1am until I reach 15%). Browsing the internet is what kills the battery the fastest. If you want to browse the web for 4+ hours a day on a single charge, this isn't the phone for you. It does everything else well tho.

Last edited:
I think the battery life is great. I get a lot out of my battery on what I consider to be heavy usage. 

Even on a day like today where I'm at work so I'm on 4G all day I got 17 hours out of my battery with 10% remaining. 

You guys use the OK google thing that often? I dont unless I'm home. People who talk into their phones to text/search the web in public <<<<<<<<<<<<< Annoys me to no end.

From another site but dude says he gets good battery life
 December 31 - January 1 over 35 hours off charger with over 3 hours of screen on time. LTE enabled the entire time, totally stock just using ART:
 I am also using Lux Lite to control my auto screen brightness and have it set to +15% which is very bright in all light conditions. Great app!
Also read this
 Heads up, there is an update slowly getting pushed for google play services to 4.1 that really improves battery. If google does not update through play store you can install the apk manually. Before the update I got around 1.3%/HR with just location and sync off now it's down to 0.6%/HR.

Fixes google location reporting battery  issues. So if you turn on location it should improve for you.

Google Play Services 4.1 Begins Rollout With Location Reporting Battery  Fix

Thanks yall. I guess I'll be picking this up soon. I have an upgrade on one of my lines in November but I don't know if I can deal with this battery that long.

I'm done buying new phones for awhile. honestly cell makers are at a post it can't get much better then this

I got the s4 and I happy with it for a few years

Back
Top Bottom