• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It prevents stuff from constantly running.

Like if i put Widgetlocker to sleep, and then I turn my phone off, turn it back on. WL is no longer enabled until i go to the app.

It works on certain apps. Dont expect it to work with everything.

But JayDean03 JayDean03 don't you have to go into Greenify and tell it what apps to put to sleep and conserve on?

I think these guys just downloaded the app and was waiting for it to take effect.

I used it briefly, but never fully set it up, that is why I am not 100% sure on its full abilities.

Last edited:
But JayDean03 JayDean03 don't you have to go into Greenify and tell it what apps to put to sleep and conserve on?

I think these guys just downloaded the app and was waiting for it to take effect.

I used it briefly, but never fully set it up, that is why I am not 100% sure on its full abilities.

You have to set it up manually. It's not gonna operate off rip for you.

push the + at da top, choose da apps, and push da zzz button

You have to set it up manually. It's not gonna operate off rip for you.

push the + at da top, choose da apps, and push da zzz button

Right, that's what I thought you had to do. I saw them saying they downloaded it, but didn't notice anything, so I wasn't sure if they had actually configured the app as well or not.

I think with Google 4.2 flash has been completely left out and not supported. I see some apps say that it will cause issues to try and run flash within it...at least the Next Browser recommends that you do not turn flash on or it will force close the app.

Well I mean I know how you activate it, just unsure on what it does.

Would notifications still run if it's "Greenified"?

Anybody else using Disa as there messenger client? Forgot i was up for there beta testing program, been using it for last 2 days, pretty freaking slick and with plugin's for other messenger app, you can almost have an true all-in one messenger program ...liking it so far

http://disa.im/

Still liking Disa? I joined the beta group and will go download it on my lunch break. Just wondering if your thoughts have changed on it...

Anybody else using Disa as there messenger client? Forgot i was up for there beta testing program, been using it for last 2 days, pretty freaking slick and with plugin's for other messenger app, you can almost have an true all-in one messenger program ...liking it so far

http://disa.im/

Still liking Disa? I joined the beta group and will go download it on my lunch break. Just wondering if your thoughts have changed on it...

I've been hearing about EvolveSMS recently. I kinda want to check it out.

I've been hearing about EvolveSMS recently. I kinda want to check it out.

Funny you said that because I was reading about that app on one of my feeds this morning. I might download and try that one out as well.

Edit:
This Disa app look ok, but it is very Alpha. It is supposed to have services to load in and bring all the messaging apps to one app. They have only written one for WhatsApp and the default SMS messenger. They are working on FB messaging and after that might try out Hangouts or Google Voice or something. Maybe in a couple months or something I will come back.

Last edited:
Wow that does look nice. I'm still good with Textra though, the gifs attachement feature is too awesome. I've never used pic messaging that much before.

Oh I hadn't seen that... I had seen the Moto X for however much it is.

But with this phone you can't cop it to replace a phone on an existing 2 year contract, can you?

Motog, you can definitely transfer number over to a Prepay account and use this phone! Before you do, though, please know that if you're currently in a contract any Early Termination Fees would apply. As an alternative, this phone can be used on a currently contracted account after it has been used for 6 months on a Prepay account. - Sarah_VZW

What i got from the VZW Q&A.....

Just downloaded evolve SMS... So far so good, only con is that it gets writes laggy when switching between convos or keyboard/emojis

What i got from the VZW Q&A.....

Yup, just asked them as well. Told me it has to be used on a prepaid plan for 6 months before it can be used on a postpaid plan.

Last edited:
I just downloaded evolve as well. Looks clean. I went back to the stock messaging app a few days ago because I got bored with Hangouts. Not like I was using group sms anyway.

Edit: And of course they don't show in that video how you have to pay for those customizing options.

Last edited:
Just downloaded Evolve. It looks great and is really fast, when it works...

I've been getting crashes already, but I went ahead and rebooted. Hopefully that'll help clear things up.

Google Chrome Data Compression

Google unveils new tool to help you beat AT&T and Verizon’s data caps

Data caps are one of the wireless industry’s least popular concoctions and they figure to get even less popular as mobile applications become more bandwidth intensive. Google, however, is trying to help you stay ahead of the curve with a new tool that it’s launched for its mobile Chrome browser for iOS and Android that it says can help you reduce your data consumption by up to 50%. The new feature is powered by an SPDY proxy connection that runs on Google’s servers and that Google says “optimizes and transcodes all images to the WebP format, which requires fewer bytes than other popular formats, such as JPEG and PNG.” To enable it in your Chrome mobile browser, first make sure you have the latest version of Chrome, then click on “Settings” and then “bandwidth management.” From there you’ll see an option that reads “Reduce data usage” that you simply have to switch to “on.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom