• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm done buying new phones for awhile. honestly cell makers are at a post it can't get much better then this

I got the s4 and I happy with it for a few years
Na son I think their is a lot more that can be improve. Just that most companies are milking the consumers for more money. It's all in their plans. But if u conformable with your phone that's good.

I'm keeping this phone for at least two years. I've ever been a guy who needed quick upgrades, matter of fact I haven't bought a current generation phone since I had a sidekick three. This N5 is my first current phone in a long time and with how good it is I can't see any reason to leave it.

[h1]Sony Xperia Z1 successor with slimmer bezels leaks[/h1]
17 January, 2014 | Comments (63)  | Post your comment

Tags: SonyAndroidRumors

Courtesy of XDA member iRimas  come some photos and rumored specs of a mystery Sony smartphone. The device in question belongs to the family Xperia and has the model number D6503. According to the leakster it
[h1]Sony Xperia Z1 successor with slimmer bezels leaks[/h1]
17 January, 2014 | Comments (63)  | Post your comment

Tags: SonyAndroidRumors

Courtesy of XDA member iRimas  come some photos and rumored specs of a mystery Sony smartphone. The device in question belongs to the family Xperia and has the model number D6503. According to the leakster it sports a 5.2" display, thinner bezels than the Xperia Z1 and runs on a fresh new UI atop Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

The device is apparently unstable and the UI is crashing all the time but we expect to see UI screenshots from said XDA user soon.

Sony D6503

The model number D6503 shows this device as a replacement to the Sony Xperia ZL, not the Z1. We've seen this model number crop up  at the end of last year. Still the camera on the back is reportedly the same 20.7 MP 1/2.3" unit found on the Z1 and Z1 Compact.

Other differences with the Xperia Z1 include three large speaker-like grilles on the bottom, the microUSB slot and SIM tray sit on the left side, while on the right there's room for a microSD card slot. The lanyard eyelet is placed on the left side, instead of the right one.

Then there are the usually-placed camera shutter button, power button, magnetic pin connectors, headphone jack and LED notification light (placed above the earpiece).

Source  | Via

sports a 5.2" display, thinner bezels than the Xperia Z1 and runs on a fresh new UI atop Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

The device is apparently unstable and the UI is crashing all the time but we expect to see UI screenshots from said XDA user soon.

Sony D6503

The model number D6503 shows this device as a replacement to the Sony Xperia ZL, not the Z1. We've seen this model number crop up  at the end of last year. Still the camera on the back is reportedly the same 20.7 MP 1/2.3" unit found on the Z1 and Z1 Compact.

Other differences with the Xperia Z1 include three large speaker-like grilles on the bottom, the microUSB slot and SIM tray sit on the left side, while on the right there's room for a microSD card slot. The lanyard eyelet is placed on the left side, instead of the right one.

Then there are the usually-placed camera shutter button, power button, magnetic pin connectors, headphone jack and LED notification light (placed above the earpiece).

Source  | Via

I really want that nexus but I need a honest opinion about the battery life. That's the main reason I want to get rid if this HTC one but I've been hearing not so great things about the nexus' battery. I really don't wanna root either so how is it straight out the box?
To expound on this a bit, today marks the first full week I've had with the phone and after the whole faster phone with less crashes thing wore off the battery life is thw thing that has impressed me the most so far.

I know it's only standby but for me to see my phone off the charger for five hours and not even lose them percent of my battery is highly impressive.

I put my knee down onto my nexus 7 earlier and I guess the inside of the screen cracked. There's no crack on the outside that I can feel. Did the digitizer crack or something?

Brahs i bought a cracked iphone 5 to fix n resell so i switched it to my number just to make sure it works fine and is not stolen then my internet goes down and im stuck with it.

I hate staring at this cracked screen

I really want that nexus but I need a honest opinion about the battery life. That's the main reason I want to get rid if this HTC one but I've been hearing not so great things about the nexus' battery. I really don't wanna root either so how is it straight out the box?

I get pretty good battery life w/ my N5 and that's even w/ the bluetooth always on to pair w/ my Pebble. I've noticed that all the social apps drains the battery a lot more than I'd like (i.e. refreshing IG) but web browsing and general usages is decent imo

Has any XDA dev able to sideload Motorola Assist on a non Moto phone? I really want this app on my HTC One.
What phone and what SD card do you have?

The only thing from moto you can get is the dynamic notifications. (Notification screen while your phone is off)

Has anyone had problems with Google Now?? Mine stopped showing the current weather for my location and I have no idea how to bring it back. I turned it off and then turned it back on and I haven't seen any fix yet...

Has anyone had problems with Google Now?? Mine stopped showing the current weather for my location and I have no idea how to bring it back. I turned it off and then turned it back on and I haven't seen any fix yet...

are your location services turned on?

Has any XDA dev able to sideload Motorola Assist on a non Moto phone? I really want this app on my HTC One.

The only thing from moto you can get is the dynamic notifications. (Notification screen while your phone is off)
Reading his post I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's using the HTC One :lol:

If turning off google now and turning it back on didn't work... RIP

and what lobo said.. did you accidentally turn off location settings.

Last edited:

are your location services turned on?

Reading his post I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's using the HTC One :lol:

If turning off google now and turning it back on didn't work... RIP

and what lobo said.. did you accidentally turn off location settings.

RIP? Come on now...

It's weird cuz it updates for everything else(traffic going home/work, articles and stuff like that). The weather is the only thing that's not showing.

Yea location settings are on, and set to High Accuracy.

Last edited:
I need advice, bros. I'm with Verizon and I'm eligible for upgrade. My note 2 slid out of my pocket and the screen cracked. I have insurance and it will be 100 to get a replacement. Should I find a place to repair it for the low or should I use my month to month leisure as leverage and threaten to leave verizon if they can't help a long time loyal customer. Kinda cheeky I know, but they tax us like crazy so a customer catching a break wouldn't devastate them too terribly. I don't want to upgrade because I have a grandfathered plan.

Last edited:
I need advice, bros. I'm with Verizon and I'm eligible for upgrade. My note 2 slid out of my pocket and the screen cracked. I have insurance and it will be 100 to get a replacement. Should I find a place to repair it for the low or should I use my month to month leisure as leverage and threaten to leave verizon if they can't help a long time loyal customer. Kinda cheeky I know, but they tax us like crazy so a customer catching a break wouldn't devastate them too terribly. I don't want to upgrade because I have a grandfathered plan.

Pay the 100 for a new device, then sell it and jump ship.

if you wanna jump ship to magenta, blue or yellow from red then repair the device then call the retention department and talk to them

Back
Top Bottom