Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:rofl:

I almost forgot about that phone. I wanted it soooo bad when my mom switched to Sprint... got the LG Rumor instead

:smh:
You mean for twitter and stuff? KitKat has 'em built in... They look different for us but they show up the same for iOS

Yes, well I only use instagram & twitter... It shows the send key for me... Do I have to enable it or something???

Yes, well I only use instagram & twitter... It shows the send key for me... Do I have to enable it or something???

Long press the arrow at the bottom right of the keyboard, then drag over to the little icon.

Last edited:
WTF is this ***** ?!?!?!?! :x :x :x :x :smh: :smh: :smh:

Google to reportedly discontinue beloved Nexus device lineup next year

Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin said on Twitter that the Nexus line of devices will be discontinued in 2015, replaced instead with a new brand spawned from the current Play Edition family. Google has launched various Play Edition devices this year, including the HTC One, the Samsung Galaxy S4, the LG G Pad 8.3, the Sony Z Ultra and the Motorola Moto G. Essentially these devices run a pure version of Android, with no OEM user interface and bloatware on top. However, these devices aren’t updated directly by Google, but by OEMs, meaning that new Android OS versions first reach Nexus devices, and only later Google Play Edition devices.

Murtazin has not detailed where he received his information from but said in following tweets that new Nexus devices are expected for this year. While the blogger has been accurate with mobile predictions in the past, he has also been wrong before. Interestingly though, Nexus smartphones and tablets may be on a name collision course for 2015, when a Nexus 7 (2015) tablet may be simultaneously launched with a Nexus 7 smartphone – that’s assuming Google’s current naming patterns for its Nexus smartphones and tablets would be kept in place, and that the company would continue to make 7-inch tablets of its own.

In addition to talking about the death of the Nexus family life, Murtazin has tweeted several other bits of information, most of them related to the newly inked Google Samsung cross-licensing patent deal. The blogger said that Samsung will not only get patents for Google, but it will also secure hardware development, hinting that more Google Play Edition Samsung handsets may hit the Google Play Store in the future.

Furthermore, he added that Samsung will stop developing Tizen for smartphones in the future, a decision that it has reportedly taken without being influenced by Google. The blogger also said that TouchWiz will evolve in extra features, that will “be an integral part of future Android versions,” which “others” will pay for – it’s not clear whether he meant that other OEMs will pay to use Samsung TouchWiz features or whether users will have to pay to access some of these features.

Murtazin also said that Google will not be competing against Samsung or any other brand in hardware, and that the company is considering reprofiling Motorola in the future. Finally, Android will be somewhat restricted from use by some companies including Microsoft, which may mean that even if other companies will fork Android, they may not get access to Google’s apps including Google Play Store.

Just like with the Nexus tweet, the blogger did not reveal where he got his information regarding the Google Samsung deal.

:smh: I love the nexus devices though. It will be a sad day for me when they are discontinued

*sent from my Nexus 5* :lol:

WTF is this ***** ?!?!?!?! :x :x :x :x :smh: :smh: :smh:

Google to reportedly discontinue beloved Nexus device lineup next year

Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin said on Twitter that the Nexus line of devices will be discontinued in 2015, replaced instead with a new brand spawned from the current Play Edition family. Google has launched various Play Edition devices this year, including the HTC One, the Samsung Galaxy S4, the LG G Pad 8.3, the Sony Z Ultra and the Motorola Moto G. Essentially these devices run a pure version of Android, with no OEM user interface and bloatware on top. However, these devices aren’t updated directly by Google, but by OEMs, meaning that new Android OS versions first reach Nexus devices, and only later Google Play Edition devices.

Murtazin has not detailed where he received his information from but said in following tweets that new Nexus devices are expected for this year. While the blogger has been accurate with mobile predictions in the past, he has also been wrong before. Interestingly though, Nexus smartphones and tablets may be on a name collision course for 2015, when a Nexus 7 (2015) tablet may be simultaneously launched with a Nexus 7 smartphone – that’s assuming Google’s current naming patterns for its Nexus smartphones and tablets would be kept in place, and that the company would continue to make 7-inch tablets of its own.

In addition to talking about the death of the Nexus family life, Murtazin has tweeted several other bits of information, most of them related to the newly inked Google Samsung cross-licensing patent deal. The blogger said that Samsung will not only get patents for Google, but it will also secure hardware development, hinting that more Google Play Edition Samsung handsets may hit the Google Play Store in the future.

Furthermore, he added that Samsung will stop developing Tizen for smartphones in the future, a decision that it has reportedly taken without being influenced by Google. The blogger also said that TouchWiz will evolve in extra features, that will “be an integral part of future Android versions,” which “others” will pay for – it’s not clear whether he meant that other OEMs will pay to use Samsung TouchWiz features or whether users will have to pay to access some of these features.

Murtazin also said that Google will not be competing against Samsung or any other brand in hardware, and that the company is considering reprofiling Motorola in the future. Finally, Android will be somewhat restricted from use by some companies including Microsoft, which may mean that even if other companies will fork Android, they may not get access to Google’s apps including Google Play Store.

Just like with the Nexus tweet, the blogger did not reveal where he got his information regarding the Google Samsung deal.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

relax bro's the source of that story is from BGR.... :smh:
Granted ,yea BGR is & will change ideas and thoughts from one day to the other, but just the thought/talk about it makes me concerned.

Although I think the "Google/Samsung" cross-patent sharing deal has me intrigued.

Last edited:
I mean.... Google DID buy Motorola. :lol: It makes sense that following Motorola and Google launching two distinct phones (Moto X/G and Nexus 5,) someone realized that they were shooting themselves in the foot.

If true, I wouldn't be mad -- assuming that Motorola/Google begin developing a new line of devices that fill the Nexus void. And the source did say that Google will be reprofiling the company... Whatever that means.

Last edited:
Saw it on a Verizon commercial last night. I'm thinking there was fine print that specified that you must trade in your smart phone to get 100 off.

Ahh ok, that makes sense then. It is $249 and they are giving a minimum $100 credit for trading in smart phones (up to $300). My friend was looking at getting rid of his Galaxy Nexus finally. He might just hold off and check out the S5.

Fellas I need help. I just dropped my N4 and the screen cracked. I'm mad as hell right now, touch screen won't even work >: >: >: >:

[h1]A batch of red LG Nexus 5 units caught on camera[/h1]
27 January, 2014 | Comments (16)  | Post your comment

Tags: LGGoogleAndroidRumors

LG might be readying new colorful edition for the Nexus 5  flagship after all. First we saw what seemed to be an official Play Store listing  with six new colors - yellow, red, blue, green, orange, and purple. Unfortunately this turned out to be fake. And just when we thought the rumor is dead, we saw a red Nexus 5  posing in front of a camera.

Today we get to see something better - a whole batch of red-flavored Nexus 5 retail boxes. You can see official markings, IMEIs, serial numbers and everything.

Red Nexus 5 retail box

It seems the red Nexus 5 is real and will probably launch shortly. The previous rumors  suggested a yellow edition is coming too, so those six new flavors might deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Source  | Via

Back
Top Bottom