• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use the Aldiko app and get books online. Transfer them to my device and load it thru Aldiko.

HTC is a great OEM. Sorry that you had a horrible experience, but I've been nothing but 100% satisfied with all of my devices and HTC's service. (Nexus One, myTouch 4G, Amaze, etc).

dont get me wrong im a long time htc customer. and theyd done well in the past... until i had a manufacturing issue. then this happened ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2247754&page=8

and the purple/pink tint happened.
Same thing with my One, I thought it was just me, how do I fix this? :x

HTC's customer service is the absolute WORST. They dont know how to fix half the problems from manufacturing. Your home wifi network, does it have 2 bands? As in the 2.7 and 5.1 (i think) frequencies? If it does, try connecting to the 5 one. If that doesnt work, try connecting to a different wifi connection. Ask a neighbor if you could try it really quick and have them put in their password. If you find out you cant use wifi AT ALL they need to scale you back to 4.3 because 4.4 has removed functionality.

But honestly, to anyone THINKING of buying the htc one or the upcoming htc one2, DONT. stay away from HTC. they really dont care about you.

Tried it, nothing, HTC says they won't cover a new phone, Sprint offered to buy it back for $300, but I'm gonna hold out for the S5 next month.

HTC's customer service is the absolute WORST. They dont know how to fix half the problems from manufacturing. Your home wifi network, does it have 2 bands? As in the 2.7 and 5.1 (i think) frequencies? If it does, try connecting to the 5 one. If that doesnt work, try connecting to a different wifi connection. Ask a neighbor if you could try it really quick and have them put in their password. If you find out you cant use wifi AT ALL they need to scale you back to 4.3 because 4.4 has removed functionality.

But honestly, to anyone THINKING of buying the htc one or the upcoming htc one2, DONT. stay away from HTC. they really dont care about you.

Are you rooted or using a custom rom?

Only thing I was using was a different launcher, I was using Nova, but I uninstalled everything and did the factory reset and nothing, it might just be a problem with KitKat

Is it just your phone that connect to your network? I would reset would restart your home router.

Unplug it for 30 secs then plug in back in, the power cable

I bet you that will fix it

Also go to settings on your phone and click on software upgrade

If that don't work we can wipe the cache in recovery

Last edited:
Is it just your phone that connect to your network? I would reset would restart your home router.

Unplug it for 30 secs then plug in back in, the power cable

I bet you that will fix it

Also go to settings on your phone and click on software upgrade

If that don't work we can wipe the cache in recovery

Tried all that, everything connects to the home network just fine, bought a ipad mini yesterday and it runs just fine on the home network, I'll SOMETIMES get a connection, but as soon as the phone goes back into sleep mode it goes away.

I swapped out the routers and still nothing either.

Did you try software update also?

Try this too...

Apparently the Android 4.4.2 can only deal with a HTC One having the device name "HTC One", so you need to rename it.

Here are the instructions:

WiFi - then 3 dots (upper right corner) - WiFi Direct - 3 dots (upper right corner) - Rename Device: HTC One.

naming it to something else won't work, but "HTC One" does :smile:/B]

Last edited:

Try this too...

Apparently the Android 4.4.2 can only deal with a HTC One having the device name "HTC One", so you need to rename it.

WiFi - then 3 dots (upper right corner) - WiFi Direct - 3 dots (upper right corner) - Rename Device: HTC One.

I first tried naming it something else, and it didn't work, but "HTC One" does :smile:/B]

Well I'll be damned lol.

Good ******* looks man, it's working now :lol:

Same thing with my One, I thought it was just me, how do I fix this?
sick.gif
you cant. but youre under warranty. take it back to your carrier for a warranty replacement. if they wont do it, go to htc for a warranty replacement. but you personally cant do anything to fix it, its a hardware issue. and it affects over 75% of htc ones.

Try this too...

naming it to something else won't work, but "HTC One" does :smile:/B]
wow. who knew thatd work. 4.4 made ALOT of stupid small changes. The fact that i cant have 2 different wallpapers anymore
mean.gif
like...senseless things. why take away customizing options? but great job superb.

you cant. but youre under warranty. take it back to your carrier for a warranty replacement. if they wont do it, go to htc for a warranty replacement. but you personally cant do anything to fix it, its a hardware issue. and it affects over 75% of htc ones.

wow. who knew thatd work. 4.4 made ALOT of stupid small changes. The fact that i cant have 2 different wallpapers anymore
mean.gif
like...senseless things. why take away customizing options? but great job superb.
Your welcome...see it wasnt a hardware issue

Alright, kids. Question time.

What would you do to make the next, and possibly the last, Nexus the best yet? I love my Nexus 5. It's the most reliable phone I have ever used. I like it's subtle look, size and the texture of the back. So what would you add?

I like the idea of the curved screen on a 5 inch device. That's how LG should have introduced the technology anyway.

I'd like a better camera, obviously. There's no reason the Android phone sporting the purest version of Android can't have a stellar camera.

I'd like better speakers as well.
I have the N5. Bigger battery would be my #1 upgrade. I'm somewhat of a heavy user as I use Google Play for the train to and from work. I can barely go a whole day with it. Wish it had the same battery as the LG G2. I think a lot of people would've paid the extra cost for a bigger battery if they had the option. Love the smoothness of stock Android though and the screen on HD is crystal clear. Better battery life and I'll probably upgrade to Nexus '14

Alright, kids. Question time.

What would you do to make the next, and possibly the last, Nexus the best yet? I love my Nexus 5. It's the most reliable phone I have ever used. I like it's subtle look, size and the texture of the back. So what would you add?

I like the idea of the curved screen on a 5 inch device. That's how LG should have introduced the technology anyway.

I'd like a better camera, obviously. There's no reason the Android phone sporting the purest version of Android can't have a stellar camera.

I'd like better speakers as well.
I have the N5. Bigger battery would be my #1 upgrade. I'm somewhat of a heavy user as I use Google Play for the train to and from work. I can barely go a whole day with it. Wish it had the same battery as the LG G2. I think a lot of people would've paid the extra cost for a bigger battery if they had the option. Love the smoothness of stock Android though and the screen on HD is crystal clear. Better battery life and I'll probably upgrade to Nexus '14
bigger battery, better camera UI and a 5.5 inch screen for me

when i had my note ii i actually used it for everything  because of the battery life and because it was a phablet

Last edited:

Your welcome...see it wasnt a hardware issue
i never said that the wifi was a hardware issue. i said they needed to replace his phone since their update basically destroyed a part of its functionality. i said the pink/purple tint in the camera was a hardware issue, which it is lol

Dropped my phone in the toilet today, I immediately took it out and put it in rice.

The phone seems to be working fine, except the speaker is extremely low. Should I expect it to get better or is this the best its going to get? Between this and the screen cracking a few months ago I feel like I need a new phone lol. FML

Same thing with my One, I thought it was just me, how do I fix this? :x

Thanks, ill just deal with it, Ive slept though it for all these months, another month won't kill me since the HTC One 2014 is around the corner.

Didn't eem realize how good the stock file explorer was on the g2. About to uninstall es file explorer since I don't need it. This phone impresses me more and more each day :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom