Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

What is this? Everyday i get one of these texts

anyone here having problems with MMS on Textra? I haven't been able to send pics since last week, but I do receive them from time to time. I have a N4 on T Mobile if that matters.
had to set mms pic size to 2mb 
what's good toru
pimp.gif

yea I set it to 2mb and it still does not wanna send
whatup homie, how you been?

did you reboot after setting it to 2mb? i had to do that to get it to work

if that doesnt work try checking the set apn manually box 

Alright, kids. Question time.

What would you do to make the next, and possibly the last, Nexus the best yet? I love my Nexus 5. It's the most reliable phone I have ever used. I like it's subtle look, size and the texture of the back. So what would you add?

I like the idea of the curved screen on a 5 inch device. That's how LG should have introduced the technology anyway.

I'd like a better camera, obviously. There's no reason the Android phone sporting the purest version of Android can't have a stellar camera.

I'd like better speakers as well.
Easy.

I would start by reducing it to a 4.5" screen. Next, I would make it so that it's extremely difficult to alter the OS. Last, I would double the price.

I kid... That's the iPhone. I like the idea of having multiple tiers. Nothing too drastic. Just a better camera and maybe more storage in the premier model. A better battery (and more efficient Android 5.0) is needed. Otherwise, I'm not asking for much different. I like the low cost model.

thinkin about copping a nexus 5 for the cheap...

i loved the nexus 4...no reason for me to get anohter one...

i just want it.
frown.gif

anybody else have an N4 and will wait for the N6?

i think i read somewhere that they're discontinuing the Nexus lineup...

if so... my bucket list buys will be the 2015 challenger and the nexus 5... since they're both getting discontinued...
You're missing out on LTE.

thinkin about copping a nexus 5 for the cheap...

i loved the nexus 4...no reason for me to get anohter one...

i just want it. :frown:

anybody else have an N4 and will wait for the N6?

i think i read somewhere that they're discontinuing the Nexus lineup...

if so... my bucket list buys will be the 2015 challenger and the nexus 5... since they're both getting discontinued...

You're missing out on LTE.

Nexus 4 here. Not missing LTE at all.

I understand dudes want to upgrade. But this phone does what I need it to do and do it efficiently. Unless the nexus 6 has front facing speakers, I'll probably be able to hold out until the nexus 7 Or whatever they're going to call it. If it's going to be another LG nexus phone, I'll definitely be on the sidelines

Last edited:
Alright, so I've had a HTC One since November, when KitKat first officially dropped for Sprint, I updated, ever since the update I haven't been able to connect to my home wifi network, don't know why, but I've gone through Sprint and HTC support with no luck, HTC acknowledged that they knew it happened to a couple people, but the solutions they gave me didn't work.

I've done 3 factory resets to my phone with no luck, can anyone help me out?

I really don't want to replace the phone since it was a pain to find it in red, but that might be my only option at this point.

I've tried other networks just fine, I tried swapping out my router for one I bought a while back and it didn't work.

Last edited:
Have you tried Viper4Android? I too am kind of an audiophile and this app has been a godsend the last couple of yrs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

I've used viper, voodoo, and dolby drivers.

They don't make up for less than stellar hardware. Although, I do recommend Sensonic if its available for your device.

What is this? Everyday i get one of these texts

You on Sprint?

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mo...ussion?content=/api/core/v2/discussions/78285

Last edited:
Repped, you using it on da g flex?
Finally got the battery settled on my g2, got 28hrs on one charge and around 4 hours ost. Could've went even longer if I didn't play sonic dash and subway surfer for 2 hours :lol:

I don't eem need it on da GFlex. I'm ridin natural bruh

Alright, so I've had a HTC One since November, when KitKat first officially dropped for Sprint, I updated, ever since the update I haven't been able to connect to my home wifi network, don't know why, but I've gone through Sprint and HTC support with no luck, HTC acknowledged that they knew it happened to a couple people, but the solutions they gave me didn't work.

I've done 3 factory resets to my phone with no luck, can anyone help me out?

I really don't want to replace the phone since it was a pain to find it in red, but that might be my only option at this point.

I've tried other networks just fine, I tried swapping out my router for one I bought a while back and it didn't work.
HTC's customer service is the absolute WORST. They dont know how to fix half the problems from manufacturing. Your home wifi network, does it have 2 bands? As in the 2.7 and 5.1 (i think) frequencies? If it does, try connecting to the 5 one. If that doesnt work, try connecting to a different wifi connection. Ask a neighbor if you could try it really quick and have them put in their password. If you find out you cant use wifi AT ALL they need to scale you back to 4.3 because 4.4 has removed functionality.

But honestly, to anyone THINKING of buying the htc one or the upcoming htc one2, DONT. stay away from HTC. they really dont care about you.

HTC's customer service is the absolute WORST. They dont know how to fix half the problems from manufacturing. Your home wifi network, does it have 2 bands? As in the 2.7 and 5.1 (i think) frequencies? If it does, try connecting to the 5 one. If that doesnt work, try connecting to a different wifi connection. Ask a neighbor if you could try it really quick and have them put in their password. If you find out you cant use wifi AT ALL they need to scale you back to 4.3 because 4.4 has removed functionality.

But honestly, to anyone THINKING of buying the htc one or the upcoming htc one2, DONT. stay away from HTC. they really dont care about you.

HTC is a great OEM. Sorry that you had a horrible experience, but I've been nothing but 100% satisfied with all of my devices and HTC's service. (Nexus One, myTouch 4G, Amaze, etc).

HTC is a great OEM. Sorry that you had a horrible experience, but I've been nothing but 100% satisfied with all of my devices and HTC's service. (Nexus One, myTouch 4G, Amaze, etc).
dont get me wrong im a long time htc customer. and theyd done well in the past... until i had a manufacturing issue. then this happened ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2247754&page=8

and the purple/pink tint happened.

now that theres a problem, they wont stand behind the product in this case, the HTC One which i notice u didnt mention having. cliffnotes on the 100+ page thread from xda is that we all were early adopters of the htc one. we all got it when it dropped pretty much. our camera lenses all fractured on their own. the exact same way. case or no case. for the first few weeks all the cracked lenses were from the exact same batch in the same factory. we all repeatedly contacted htc who ignored us. we continued to do so. here we are almost exactly a year later, theyre STILL ignoring us. In fact, since the thread has started...they raised the repair price of that little half inch circle of plastic from $90 to $120.

for that reason...i cant stand with htc anymore. A $600 phone with 0 support from the company that made it. unacceptable. Its always easy to say a company has been good to you when things are going well. But when ish hits the fan and you need them in your corner...you expect them to be there. especially on manufacturing issues. im just keeping it real for my NTfam. And i too had the Amaze, g2, mytouch 3g, mytouch4g slide as my previous 4 phones before the htc one. none of them have ever had physical damage to answer whether im a good owner or not.

Last edited:
dont get me wrong im a long time htc customer. and theyd done well in the past... until i had a manufacturing issue. then this happened ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2247754&page=8

and the purple/pink tint happened.

now that theres a problem, they wont stand behind the product in this case, the HTC One which i notice u didnt mention having. cliffnotes on the 100+ page thread from xda is that we all were early adopters of the htc one. we all got it when it dropped pretty much. our camera lenses all fractured on their own. the exact same way. case or no case. for the first few weeks all the cracked lenses were from the exact same batch in the same factory. we all repeatedly contacted htc who ignored us. we continued to do so. here we are almost exactly a year later, theyre STILL ignoring us. In fact, since the thread has started...they raised the repair price of that little half inch circle of plastic from $90 to $120.

for that reason...i cant stand with htc anymore. A $600 phone with 0 support from the company that made it. unacceptable. Its always easy to say a company has been good to you when things are going well. But when ish hits the fan and you need them in your corner...you expect them to be there. especially on manufacturing issues. im just keeping it real for my NTfam. And i too had the Amaze, g2, mytouch 3g, mytouch4g slide as my previous 4 phones before the htc one. none of them have ever had physical damage to answer whether im a good owner or not.

Damn, sorry that happened to you.

That definitely makes me feel some type of way towards HTC. I was thinking about getting that One+... I'll probably pass now.

:smh:

Damn, sorry that happened to you.

That definitely makes me feel some type of way towards HTC. I was thinking about getting that One+... I'll probably pass now.

mean.gif
im just trying to pass on the knowledge man. and what really sucks about it...is besides the camera flaws+customer support, I LOVE the phone. if they had actually nipped the cracked lens issue when it started i would only sing praises of them reacting to a bad issue. that shows good will towards customers and really wouldnt cost them diddly to replace these half inch circles. but the fact that they ignored us so blatantly. on one day in there, we had over 30 people call. ON THE SAME DAY. they still said that they hadnt heard of the issue yet. unless their call center has 100+ people working calls for the US alone (hard to believe. think about it, could u call a customer support line and get 30 different people before talking to the same person?) theyre just in flat out denial. employees and managers alike.
mean.gif
i dont even want the samsung line of phones but htc forced me and everyone elses hand on that thing. u cant support a company that pretends problems with their products dont exist.

samsung is about to get my money by default
mean.gif
and i hate it.

Asus emailed me saying there fixing me nexus 7 for a one time courtesy. I knew they were just trying to scam some people trying to charge some 141 to fix it.

I've only dealt with HTC directly in Taiwan (which is where they're based out of). They have a couple of flagship stores.

I dropped by with my One because it had the tint camera. They just gave me a new phone on the spot :lol:

Nah, I visit from time to time tho.

I wish I could use my dual sim + sd card One out here :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom