Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 [h1]Alleged HTC Butterfly S successor shows up in AnTuTu database[/h1]
04 April, 2014 | Comments (6)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidRumors

A mysterious HTC device with high-end specs made an appearance in the AnTuTu benchmark database. Carrying the model number 0PAJ3, the mysterious handset could be a successor to the HTC Butterfly S.

HTC 0PAJ3 specs (click to enlarge)

Listed specs of the HTC 0PAJ3 include Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB of RAM, 1080p display, and 16GB of built-in memory. The OS is Android 4.4.2 KitKat.

Curiously, the yet to be revealed device appears to have a conventional 13MP main camera instead of the UltraPixel camera of the HTC One (M8). The front-facing snapper is a 5MP unit.

There are no available announcement or availability details on the HTC 0PAJ3 for the time being. We hope it will not be a long wait before we get the full scoop on the device.

Source (in Chinese)  | Via
Most interesting part of this article. I liked the butterfly s more than the one last year. Wonder how the camera software paired with a more traditional camera is going to turn out.

Last edited:
^^ foreal though. The s5 worst drops than the s4 and the screen came out fine. Joint got ran over and its still fine. Screen is built proof 
pimp.gif

Very well built device

Last edited:
Just got my gold M8 in yesterday.  Free Overnight Shipping from HTC.

Impressions:

Phone is BEAUTIFUL.  Every detail screams Craftmanship.  

Phone is BLAZING FAST!!!  I cannot stress this enough.  This joint is literally faster and smoother than any phone i've had, including my iPhones.  This thing DESTROYS my friend's 5s.  

Camera....ehh.  Not the best on the market, but certainly not terrible or a deal-breaker.

Battery i'll have to comment on after a few more days of use, but so far it is killing my Note 2.

Love the 32GB + sd slot incase I want to expand.  

Everything, else, screen, speakers, etc, is what you'd expect. All solid.  

Any questions, just ask away.

Last edited:
Can you operate with one hand comfortably?
For me, yes.  My hands are about average sized,  The only place on the screen that is a stretch for the thumb is probably the top left corner.    Now the power button is hard to operate one-handed, but the little tap-on feature pretty much eliminates having to reach for the button all the time.

Impressions:

Phone is BLAZING FAST!!!  I cannot stress this enough.  This joint is literally faster and smoother than any phone i've had, including my iPhones.  This thing DESTROYS my friend's 5s.  

Camera....ehh.  Not the best on the market, but certainly not terrible or a deal-breaker.

Battery i'll have to comment on after a few more days of use, but so far it is killing my Note 2.

Phones out the box a r e always fast, wait until you start using it and loading apps

Impressions:

Phones out the box a r e always fast, wait until you start using it and loading apps
I've loaded this thing up, trust me lol.  I downloaded all my apps (70+), while simultaneously restoring 60,000+ text messages, thousands of photos, videos, from the cloud in the background, While all that was going on, I watched tutorials on YouTube, sent some files over bluetooth, listened to music to test the BoomSound speakers, etc.  This phone WOULD NOT choke.  I closed no apps, had no special settings going on, deleted nothing.  I've dealt with many phones over the years and recently (G2, S4, N3, S5
wink.gif
, Nexus5, iphone 5, 5c, 5s, etc) so trust me when I say this...right now this phone is the fastest i've used speed-wise.  Coming from other phones its very noticeable.

Last edited:
Amazing job and sense don't belong in the same sentence :x but the m7 was one if my faves of last year

Late to the party. N5 running purity and francos kernal. Going to try the suggestion on carbon and liquid from the others page.

I need help. My phone was acting up last night. It was responding slowly and it wouldn't charge so I turned it off. When I did,I got a weird android icon and it said please do not turn off phone downloading so I left it alone for about 10 mins. I said eff it and I took out the battery and SIM card and waited for about 5 mins and I put it back in and everything was normal it is just that my charger takes forever to charge my phone. I have a galaxy note II and it is running on everything stock and I think it's on 4.3. Please help. Has it happened to anyone before? Any advice? Thanks.

I need help. My phone was acting up last night. It was responding slowly and it wouldn't charge so I turned it off. When I did,I got a weird android icon and it said please do not turn off phone downloading so I left it alone for about 10 mins. I said eff it and I took out the battery and SIM card and waited for about 5 mins and I put it back in and everything was normal it is just that my charger takes forever to charge my phone. I have a galaxy note II and it is running on everything stock and I think it's on 4.3. Please help. Has it happened to anyone before? Any advice? Thanks.

Have you tried another USB cord?

Reactions: Ube

You accidentally booted into Download Mode. :lol:

Its used for when the manufacturer puts carried a specific firmware on the device. You can safely remove the battery any time the phone is in this mode as long as you are not using ODIN.

Download Mode is usually enabled by holding the Power Button + Vol Up, so its easy to accidentally do.

For the slow charging, try getting another charger. Make sure its the correct ampage (you can search for one on amazon)

Reactions: Ube

I've loaded this thing up, trust me lol.  I downloaded all my apps (70+), while simultaneously restoring 60,000+ text messages, thousands of photos, videos, from the cloud in the background, While all that was going on, I watched tutorials on YouTube, sent some files over bluetooth, listened to music to test the BoomSound speakers, etc.  This phone WOULD NOT choke.  I closed no apps, had no special settings going on, deleted nothing.  I've dealt with many phones over the years and recently (G2, S4, N3, S5
wink.gif
, Nexus5, iphone 5, 5c, 5s, etc) so trust me when I say this...right now this phone is the fastest i've used speed-wise.  Coming from other phones its very noticeable.
Phones can only get so fast. It is no way it is the fastest epsically when the G2 is instant when loading apps or when you press buttons and both have the same cpu chip basically

it is safe to say it is as fast as the other phones such as g2

And take that ugly usb cord out of your phone

Last edited:

Have you tried another USB cord?
I did but it's charging slow but not as bad as my other charger.

You accidentally booted into Download Mode. :lol:

Its used for when the manufacturer puts carried a specific firmware on the device. You can safely remove the battery any time the phone is in this mode as long as you are not using ODIN.

Download Mode is usually enabled by holding the Power Button + Vol Up, so its easy to accidentally do.

For the slow charging, try getting another charger. Make sure its the correct ampage (you can search for one on amazon)
yeah it charges just slower. Thanks for the help. :nthat:

Only thing I hate about g2, don't know if it's all androids but when you close a app it don't actually close out. It stays running in background and takes up memory

So I'm upgrading my phone soon and I can't decide between the S5 and the One M8. I've watched hours of/read reviews and I still can't really pick a winner. Can someone convince me to go one phone or the other?
In the same boat, I want to stay faithful to the galaxy line (S1 and S3) but intrigued if there is something better in market.

it is safe to say it is as fast as the other phones such as g2

And take that ugly usb cord out of your phone

The M8 is actually significantly faster than the G2 in a very measurable way. The G2 has a Snapdragon 800, whereas the M8 has the 801.

On top of being a completely different chip set, the M8's processor is tuned higher than the G2's by default and is also capable of higher over clock rates.

This guy. :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom