• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Benchmarks are NOT a reliable way to gauge speed on any computing device. A benchmark is only a simulation of pre-determined instructions, and while it may give you an idea of how fast your phone is, it is not a real measurement of anything. To test this hypothesis, run a benchmark on your device. Then, flash a new ROM and run that same benchmark. Chances are that the scores will be completely different, despite the benchmark running on the EXACT same device. It has more to do with the kernel's scheduler of tasks than the actual processors, in cases where they are comparable.

http://www.technorms.com/39658/android-benchmarks-explained-scores

Couple this with the fact that just about every OEM cheats on these benchmarks (by making them run artificially faster on their processors through optimization,) and you'll realize that benchmarks don't actually tell you anything of significant value.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/02/repor...id-oems-not-just-samsung-cheat-on-benchmarks/

You'd know that...if you actually worked in the tech field or knew anything about the stats you carelessly throw around. :rofl: You know what, I'm actually starting to get to like this guy. In the annoying relative that doesn't know what he's talking about sort of way.

You really have no idea what you're talking about... and it's grand, because you actually think you're a credible source on these matters.

Last edited:
Benchmarks are NOT a reliable way to gauge speed on any computing device. A benchmark is only a simulation of pre-determined instructions, and while it may give you an idea of how fast your phone is, it is not a real measurement of anything. To test this hypothesis, run a benchmark on your device. Then, flash a new ROM and run that same benchmark. Chances are that the scores will be completely different, despite the benchmark running on the EXACT same device. It has more to do with the kernel's scheduler of tasks than the actual processors, in cases where they are comparable.

http://www.technorms.com/39658/android-benchmarks-explained-scores

Couple this with the fact that just about every OEM cheats on these benchmarks (by making them run artificially faster on their processors through optimization,) and you'll realize that benchmarks don't actually tell you anything of significant value.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/10/02/repor...id-oems-not-just-samsung-cheat-on-benchmarks/

You'd know that...if you actually worked in the tech field or knew anything about the stats you carelessly throw around. :rofl: You know what, I'm actually starting to get to like this guy. In the annoying relative that doesn't know what he's talking about sort of way.

You really have no idea what you're talking about... and it's grand, because you actually think you're a credible source on these matters.

When people get proved wrong they will start digging for anything to solidify their point even if it means digging it out of a pile of cow poop..

Dis guy

When people get proved wrong they will start digging for anything to solidify their point even if it means digging it out of a pile of cow poop..

Dis guy

Doggie...

Each time I've proved you wrong, both about this and the security issues a little while ago, I've used trusted sources in each community relative to the topic (e.g. info security in addition to Android and what benchmarks actually mean.) You, and anyone else, can feel free to search through multiple websites that will back up my claims. Or, just try out the benchmark on different ROMs. Benchmark your stock ROM and then flash CM and run it with your LG G2. Screenshot it. There is a reason why most devs don't include benchmark screenshots in their projects anymore like back in the early Gingerbread days (and when we did then, it was often because it was requested. :wink: )

You pick and choose little bits of info to back up your points without actually looking into it. But it's cool, ignorance is bliss I guess.

How's that gig at Apple, by the way?

:rofl:

Last edited:
Doggie...

Each time I've proved you wrong, both about this and the security issues a little while ago, I've used trusted sources in each community relative to the topic (e.g. info security in addition to Android and what benchmarks actually mean.) You, and anyone else, can feel free to search through multiple websites that will back up my claims. Or, just try out the benchmark on different ROMs. Benchmark your stock ROM and then flash CM and run it with your LG G2. Screenshot it. There is a reason why most devs don't include benchmark screenshots in their projects anymore like back in the early Gingerbread days (and when we did then, it was often because it was requested. :wink: )

You pick and choose little bits of info to back up your points without actually looking into it. But it's cool, ignorance is bliss I guess.

How's that gig at Apple, by the way?

:rofl:
apple gig? Please elaborate ... Thought this dude was a millionaire ..

Played the M8 earlier.. Phone is stupid fast, camera isn't terrible I took a few different shots, not enough to make a real judgement but it isn't terrible, not great either. It's speedy everywhere I didn't see any hiccups anywhere, no surprise as the m7 was very similar. It's about on par with iphone smoothness all around, wouldn't say better. I didn't use it long enough to really say.

Dope phone tho.. Wanna play with the s5 next week or whenever it drops.

Couple weeks back there was a brief discussion on torrents and security. Our friend superb superb was mistaken about a few of the topics he spoke on, and I corrected him citing information from trusted security sources with examples.

Instead of countering with evidence of his own, he says

You dont know anything I work for apple and I was a IT tech monitoring a network back in the days

Because working at a computer company = expert in computer. He didn't know that I actually work in the IT sector of the govt and have extensive knowledge of security (CEH) in addition to Deving Android projects on the side.

He has tens of thousands of dollars in loans, yet he claims to have hundreds of thousands in the bank and plays with 2k a day.

He works for Apple, also sells unmarked goods from China, and yet he doesn't know about the things that many people in those respective industries know.

I'm pretty sure he's just one of those cats who fixes iPhone screens at kiosks in the mall

Last edited:
roll.gif

as far as I know. I think they said some pre-orders should ship as soon as the 8th. 
Thanks for the info
No problem man. I just looked it up again and the big 5 carriers (sprint,tmo,att,verizon,us cellular) and best buy will have it on the 11th. Only carriers that won't are the prepaid joints... they plan on releasing later on.

The M8 is actually significantly faster than the G2 in a very measurable way. The G2 has a Snapdragon 800, whereas the M8 has the 801.

On top of being a completely different chip set, the M8's processor is tuned higher than the G2's by default and is also capable of higher over clock rates.

This guy. :rofl:

Funny. Bench marks shows the opposite
http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-M8-AnTuTu-Quadrant-and-other-benchmark-scores_id54338

Dis guy
Funny. TechnoBuffalo says the opposite
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d/+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
nternally, you’ll find some of the best specs that are possible for a smartphone maker to add right now, including a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of storage (our unit had 32GB) and, finally, support for expanding your storage with up to a 128GB microSD card. All of that hardware was more than enough to cut through apps and games without any issue — the whole system just flies. For those keeping track at home, however, the One (M8) received a Quadrant score of 22,500.

[Biggie] ...and another one[/Biggie]
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8-review-1062p5.php

Not done bruh,

Homie scored 24,000+

Hold up,
http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/smartphones/htc-one-m8.aspx

I mean I could keep going but all this says is BM are ********. We off that. You must still be comfortable under the rock.

Son is butthurt that a phone could be faster than his beloved G2 
roll.gif
.  Son put his life behind them benchmarks 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

We're all on the same team in here man.  We should be happy at anything that pushes the envelope technology wise.  Everyone in here should have realized a long time ago that their phone wont be the new kid on the block for long.  Tech is moving too fast for that.  Get what you like and be happy.

For those with M8 questions, keep em coming.

Couple weeks back there was a brief discussion on torrents and security. Our friend superb superb was mistaken about a few of the topics he spoke on, and I corrected him citing information from trusted security sources with examples.

Instead of countering with evidence of his own, he says

You dont know anything I work for apple and I was a IT tech monitoring a network back in the days

Because working at a computer company = expert in computer. He didn't know that I actually work in the IT sector of the govt and have extensive knowledge of security (CEH) in addition to Deving Android projects on the side.

He has tens of thousands of dollars in loans, yet he claims to have hundreds of thousands in the bank and plays with 2k a day.

He works for Apple, also sells unmarked goods from China, and yet he doesn't know about the things that many people in those respective industries know.

I'm pretty sure he's just one of those cats who fixes iPhone screens at kiosks in the mall

Jesus.

*plays Shots Fired*

debating if i should swoop up a M8, got the N5 now and my contract up with AT&T 

dat all black M8 tho 
pimp.gif

-no black =(

Last edited:
Ya'll getting my hopes up thinking perhaps my M8 is just a one-off crappy device. Waiting for the replacement to come any day now.

Still no local spots have any nice cases or screen protectors. Ordered a tempered glass joint from Korea (I think).

How's the Wi-Fi on the M8 with my Note I remember I'd get dead spots in my room, but with my iphone no problem. Probably going to just get the M8 for sure and have that last me for two years.

Back
Top Bottom