Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
laugh.gif
 Alright I bought one. Had some amazon reward cash anyways. 

Hmmm. Now you guys got me intrigued. I currently watch my shows from my laptop to my PS3 with the media server. Is this basically the same thing? The transfer rate on that is so slow but if this is a better/faster alternative then I'm sold.
I stream Showbox with no show downs whatsoever ... I have a good connection so that might be a contributing factor ...

I also stream YouTube and Netflix ...

I like it better than streaming to Xbox or PS as with the Chromecast you can move it ask around the house and also take it on trips or family houses. Plus it's only 30 bucks ... Why not?
you just using showbox x avia for your chromecast streaming?

I use Y2cast with showbox/moliplayer to Chromecast.

I tried dl'ing xbmc, but ran into an error along the way. I believe at the part where I have to direct some files into the file manager.

Will try again shortly, but showbox has been sooo money for me, that I'm not pressed. Caught up with Sons of Anarchy. Watching Luther & Eastbound and Down.

That Katy Mixon tingles my loins.

Last edited:
Showbox is more than good enough.. Xbmc does what it does except it includes live tv most notably sports and ppv stuff :smokin

Bought a Chromecast today and hooked it up along with Avia.... No more laptop watching struggles. This might be the most useful thing on my phone.
nice huh? Do you have showbox working as well? No more cords and you can take that joint everywhere?
Hmmm. Now you guys got me intrigued. I currently watch my shows from my laptop to my PS3 with the media server. Is this basically the same thing? The transfer rate on that is so slow but if this is a better/faster alternative then I'm sold.
Man this is instantaneous, I am in disbelief at it. I asked both Keko and Carver about buffering times and they both said there wasnt any and I didnt want to believe them, but I used it today, and will cosign it heavily.

I'm watching 6 Souls via my phone and ChromeCast in addition I'm surfing the net and posting here. The convenience of the phone.
Yeah I expected to have to keep my phone with the screen on and with the app open but it runs in the background and I have experienced ZERO BATTERY DRAIN whilst using it.

Bonus reps for you and Carver for putting me on

I use showbox with the Imedia app which streams to my dlna wifi tv or my xbox
I did it with my Xbox One at first, its not nearly as good as the chromecast. The XB1 doesnt pick up all the formats.

I need to go to walmart 
laugh.gif
 Y'all got me hype about this showbox x chromecast setup

I use Y2cast with showbox/moliplayer to Chromecast.

I tried dl'ing xbmc, but ran into an error along the way. I believe at the part where I have to direct some files into the file manager.

Will try again shortly, but showbox has been sooo money for me, that I'm not pressed. Caught up with Sons of Anarchy. Watching Luther & Eastbound and Down.

That Katy Mixon tingles my loins.
You have to copy playercorefactory.xml to the XBMC data folder. However you need to verify that the string used are for moli player.

Yeah I expected to have to keep my phone with the screen on and with the app open but it runs in the background and I have experienced ZERO BATTERY DRAIN whilst using it.

Bonus reps for you and Carver for putting me on

I did it with my Xbox One at first, its not nearly as good as the chromecast. The XB1 doesnt pick up all the formats.
I use aold xbox 360 slim but streaming directly to my wifi tv works good.

Probably pick up a chrome cast now for when im on the road or my other tv that is not wifi

Not sure about the Chromecast stuff here.

I have one, but have only used it with Netflix.

Can I cast local files from my PC without using cloud?

What is so good about it? I thought the whole point of chromecast was being able to stream from your phone to tv with avia

Do you even showbox bruh??

All jokes aside I think he ment the fact that you can use avia pro to stream showbox with damn good quality with the chromecast to your television.

Showbox + Chromecast is awesome so far... Plex with Chromecast is also pretty solid for casting files from your computer to your TV.

Enlighten me on this showbox to chrome cast streaming.
I do have showbox.
How do you stream it from your phone to the chromecast? Do you need to have wifi set up on the chromecast ?

Last edited:
Enlighten me on this showbox to chrome cast streaming.

I do have showbox.

How do you stream it from your phone to the chromecast? Do you need to have wifi set up on the chromecast ?
Yeah and you need to have an app called Avia, the premium version which allows casting to your Chromecast. Once you have that, you select the video you want to watch, select Avia as your viewing app, and in the top right corner theres going to be an option to cast it to you Chromecast.

Swiftkey Beta is so unstable.... I liked the built in emoji support but its not worth having the app crash every 20 minutes.
An update came out on Monday with some bug fixes if you wanted to try it out again 
I'm on it right now. Good looks becuase I wouldnt have gone back to look.

I don't have a chromecast but can I stream showbox to my xbone ?
Nope. Tried it all day yesterday with my Xbox One initially and nothing from showbox would play. All the videos I took on my phone loaded instantly but no showbox vids. Went and copped the Chromecast and boom instant connectivity. I assumed it was a media format issue because I always ran into those when trying to do this kind of thing with my 360.

Last edited:
I don't have a chromecast but can I stream showbox to my xbone ?
Nope. Tried it all day yesterday with my Xbox One initially and nothing from showbox would play. All the videos I took on my phone loaded instantly but no showbox vids. Went and copped the Chromecast and boom instant connectivity. I assumed it was a media format issue because I always ran into those when trying to do this kind of thing with my 360.

It's definitely a format issue. Some movies would show up on my One and some it wouldn't catch at all and I would have to switch to the Chromecast.

Back
Top Bottom