• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There was talks a few weeks ago of Google putting out a high end and super low end line. This may be the start of it.

I'll be switching to someone else though if they go strictly high end. I'm not for any kind of contract anymore and I'm not comfortable paying 600 for a phone.

Well, I did it NTFam! I finally joined AT&T last night 
nthat.gif

Sold my S4 for $325, bought a N5 for myself for $250 with a screen protector and spigen neo hybrid case already with it.

Got wifey the S5 and got my sister the Moto X. You guys were right... that X is quietly a very nice phone and close to vanilla without having a Google phone.

My best friend that works in the store took care of everything and we actually walked out with a $40 gift card 
laugh.gif

And I still got the $300 credit for opening 3 lines
nthat.gif

Feels good to have so many options for phones now over VZW. Definitely going to check out the OnePlus One for myself now since I can get it

Pulled 30 Mbps down and 9 Mbps up on my way to work this morning.

Now to try and get the wife's ETF fee waived since she didn't have service at her job and couldn't receive emails/texts/calls while at work. Hopefully her being with child can be the reason I need for getting it waived (we really are expecting in July) 
laugh.gif

Well, I did it NTFam! I finally joined AT&T last night :nthat:

Sold my S4 for $325, bought a N5 for myself for $250 with a screen protector and spigen neo hybrid case already with it.
Got wifey the S5 and got my sister the Moto X. You guys were right... that X is quietly a very nice phone and close to vanilla without having a Google phone.

My best friend that works in the store took care of everything and we actually walked out with a $40 gift card :lol:
And I still got the $300 credit for opening 3 lines :nthat:  

Feels good to have so many options for phones now over VZW. Definitely going to check out the OnePlus One for myself now since I can get it

Pulled 30 Mbps down and 9 Mbps up on my way to work this morning.

Now to try and get the wife's ETF fee waived since she didn't have service at her job and couldn't receive emails/texts/calls while at work. Hopefully her being with child can be the reason I need for getting it waived (we really are expecting in July) :lol:

I get you wanted the $300 credit, but did you sign a contract with them for all that?

You coulda just got a straight talk sim using AT&T service for $45 a month unlimited.

If you're not a contract, you may still want to do that.

I get you wanted the $300 credit, but did you sign a contract with them for all that?

You coulda just got a straight talk sim using AT&T service for $45 a month unlimited.

If you're not a contract, you may still want to do that.
Yea I was going through the options and stuff, and just decided on this. My line is not on a contract and am going to try and keep it that way. The wife and sister are but they never upgrade and I used to end up taking their upgrades previously, so we shall see how it plays out now with them. But yea, the line credits are basically going towards paying the remainder of the VZW contracts I still had out there. I might ask my friend about the straight talk plans though.

Accidental rep :lol: but you enjoy that. Gotta be on the same WiFi network and have Chromecast (app) installed on the Tablet. Try to stream Netflix or something from the tablet. Then go back into Chrome.

I actually haven't tried to stream Chrome from my phone/tablet...just the pc. Ill try it tonight as well and update you

Appreciate the response. Yeah the tablet and chromecast is on the same WiFi, tablet is connected to WiFi and chromcast, but I just dont have the option to cast.

You can't cast something from the chrome browser of a phone or tablet. Only from a computer.

Bought a Chromecast today and hooked it up along with Avia.... No more laptop watching struggles. This might be the most useful thing on my phone.

Bought a Chromecast today and hooked it up along with Avia.... No more laptop watching struggles. This might be the most useful thing on my phone.
nice huh? Do you have showbox working as well? No more cords and you can take that joint everywhere?

Those of you still looking for another option to Cast from your phone/tab to Chromecast, try EZCast. Works well casting from my Nexus 7 and Note 2. Best of all, it's free!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.actionsmicro.ezcast

Thanks. I'll try Showbox with this.

nice huh? Do you have showbox working as well? No more cords and you can take that joint everywhere?

I tried to get it work myself, but I couldn't. I read that folks are having problems using the N4 with Avia for some reason...

Last edited:
Yup. I'm gonna look into the whole XBMC thing next but I'm very satisfied with this right now.
everything on XBMC works except live sporting events and live TV. There are no apps that work for that yet. Sometimes you'll see that Avia gives you an error message so try again or try another link. It will work ....

The M8 is dope so far I have no regrets . Content wise Android has caught up :pimp: playing Clash of Clans is too nice.

I am with you. I was afraid that I would be over the m8 quick. But haven't looked back or missed my iphone 5 yet. Android has definitely come a long way.

Thanks. I'll try Showbox with this.
I tried to get it work myself, but I couldn't. I read that folks are having problems using the N4 with Avia for some reason...

Can't stream from Showbox with EZCast. What I do is download movies or shows while at work, and stream them from the phones storage. Saves the step of transferring. It will cast anything stored on the phone though.

Can't stream from Showbox with EZCast. What I do is download movies or shows while at work, and stream them from the phones storage. Saves the step of transferring. It will cast anything stored on the phone though.
totally useless for me.

Guess its time for me to cop a chromecast

[h1]HTC One (M8) Harman/Kardon edition goes official for Sprint[/h1]
29 April, 2014 | Comments (23)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidSprint

At an event in New York City, Sprint and HTC took the wraps of a special edition One (M8)Harman/Kardon. The previously leaked, premium audio-centric smartphone will be sold exclusively on Sprint Wireless in the United States in a black/gold color scheme.

gsmarena_001.jpg

As expected, the biggest change which the Harman/Kardon M8 brings is enhanced audio experience. The handset offers lossless HD audio via a 24 bit/192kHz DAC. The latter delivers roughly six times the information of compact disc music and 60 times the information of an MP3 or streaming music source when playing FLAC files.

HTC One (M8) Harman/Kardon edition official photos

Furthermore, the special edition device will ship with Harman Clari-Fi application. Available for the first time in a mobile device, the app “rebuilds” a track’s audio quality which was lost during its compression.

The rest of the device’s specs have remained unchanged. The HTC One (M8) Harman/Kardon edition totes a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC with 2.3GHz quad-core CPU, 5” 1080P display, Ultra Pixel camera, and Sense-d Android 4.4.2 KitKat.

In addition to the attractive new color scheme, the HTC One (M) Harman/Kardon edition will ship with Harman/Kardon AE-S headphones in the box. Users who opt for the smartphone will also be able to snag a Harman/Kardon Onyx Studio speaker for $99.99, down from its regular price of $399.99.

To top things off, Sprint customers will receive six months of free Spotify premium. All they need to do is opt for the carrier’s Framily plan.

The special edition HTC One (M8) Harman/Kardon will be available to order online this Friday, on May 2. It will hit retail stores on May 9. The smartphone can be purchased with $0 down and 24 payments of $28.34 (a total of $680.16).

Source

Hmmm. Now you guys got me intrigued. I currently watch my shows from my laptop to my PS3 with the media server. Is this basically the same thing? The transfer rate on that is so slow but if this is a better/faster alternative then I'm sold.

Hmmm. Now you guys got me intrigued. I currently watch my shows from my laptop to my PS3 with the media server. Is this basically the same thing? The transfer rate on that is so slow but if this is a better/faster alternative then I'm sold.
I stream Showbox with no show downs whatsoever ... I have a good connection so that might be a contributing factor ...

I also stream YouTube and Netflix ...

I like it better than streaming to Xbox or PS as with the Chromecast you can move it ask around the house and also take it on trips or family houses. Plus it's only 30 bucks ... Why not?

Last edited:
It's not a very expensive setup either.. And a lot easier to pack a chromecast and your phone on a trip then a laptop and ps3 lol

I'm watching 6 Souls via my phone and ChromeCast in addition I'm surfing the net and posting here. The convenience of the phone.

Back
Top Bottom