• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've liked the reviews I've seen for the Turbo so far.

I don't mind the design, I'm already on Verizon, I'd take a thicker phone for bigger battery, and the Verizon bloat seems able to be disabled and unobtrusive plus it's pretty much stock Android.

Battery, screen, beastly specs... I'll take a more bland design and style if that's the biggest drawback. I'd like to have expandable memory, but I've survived with 32GB so far, and I could opt for the 64GB and be okay.

Sooooo I got my droid turbo in today.......

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

that is literally how the phone was in the box. Not a single bit of padding in the entire box, absolutely ****** ridiculous

They was just showing you how durable the phone is man :lol:

Last edited:
Would love the Turbo if it was the size of the Note, played with in the store and just felt too small. The Nexus 6 reviews are making me hesitant as well. It's between than and the Note 4 for me right now.

biggest issue with the nexus 6 is the question about slow read speeds. check the ars technica review. causes lag.

considering canceling my order. hopefully more clarity on the issue will emerge in the next couple days.

I'd like to know why some people chose the Note 4 over the Nexus 6. Both are fantastic phones, but what made you decide one way or the other?

AnandTech | The Nexus 6 Review

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8687/the-nexus-6-review

Doesn't look good at all

Welp. That's disappointing.

Not really, some of that stuff can be ironed out with software and firmware updates. That's the beauty of the the Nexus line, that stuff gets sorted fairly quickly. Also, we don't know what version of the OS that reviewer was using. There's a day one update that hit yesterday.

I would hope the battery aspect of things can be fixed with some software tweaks. The dim screen issue looks to be a hardware thing.

I'd like to know why some people chose the Note 4 over the Nexus 6. Both are fantastic phones, but what made you decide one way or the other?

Anandtech's review is pretty convincing

Is anyone flashing Lollipop? I've never tried it, but I'm interested once N4 images come up.

Lollipop is great. Enjoyed it on my n5. Hate the battery life on that phone.

Patiently waiting for cm12 on my OPO I'm thinking early December for us opo brahs

Lollipop is great. Enjoyed it on my n5. Hate the battery life on that phone.

Patiently waiting for cm12 on my OPO I'm thinking early December for us opo brahs

I really hope so. I can wait a month thats nothing. It just surprising how fast other companies are getting them out. Took a while but they're finally listening to us when we say we want updates.

I got to hold the turbo at best buy and the size is perfect and the weight made it feel very premium

Since you're rooted, you should have a superuser app.

If it's supersu, go to settings, scroll to the bottom and select enable pro. App should restart. Open it in settings again and under superuser enable survival mode.

Right on. Just did that, so just to make sure I won't get the update OTA right?

No, I think you'll still get it. Just when you download it, it will try to keep your root. Keep in mind, it is experimental and isn't guaranteed to work.

Back
Top Bottom