• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So my Galaxy S3 is acting up. It charges when it's connected to my computer but not when it's connected to the wall outlet. Is the cable bad? I've been using the same cable since day 1.

Headphones that came with the note 4 are 
eek.gif

They don't get as low as a high priced headphone, but have enough clean bass for most. Midrange and top end are A+

So my Galaxy S3 is acting up. It charges when it's connected to my computer but not when it's connected to the wall outlet. Is the cable bad? I've been using the same cable since day 1.

try a different cable and see? I'm sure people around you have android chargers

But it seems google is constantly using your gps without you knowing it. For example google now can tell how you many miles you walked in a certain month. Physically turning off the gps is better than leaving it on in the background

Well I block Google and it's apps from using my GPS except for maps

try a different cable and see? I'm sure people around you have android chargers

Cable

Yea I'll swap the cables and see if that works.

I think I want an iPhone 6 :smh:.

My last few Android were lemons (GSM GNEX and LG G2 :x :x) with GPS and screen issues among other things. The only android device that interests me currently is the Turbo but Idk if I want to deal with any issues that may come up with it in the future and I need a phone with strong signal since I steady drop calls at home (Whens Verizon getting WIFI calling smh?). I think at this point I just want a phone that works, and unfortunately boring IOS seems to do just that. I don't know how I am going to handle the screen size drop tho, since I think the G2/Turbo is the perfect size.

Someone sway me away from the I6 and towards the Turbo lol, I don't care for the Note 4 size.

Does the I6 play nicely with a Chromecast? im guessing not :stoneface:

It just feels wrong :x

I think I want an iPhone 6 :smh:.

My last few Android were lemons (GSM GNEX and LG G2 :x :x) with GPS and screen issues among other things. The only android device that interests me currently is the Turbo but Idk if I want to deal with any issues that may come up with it in the future and I need a phone with strong signal since I steady drop calls at home (Whens Verizon getting WIFI calling smh?). I think at this point I just want a phone that works, and unfortunately boring IOS seems to do just that. I don't know how I am going to handle the screen size drop tho, since I think the G2/Turbo is the perfect size.

Someone sway me away from the I6 and towards the Turbo lol, I don't care for the Note 4 size.

Does the I6 play nicely with a Chromecast? im guessing not :stoneface:

It just feels wrong :x

I'm in the same boat as you but the opposite lol. Been considering joining team android and I'd be coming from the iPhone 6. Like you said, iOS is the same every year but really stable and the battery life is :smokin but just a really boring design.

There's an app out where you can stream from websites to the Chromecast for iOS called video and tv cast browser. It works ok but won't let me set the desired resolution

Or I may just (try to) get a Moto X on cyber monday if the deal is good towards a Verizon model.

All my friends with iPhone 6s complain about terrible battery life. Phones basically dead by the end of the work day. Dudes are envious as hell of my note 4 battery life

All my friends with iPhone 6s complain about terrible battery life. Phones basically dead by the end of the work day. Dudes are envious as hell of my note 4 battery life

This. My friend say battery life is the weakest part of the iPhone 6. Everywhere they go they have to bring a charger with them, like me with my N5

The 6 battery is pretty average.. The "usage" stats they show will fool you into thinking it's ost but it's not. The 6+ is legit though..

This is coming from an i6 owner..who gave it up to my girl and went back to the opo after about a mo. Missed my god battery. Grass always seems greener on the otherside

Last edited:
I have a 6+ and while it is pretty boring everything you mentioned is true. It works the overall best across the board.

But as far as th Turbo goes, I personally wouldn't get it. Especially after you expressed your concerns regarding longevity. This is my personal opinion, but from what I can tell, the Note series is the only Android phone that I believe would be solid for 2 years. A lot of us in this thread are enthusiasts and will probably own at least 4 different phones in 2 years but if you are the latter I would suggest that you heavily consider the Note 4.

And damn, I wish you could use unlocked phones on Sprint :smh:

I have a 6+ and while it is pretty boring everything you mentioned is true. It works the overall best across the board.

But as far as th Turbo goes, I personally wouldn't get it. Especially after you expressed your concerns regarding longevity. This is my personal opinion, but from what I can tell, the Note series is the only Android phone that I believe would be solid for 2 years. A lot of us in this thread are enthusiasts and will probably own at least 4 different phones in 2 years but if you are the latter I would suggest that you heavily consider the Note 4.

And damn, I wish you could use unlocked phones on Sprint :smh:

I'm mean if I was financially able to I would have multiple devices but alas that's not the move currently lol. I'm using a edge up to upgrade a year early to get off this lemon G2.

I understand the note 4 is the top dog device atm. I just don't know if I can get with the size. The G2 isn't small by any means but if I throw even a slim case on the N4 :x

What's everybody's feeling about the moto x 2014 for ~360 before tax? I might try to go that route first since I can bypass Verizon in that instance if I can get the code before it sells out.

Last edited:
I'm mean if I was financially able to I would have multiple devices but alas that's not the move currently lol. I'm using a edge up to upgrade a year early to get off this lemon G2.

I understand the note 4 is the top dog device atm. I just don't know if I can get with the size. The G2 isn't small by any means but if I throw even a slim case on the N4 :x

What's everybody's feeling about the moto x 2014 for ~360 before tax? I might try to go that route first since I can bypass Verizon in that instance if I can get the code before it sells out.

You would get use the the Note 4's size.

The Moto X is a good look but with an already skeptical battery time is probably not on your side.

did something stupid, i did a full wipe from recovery, then when I tapped install, i don't see the custom rom i dL'd. now when i turn on my phone it just goes into infinite loop. T_T
when i try to connect my phone to my pc, it doesn't show up as one of the drives anymore, so i cant copy any of my custom roms to it.

since i don't use an external sd card, maybe if i use one and plug it in separately to my pc to copy the rom, then put it into my phone, then i can now use it to flash?

please halp, super noob android user here. T_T

Back
Top Bottom