• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
did something stupid, i did a full wipe from recovery, then when I tapped install, i don't see the custom rom i dL'd. now when i turn on my phone it just goes into infinite loop. T_T
when i try to connect my phone to my pc, it doesn't show up as one of the drives anymore, so i cant copy any of my custom roms to it.

since i don't use an external sd card, maybe if i use one and plug it in separately to my pc to copy the rom, then put it into my phone, then i can now use it to flash?

please halp, super noob android user here. T_T
What phone do you have?

^ thanks, i hope it all works out. gona have to wait for a couple of hours though, the stores here arent even open yet :lol:

I'm highly considering switching from an iPhone to a Android phone, I've just gotten tired of the same thing year after year from Apple and I want something different. Any tips/reviews/recommendations any of you have to offer would be appreciated :D

did something stupid, i did a full wipe from recovery, then when I tapped install, i don't see the custom rom i dL'd. now when i turn on my phone it just goes into infinite loop. T_T
when i try to connect my phone to my pc, it doesn't show up as one of the drives anymore, so i cant copy any of my custom roms to it.

since i don't use an external sd card, maybe if i use one and plug it in separately to my pc to copy the rom, then put it into my phone, then i can now use it to flash?

please halp, super noob android user here. T_T
For future reference, always put the rom on SD card if you're doing a full wipe.  You must've done a wipe that wipes your internal media storage, which in turn wiped your downloaded ROM.

I'm highly considering switching from an iPhone to a Android phone, I've just gotten tired of the same thing year after year from Apple and I want something different. Any tips/reviews/recommendations any of you have to offer would be appreciated :D

Prioritize what you want most out of your phone, such as a good camera, excellent sound quality, screen size, battery life, etc. Here are your options (Not sure what your carrier is, so I'll just list all the possible options):

Good Camera (Note 4, Galaxy S5, LG G3, Droid Turbo, Nexus 6)
Excellent Sound Quality (Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, Moto X)
Big Screen Size (Nexus 6, Note 4, LG G3)
Battery Life (Droid Turbo, Note 4, Nexus 6)
SD card slot for more storage (Note 4, S5, G3, M8)
Responsiveness/Little to No Lag (Nexus 6, M8, Droid Turbo, Moto X) - this can be subjective though. And generally, none of these phones lag but the response time is more noticeable in others.

Once you've narrowed down your options, read/watch reviews (I usually like MKBHD's reviews on YouTube) for those phones and determine the pros and cons for each. When you pick a phone, make sure to play around with it your carrier's location and whatnot.

Here's a helpful guide BTW - https://www.android.com/switch/

One more tip - download iSyncr. It helps sync your iTunes library with your Android phone. It's a paid app but definitely worth especially if you're switching from iOS to Android.

Now I'm reading that the mic holes on the Verizon note 4 are not aligned the same as other companies. Now none of the cool cases I found wouldNT fit on it if I bought it....

I HATE VERIZON!!!! JUST LIKE WHEN THEY GAVE THIS STUPID G2 WIRELESS CHARGING, CHANGING THE BACK AND KILLING THE CASE MARKET BEFORE IT EVEN GOT STARTED!!!

So my Galaxy S3 is acting up. It charges when it's connected to my computer but not when it's connected to the wall outlet. Is the cable bad? I've been using the same cable since day 1.

I've have similar issues with my S3. The original cord went bad about a year ago so I started using ones from other smart phones they work for awhile and just stop :smh:

So is there any drawback to purchasing This Note 4 on Amazon? I mean they don't charge me taxes I just have to wait a few days to get it but I would be cool with that. I considered going through Bestbuy for the points but they're charging 750 before taxes so F that. I don't see the need to get it through Verizon since I have a CC with No interest for 15 Months So that gives me my own time to pay it off.

Good to go? How would I handle any issues with the device if any?

Can I still go to Verizon and get the Insurance added?

Last edited:
Got my Fire HD 7 today, installed my Google apps, but not able to root. Other than that

not bad.

i know this aint the thread... but how do i get my girls stuff from a galaxy s 3...

to a iphone 6?

yall know i'm #teamandroid.. but she made the switch

So is there any drawback to purchasing This Note 4 on Amazon? I mean they don't charge me taxes I just have to wait a few days to get it but I would be cool with that. I considered going through Bestbuy for the points but they're charging 750 before taxes so F that. I don't see the need to get it through Verizon since I have a CC with No interest for 15 Months So that gives me my own time to pay it off.

Good to go? How would I handle any issues with the device if any?

Can I still go to Verizon and get the Insurance added?

Are you buying the phone full price?

Bruh...

Playing with this iPhone 6 my girl got..

:x

Gotta put in a credit card just to get n apple ID...

She's already frustrated with it..

Plus you can't do anything with it...

The device feels good in hand...

But jeez... You can't do any thing on it.

I loved the way the 6 felt in hand with the apple leather case..without a case :x too slippery.

As far as having an iPhone she just gotta get used to the Apple way :lol: you gotta do it their way. They're making progress since they now allow 3rd party keyboards. They do all the little simple things good, she'll get used to it and like it eventually I'm sure.

Last edited:
Bruh...

Playing with this iPhone 6 my girl got..

:x

Gotta put in a credit card just to get n apple ID...

She's already frustrated with it..

Plus you can't do anything with it...

The device feels good in hand...

But jeez... You can't do any thing on it.

You don't have to put a credit card in

Back
Top Bottom