• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The two biggest causes of battery drain are the Facebook apps and the Google Play apps (Google+ and Newsstand in particular).

1. Uninstall Facebook and Facebook Messenger. Setup a shortcut to the web-based version instead.

2. Go into Settings>Apps and disable Google+, Google Play Newsstand, Books, Games and Movies & TV.

Give it a try, you'd be surprised at how much more battery you have left by the time you get home on an evening.

i thought this would be useful at first, until i tried facebooks mobile site. straight garbage. can't even type a comment properly, it's acting very glitchy.

Chrome is force closing on me lately, keyboard is a bit laggy too...can't believe 5.0 is running so crappy on the N5. What a shame.

Chrome has also been force closing on me A LOT. Especially if I watch a video on a page or anything of that sort.

Lolipop is garbage imo. Judging by SOT for people looks like I will be picking up the Note 4 likely.

I got an OTA update notification on my G3 for something, not sure what it was but I thought I disabled it since I'm rooted...guess not.

I been getting a OTA for the G3 for the longest but it never updates ... **** mad annoying ...

My wife M8 got that black screen of death and it won't do anything ... ****

Im trying to buy the OPO without the invite as they state, but when i go to buy it says I need a invite?

Looks like that special ended already :rofl:

It did say while supplies last. I'm curious how much they sold.

So I contacted HTC and my phone was still under factory warranty. $29 bucks and $599 hold to get another phone out to me by Tuesday and returned label for my phone.

If I would of have been patient, it would of have been free but 7-10 business days.

Best Android tablet out? Looking to get one. Just for browsing the Internet, social media, email and Netflix. I would prefer a 10" screen and I'm looking to spend $300-$350. Definitely don't want a 7" screen. So the 8.3" is the smallest I'd go. Thanks for any help!

Nvidia Shield tablet

What are the reasons you like it? I was basically set on one of these three. Nvidia Shield, LG G Pad 8. 3 or the Nexus 9. I kind of want the LG more, because I have a G2 which I love. Also can sync all my phone/tablet stuff together.

For browsing, the 4:3 ratio will be better. Same for social media and typing. Video will have letter boxing, but it won't be terrible. The only downside would be finding a non defective unit.

What are the reasons you like it? I was basically set on one of these three. Nvidia Shield, LG G Pad 8. 3 or the Nexus 9. I kind of want the LG more, because I have a G2 which I love. Also can sync all my phone/tablet stuff together.

Nvidia Shield, K1 chip, free high graphics games, mirroring games, close to stick Google, good relationship with Google to ensure timely updates.

That iPhone 6 is kinda nice, im not gonna lie.  Its not as snappy as what im used to, but that camera is nice, and that screen is so bright.  I know the 6+ camera is insane 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom