• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Battery life was really trash at first. I disabled(cant uninstall) 32 bloatware apps (
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif
) and turned off VoLTE.  Battery life is looking a lil better now.  We'll see how it goes...
I highly doubt you're going to be comfortable with the S6 long term. Deep down inside you're an HTC guy.
Ehh, I actually like this joint alot.  I've dealt with more Samsung phones than any other OEM, so I knew what to expect going into this.  Plus most of the bloat was actually the useless carrier stuff and not Samsung stuff this time.  Only a few of the Samsung apps I had to disable like the push service, SVoice, Lookout, Milk, things like that.

Besides that, they have actually cleaned up performance on this alot.  This joint is pretty snappy.  I just gotta get back into the swing of things 
laugh.gif

Ehh, I actually like this joint alot.  I've dealt with more Samsung phones than any other OEM, so I knew what to expect going into this.  Plus most of the bloat was actually the useless carrier stuff and not Samsung stuff this time.  Only a few of the Samsung apps I had to disable like the push service, SVoice, Lookout, Milk, things like that.

Besides that, they have actually cleaned up performance on this alot.  This joint is pretty snappy.  I just gotta get back into the swing of things 
laugh.gif

Thing is, w/ how quick the battery drains and how quick you charge it, I feel like you'll burn through your battery life cycles within the first year. That being said, will probably end up picking one up tmrw. Pros/cons from the short time you've had it?

laugh.gif

Thing is, w/ how quick the battery drains and how quick you charge it, I feel like you'll burn through your battery life cycles within the first year. That being said, will probably end up picking one up tmrw. Pros/cons from the short time you've had it?
After I disabled the bloatware and VoLTE, battery life got alot better.  I was on course for about 5hrs SOT, which is decent.  Outside of that, WiFi related functions seem to be the biggest drain on this device.  Hopefully they can get that sorted out with some updates/optimizations. 

I'm waiting to get some more use in before I give a full list of pro's/cons, but for right now its pretty good.  I like it.
aaaand my weather card is gone 
frown.gif
Mine disappears from time to time too 
laugh.gif
.  It'll come back sooner or later lol

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Another feature on the Note 4 that productivity heads like myself TRULY appreciate.

Of course many people know about the default Samsung voice recording app, but since the Note 4 is geared more for business/educational types it includes a few nice features that utilize the N4's multiple microphones.

Normal mode: is the default normal omni-directional mode that picks up sound in a contiguous 360 degree arc around the phone.

Interview mode: records in a bi-directional manner that records the interviewer/s and the interviewee sitting across from each other with the phone placed longitudinally (North/South) in between the parties. This mode lessens the effect of unwanted noise coming from the "East/West" Axis. You can filter the playback depending on interviewer/interviewee if I'm not mistaken.

Meeting mode: is similar to the normal mode in that it records omni-directionally except that it can distinguish 8 individual octants (zones) within the 360 degree arc around the phone. This is great for recording in a conference table environment. Playback can be singled out by zone if I'm not mistaken

Voice Memo mode: is a speech to text dictation mode that not only records your voice, it also transforms your voice into text and quite accurately I might add. Now it's not as robust and the standalone dictation apps like Dragon Naturally Speaking software suite, but it is accurate and works well. The limitations are that it recognizes pauses as an ending of a sentence and starts a new string of words capitalized even without punctuation. However if you were trying to write a book and or had a poem or literature you needed to recite in a pinch and on the fly this would work...you'd just need to do some backside editing after exporting.

Written by EWD your friendly resident Samsung technology stan :lol: [/COLOR]

Last edited:
Damn, Costco is selling phones with no sales tax right now in TX. Only had the black cw for the S6 Edge tho. Where that white at.

Last edited:
For me there's a sweet spot with battery.

If I can get through an entire day with 10% left, I'm happy.

5hours SOT is decent ?

For what it is, yes.  Its not pulling Note 4 numbers but for the type of device it is(2k screen, smaller battery), its cool.

Ish, I only get about 5 hrs of SOT with my Note 4. What am I doing wrong.

I'm saying :lol:

I randomly get 6-7 hrs sometimes, but 5 is my norm as well.

So there's such thing as "too much" battery life for you then?

I usually make it about 24hrs (roughly) within charges (medium use). Which is no complaints. Just curious how people get like 6+ hrs of SOT.

I get 5-6 hours of sot on my note 4 and I'm extremely pleased. But I'm coming from the nexus

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that it's not enough for me at all. I just always see others with the same device with WAY better battery lives and get a little jelly :lol:

5hours SOT is decent ?

For what it is, yes.  Its not pulling Note 4 numbers but for the type of device it is(2k screen, smaller battery), its cool.

I'm saying :lol:

So there's such thing as "too much" battery life for you then?

Yeah.

I hate going to bed with like 30-40% ish because I know I'll have to plug in sometime the next day (even though I have a battery pack).

I'm real OCD and like charging at night. :lol:

Last edited:
Bought a black S6 Edge. Small scratches all across the glass, looked like a manufacturing flaw. Returned right then and got a new unit. Same thing, less noticeable. Will post pics in a bit. 

5hours SOT is decent ?

I'm saying
laugh.gif

Note 4 gets the 5 hrs SOT + alot better standby time, which the 6 struggles with in certain configurations.  Thats the difference lol.  

But yea 4.5 - 5 SOT is definitely good for my use.  I'm not looking to disable half the phone to squeeze any more life outta it lol.

Last edited:
Yea im still getting over 5 hours SOT on my Note 4, even after the Lollipop update has made my battery life noticeably worse

Back
Top Bottom